What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What was your favorite subject in high school? (1 Viewer)

Was wondering if many, or any, of you have let those teachers know that you appreciated their class?  Teachers don’t get many perks but knowing they influenced their students in a positive way is one of them.

Algebra.

Ms. CrapIForgetHerName always wore a button down shirt and always seemed to stop one button short not distracting every boy in class. Was a great view every day and definitely had a couple of nice variables to solve for. 

Was wondering if many, or any, of you have let those teachers know that you appreciated their class?  Teachers don’t get many perks but knowing they influenced their students in a positive way is one of them.

I can second this in terms of making a teacher's day. The times I've had alumni tell me they appreciated me as a teacher are special moments. 

That said, I have to disagree with the perks comment. I'm contracted to work about 182 days a year. That's 50% of the days in a year or about 16 weeks of vacation for the normal working stiff. Further, my salary used to be embarrassing, but that's changed in recent years. I'm making around $100K now. Yeah, I'm at the end of the pay scale, but I'm thrilled with my salary for what I do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hooper31 said:
That said, I have to disagree with the perks comment. I'm contracted to work about 182 days a year. That's 50% of the days in a year or about 16 weeks of vacation for the normal working stiff. Further, my salary used to be embarrassing, but that's changed in recent years. I'm making around $100K now. Yeah, I'm at the end of the pay scale, but I'm thrilled with my salary for what I do. 
In a fate of irony befitting my offspring, my oldest is a teacher now and almost through her first year. Her two biggest complaints are the money and her class :lmao: According to her peers, she has the roughest class in 2nd grade. Had a kid come at her and get suspended for almost nailing another kid with a lunchbox. 2nd grade...so cool.

PE!

Then anything science related. I was too cool for school and essentially never did busy work homework, so I set the top of the curve for the Chemistry final across 4 or so classes, and then failed the class because I did not do enough crosswords or whatever we did when the teacher had a hangover. 

Hooper31 said:
I can second this in terms of making a teacher's day. The times I've had alumni tell me they appreciated me as a teacher are special moments. 

So I'm guessing you don't coach.  If you did your days would look like this.  Get to school at 7:00 to plan for the day.  School starts at 8:25.  My planning periods are usually a meeting or planning for the next day, grading papers, etc.  After school practice at 4:00 until 6:30.  Game days can get over anywhere from 7:00 to 10:00 and then I get home.  During the fall with football we watch film with the boys at 8:00am, after getting home anywhere from 11:00 to 1:30 on a Friday night.  On Sunday we game plan from noon until between 4 and 6pm.

Summers- workouts 4 days a week from 6:45AM until noon.  If we are having a passing league game then we go until 2:00.

The week before school starts we have 2 a day practices.

I'm in the middle of baseball right now and we can play anywhere from 3 - 6 games in a week.

So, all that being said.  I don't have time to travel, I don't play video games, fantasy football, drink or have time to go out to movies, I don't watch realty television, gamble.  Sometimes I really question what most of you do for a living with all the time you have.  I also question why I'm on here at all because of the time I don't have.  Epiphany!!

All of this for an extra 10K/year.  I don't do it for the money, but I wouldn't do it for free.

So, perks are nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ours was called "Communism vs Democracy," somewhere around 1966. It was basically a current events course.

I liked history and English lit, too.
I really enjoyed AVC we had an excellent teacher which made all the difference.  He delved deeply into the history of communism.  Also the required reading was excellent Animal Farm, 1984,  and I think Alas Babylon.

Users who are viewing this thread