What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** APEX LEGENDS *** - ̿ ̿ ̿̿’̿’\̵͇̿̿\=(•̪●)=/̵͇̿̿/’̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ (1 Viewer)

I will post in here so @flapgreen and I don't clog up the Fortnite thread with Apex ####... 

I adjusted the sensitivity, etc.  not sure if that helped, but I logged in last night and had my best game on Apex right off the bat.  (good for me).  Over 1000 damage, 6 kills, a squad wipe, etc..  So I kept playing, and it went right back to the usual - barely getting 150 damage, getting killed right away, etc.. WTF??  this went on for about 3 hours as I stubbornly didn't want to end on that sour note.  

Last game of the night ended with wiping out the last 2 guys on the 2nd to last team for the win and 5 kills overall in the game.  This was after getting punched for about 1 min by my teammate for some unknown reason (I assumed ####ty play), and deciding F-it, I am just going to charge in at the last circle.  

It's all about aggression and moving. We either skirt around the outside of the ring or work our way toward the center and get positioning before it gets too small. 

It's all about aggression and moving. We either skirt around the outside of the ring or work our way toward the center and get positioning before it gets too small. 
This is what I do as well. If I’m jump master, I always go way out there somewhere. Loot a bit and start moving (usually running along the storm). Charge any gunfire you hear once you’re down to the last few squads.

What I hate is that the Train Station is basically the new Skulltown. Every sweaty 10 year old who ends up Jump master lands us there. Ugh.

This is what I do as well. If I’m jump master, I always go way out there somewhere. Loot a bit and start moving (usually running along the storm). Charge any gunfire you hear once you’re down to the last few squads.

What I hate is that the Train Station is basically the new Skulltown. Every sweaty 10 year old who ends up Jump master lands us there. Ugh.
I used to charge into as many battles as I could to get kills. Lately, I've been avoiding most battles unless it's very favorable.   I usually get destroyed when I fight too many. Just make sure I'm loaded out by the end with what I want. 

I've had to ditch snipers. Just not effective enough in the end.  Flatline and a shotgun going into battle works bets for me. R99 is useless to me. I just cannot control the thing. 

You've come so far! 

Looks like no one from earlier in the thread plays anymore. :(
:lol:

I played a little last night, and back to normal- couple kills, 200-300 damage most games.  Was slightly under the influence too.  I think 1 win and a couple top 3s.   Not a pro by any stretch, but at least enough most games that I dont feel completely worthless.  

I am sure there are "better" games out there, but stuff like COD is too fast for me, and I hate the building aspect in Fortnite.  Apex has a good balance, imo.  

Maybe you said before, but what characters do you usually use, flap? 

I have all but one unlocked.  I have been back to caustic the last couple times, after that my usual are Bloodhound and Wraith.  

Maybe you said before, but what characters do you usually use, flap? 

I have all but one unlocked.  I have been back to caustic the last couple times, after that my usual are Bloodhound and Wraith.  
Bangalore always my first choice.  Then, either octane or the robot dude. Then Gibraltar.   Those seem to allow me to help my team the most. 

I really tried to play with Crypto but I can't get used to it. Get into a fight and forget I'm playing with him.  I think Im throwing up a shield or smoke, but instead stand still throwing up my drone and look like an idiot and get killed. 

Got 1 win last night so up to 10 Season 2 wins with Bangalore. Not 1 kill during the win. Lol

Bangalore always my first choice.  Then, either octane or the robot dude. Then Gibraltar.   Those seem to allow me to help my team the most. 

I really tried to play with Crypto but I can't get used to it. Get into a fight and forget I'm playing with him.  I think Im throwing up a shield or smoke, but instead stand still throwing up my drone and look like an idiot and get killed. 

Got 1 win last night so up to 10 Season 2 wins with Bangalore. Not 1 kill during the win. Lol
Interesting mix, and that's it's completely different that my choices.   Seems like I can't get Pathfinder's hook to go where I want, so I get frustrated with that.  I like the idea of Mirage, but seems like nobody (except me) falls for the hologram.   Seems like I used the ones I do for getting out of jams which is probably not what they are intended for - ie Bloodhound's ultimate I seem to use most to either run away or get out of trouble when I am trapped in the closing ring.  Wraith helps when I am getting shot at to hide, and I use Caustic's gas to run away or drop by anybody that I or a teammate have downed.   

I think Gibraltar and Pathfinder are my least used.  

:lol:   So true.  there is always about 4-5 teams there and I can't seem to find jack.    If I am not jumpmaster, I am assume I am going to Train Station, Epicenter, or Capital City.

Just like with the previous map, I seem to gravitate to the edges and corners.  Refinery, Overlook, Geyser, The Tree, and Lava City are usually where I head.  

I've had to ditch snipers. Just not effective enough in the end.  Flatline and a shotgun going into battle works bets for me. R99 is useless to me. I just cannot control the thing. 
In theory, these should be what I go for, as with all other games I would prefer to lay on a ridge and pick people off, but like you said, I don't find them to be all that useful in Apex.  Unless you have a coordinated team and one tries to have a sniper on them?  Basically, I can get a few shots off, but mostly it just alerts a squad where I am at and they come murder me.  Seems like my best combo the last few times is R99/R301/Flatline/Hemlock + either auto shotgun or Wingman.  I can't do jack with the energy weapons, even if they are fully kitted (which means most games, that is what I find ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
In theory, these should be what I go for, as with all other games I would prefer to lay on a ridge and pick people off, but like you said, I don't find them to be all that useful in Apex.  Unless you have a coordinated team and one tries to have a sniper on them?  Basically, I can get a few shots off, but mostly it just alerts a squad where I am at and they come murder me.  Seems like my best combo the last few times is R99/R301/Flatline/Hemlock + either auto shotgun or Wingman.  I can't do jack with the energy weapons, even if they are fully kitted (which means most games, that is what I find ;)
G7 Scout + double tap with 2x or 3x is amazing.  Or sniper optics and hip fire for close up.  Hits harder than wingman.

Interesting mix, and that's it's completely different that my choices.   Seems like I can't get Pathfinder's hook to go where I want, so I get frustrated with that.  I like the idea of Mirage, but seems like nobody (except me) falls for the hologram.   Seems like I used the ones I do for getting out of jams which is probably not what they are intended for - ie Bloodhound's ultimate I seem to use most to either run away or get out of trouble when I am trapped in the closing ring.  Wraith helps when I am getting shot at to hide, and I use Caustic's gas to run away or drop by anybody that I or a teammate have downed.   

I think Gibraltar and Pathfinder are my least used.  
Gibraltar is only my 3rd or 4th option. I've gotten better with pathfinder and like his ability to move. I like octane for that reason as well. 

Yeah, Flatline + shotgun are my best combo. I wish I could hit something with R99 but I have to be extremely close to someone to hit them. I can hit medium distance and up close with Flatline and then finish them off with shotgun if I have to. 

Maybe I’ll fire this back up. Haven’t played in a long time. Definitely not since Modern Warfare came out. 

Last time I played regularly my 11 year old son was better than me.

Maybe I’ll fire this back up. Haven’t played in a long time. Definitely not since Modern Warfare came out. 

Last time I played regularly my 11 year old son was better than me.
Which console? 

I literally didn't play games for 15 years before I started playing this last year, so this is all I have. 

Doing a lot better lately. Still suck but at least getting some kills most games. 
Seems like I am back at my wall off mostly 300 or so damage and 1-2 kills most games.   Better than I was, still pretty uneven.  

I equated this to golf the other day to my son.  That 1000+ game the other day was like that one sweet golf shot you keep chasing when you aren't that good.  You hit it once, so wtf can't it be more consistent??!! 

Played a couple rounds. Best game back was 4 kills and about a thousand damage but have loaded in 2 games in a row with only a two person squad. So annoying.

Can join in some gun battles now and get some kills.  If I get into a battle head on and one on one with someone, I may win 10% of the time. 

Can join in some gun battles now and get some kills.  If I get into a battle head on and one on one with someone, I may win 10% of the time. 
I think you are getting better than I am - 10% might be generous for me.  I am at least getting to the point where I am willing to engage though.  I am liking Caustic more and more.  Now my trio is leaning more to him, Bloodhound, and Bangalore.  At least I use their ultimate a bit.  

Interesting new mode- something new every 2 days.  First up is duos with gold guns only.  

These are fun, but mostly I look forward to regular Apex with competition on my level as people flock to the new modes.  

i feel like i need to get back into this game. did they ever improve the view/graphics? all the colors seem to blend together and makes it hard to see things from a distance. maybe im color blind

i feel like i need to get back into this game. did they ever improve the view/graphics? all the colors seem to blend together and makes it hard to see things from a distance. maybe im color blind
If you're on Xbox, I'm always looking for someone to play with whenever I'm on.  Maybe an hour a night a few nights a week is all I usually have. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I do have trouble seeing enemjnies sometimes. I feel like everyone can see me. 

If you're on Xbox, I'm always looking for someone to play with whenever I'm on.  Maybe an hour a night a few nights a week is all I usually have. I don't have anything else to compare it to, but I do have trouble seeing enemjnies sometimes. I feel like everyone can see me. 
Yea I’m Xbox but need to polish up my game   Last time I played octane was the new character

Probably going to try the new mode tonight.   Gold guns sounded awesome, but honestly that just got me killed even faster, as people with actual aim could basically one shot you right away.   Had a few OK games when I dropped father away and was able to snipe a bit.  

Tonight is the second day of:

Live.Die.Live: Automatically respawn on living squadmates when the ring closes.

Looks like Sat/Sun is 3rd person mode, so I will hard pass on that, but I like Mon and Tues mode where the ring is always moving.  

I suck. 1 or 2 kills a game usually.  Get wins here and there if I have good teammates. I don't like the new map as much as the old one. 
We are just about opposite on this game - guns, characters, etc.. .  I like this one more - I feel it's open a little more, and there is a little more sniping that is a viable option in some games.   Also, I liked the addition of the bots/vault keys.  

Probably going to try the new mode tonight.   Gold guns sounded awesome, but honestly that just got me killed even faster, as people with actual aim could basically one shot you right away.   Had a few OK games when I dropped father away and was able to snipe a bit.  

Tonight is the second day of:

Live.Die.Live: Automatically respawn on living squadmates when the ring closes.

Looks like Sat/Sun is 3rd person mode, so I will hard pass on that, but I like Mon and Tues mode where the ring is always moving.  
Hate that I'm missing this. 

Just took down a live die live game. 6 kills 1,648 damage. This mode suits me as I like to rush in and get killed early a lot but as long as my teammates stay alive I get respawned.

Couldn't do 3rd person, but I am intrigued by the game tonight and tomorrow with the constant moving ring.  

Played 3-4 games of regular last night an did ok.  Forcing myself to try Pathfinder and liked him.  1 win, 1 2nd place (after getting trapped in a ring spot with no escape- 0 clue how we did that), and a handful of kills. 

Users who are viewing this thread