What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** APEX LEGENDS *** - ̿ ̿ ̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ (1 Viewer)

Win in my first game tonight. Mainly Flatline and EV8.  3 kills and 590.  Had a Watson with us and ended up staking out a building in the end. 

Just curious - what is different about the new map that you don't like/don't think you get as many kills?

Despite cringing every time we head to train yard, I kinda like this map.  
I like the way the old map flows better.  Feel like I'm always running from something on the new one. 

@flapgreen will be happy with S4, but will have to wait.  Looks like they are splitting up the season and 2nd half will return to Kings Canyon on March 24th.  Looks like new gun and 1 maybe 2 new characters.  Hope they are more useful to me than the last ones.  Caustic seems to be the only one I like of any of the add ons.   I have enough coin and credits for a character and a battle pass, so might do that.  

@flapgreen will be happy with S4, but will have to wait.  Looks like they are splitting up the season and 2nd half will return to Kings Canyon on March 24th.  Looks like new gun and 1 maybe 2 new characters.  Hope they are more useful to me than the last ones.  Caustic seems to be the only one I like of any of the add ons.   I have enough coin and credits for a character and a battle pass, so might do that.  
Awesome! Be great if they would give option of either map. 1 win tonight. 2 last night 

I'm kinda trash at this game (or any game really now that I'm old) but love playing it.  Combat in this game is so much fun.  Anyways, always looking for peeps to play with.  On Xbox - GT Ryodan5. 
Finished the night with a 2nd with HX. Oh so close 

Just tried one game last night- 4th I think?  One guy peaced out right away, and even with a gold stabilizer I suck with energy weapons.  :bag:

Just tried one game last night- 4th I think?  One guy peaced out right away, and even with a gold stabilizer I suck with energy weapons.  :bag:
Same. I'm useless with energy weapons.  The game is just so much more enjoyable and easier when you have an entire team working together.  Hx and I kept getting shafted by our teammates last night. 

Same. I'm useless with energy weapons.  The game is just so much more enjoyable and easier when you have an entire team working together.  Hx and I kept getting shafted by our teammates last night. 
For sure.  I feel like I have a pretty low success rate, and feels like one of the teammates either log off quickly upon landing, go off on their own (usually to train yard or Capital when I am dropping somewhere else), or log off instantly if they are taken down - even though I try my best to double back for a revive/spawn.  Don't get the point of playing a team battle royale game if you don't like the team part.  You guys are making me want to by a used xbox.  

For sure.  I feel like I have a pretty low success rate, and feels like one of the teammates either log off quickly upon landing, go off on their own (usually to train yard or Capital when I am dropping somewhere else), or log off instantly if they are taken down - even though I try my best to double back for a revive/spawn.  Don't get the point of playing a team battle royale game if you don't like the team part.  You guys are making me want to by a used xbox.  
My little nephew's friend played with us for one game last night. You can tell he grew up playing these types of games. I'm so old now.  Pretty sure he was hitting a waterbong before we logged off, though. :unsure:

Does anyone have any info about the upcoming Season 4? I assume it's the same map as we have now, but maybe with another named location or two. Hopefully they work in the original map more often. Even though the OG is smaller, it's just so damn fun. 

Does anyone have any info about the upcoming Season 4? I assume it's the same map as we have now, but maybe with another named location or two. Hopefully they work in the original map more often. Even though the OG is smaller, it's just so damn fun. 
Same map, some changes- I think I read that Capital might have lava too?  Basically like S2 where there were tweaks to kings canyon.  Then like I posted above- back to old match in March. 

Also one maybe 2 new characters, a new gun, revamp to levels of ranked leagues, etc..  

My 2 pet peeves.  A teammate running off in their own or a teammate engaging in unnecessary battles. 
This is one of mine.  Just played a game and both other players went off on their own.  Was jump master and went to overlook, and one ran to geyser the other to Capitol.  

But it's a balance because my other annoyance is loot hogs who are right on you fighting for supplies.  

This is one of mine.  Just played a game and both other players went off on their own.  Was jump master and went to overlook, and one ran to geyser the other to Capitol.  

But it's a balance because my other annoyance is loot hogs who are right on you fighting for supplies.  
Yeah the loot hogs are the worst.  Like, go find your own crate man!  That really bothers me, as well as teammates (randoms) who quit while there are still two of you alive,  you've got their banner, and you're risking your life to get to a revive.

Yeah the loot hogs are the worst.  Like, go find your own crate man!  That really bothers me, as well as teammates (randoms) who quit while there are still two of you alive,  you've got their banner, and you're risking your life to get to a revive.
Exactly! 

We fight our way to second last circle.

I am kill leader.  I set a perimeter with traps leading to a secure spot on roof.  All we gotta do is wait.

You: Let's PUSH!!!

Me: no, we good.

You: Don't be a ##### bro... jumps off roof with buddy.  

You both dead in ~20 seconds.

Me: wipes the squad that killed you both while you tell me how trash I am.  Kills one of last squad before others get me.  

You: laugh at me for dying.

eta - the pleasures of playing solo and having to random every game.

Last edited by a moderator:

I am kill leader.  I set a perimeter with traps leading to a secure spot on roof.  All we gotta do is wait.

Me: wipes the squad that killed you both while you tell me how trash I am.  Kills one of last squad before others get me.  

The worst 

Bad night. Couple of seconds.  Finished off a couple squads in 2 consecutive matches. Was just me remaining. Picked of both banners in both matches. Both teammates quit both times.  What's the point of even playing if you're going to do that? 

Yeah, getting a squad that works together is a wonderful thing. You have a decent chance of winning, even if the individual members are not great players.

Loot hogs, as you put it, really are the worst. Those also seem to be the ones that run way ahead and inevitably run into another squad and get downed immediately. 

Yeah, getting a squad that works together is a wonderful thing. You have a decent chance of winning, even if the individual members are not great players.

Loot hogs, as you put it, really are the worst. Those also seem to be the ones that run way ahead and inevitably run into another squad and get downed immediately. 
Yep, then the other team gets all the stuff they managed to get

#### those guys.  Either I am unlucky, or seems like there are way too many of these bros playing the game.    

Especially love the touch about the crap talking, but you are the one carrying the team and trying to revive, etc..  Again, I am not good, but I have also had that - teammate goes off on their own, get knocked, swearing at me as I revive them and take out somebody and ping some health for them.  

So, what are good combos for characters as far as working as a team?   I would think that Pathfinder + Caustic would be fun since you could use zip lines to get in odd places and lay some gas traps.  What else do you guys use?     If you talk with others, do you try to plan out guns at all - ie one in the group at least has a sniper scope to look for enemies in the distance, etc.. 

#### those guys.  Either I am unlucky, or seems like there are way too many of these bros playing the game.    

Especially love the touch about the crap talking, but you are the one carrying the team and trying to revive, etc..  Again, I am not good, but I have also had that - teammate goes off on their own, get knocked, swearing at me as I revive them and take out somebody and ping some health for them.  
I muted the squad long ago but leave my own mic on

So, what are good combos for characters as far as working as a team?   I would think that Pathfinder + Caustic would be fun since you could use zip lines to get in odd places and lay some gas traps.  What else do you guys use?     If you talk with others, do you try to plan out guns at all - ie one in the group at least has a sniper scope to look for enemies in the distance, etc.. 
I like playing more of a support role so I stick with Bangalore, Gibraltar and Octane. Starting to use Caustic come.  

In a perfect world where I already knew my teammates, I'd stick with a Flatline and a shotgun and leave the sniper to one or both of my teammates. Since I usually don't know what guns my teammates have, I usually stick with a Flatline or shotgun and a G7

I started playing Apex around March. It's the only game I've played in over 15 years. I'm just now starting to sort of get the hang of it. 

1st game. Land around lava alone. Loot some. Both teammates take off way ahead. I catch up in the city. They seperate at the city, even though it's obvious the city has been looted already. Of course, one guy gets jumped by a full squad and goes down immediately. Other guy runs immediately into the full squad and dies. I get so annoyed. I just quit. 

Had a couple good games, then right back to how it started.  Not even sure 1/3 of my games have had a full squad after about 2mins.  

I think I play a completely different style than the rest of you. Always drop hot zone if I can. Prefer kills over wins. Rarely pass up a battle. 

Users who are viewing this thread