What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Robert Kraft (yes, THAT Robert Kraft) charged with soliciting prostitution (1 Viewer)

IvanKaramazov

Footballguy
This could go in the Shark Pool, but it also shows great FFA potential.

New England Patriots owner Robert Kraft, one of the most powerful men in American football, was charged today on two counts of soliciting prostitution in connection to a recent law enforcement bust on massage parlors in Florida that, according to law enforcement, were used for prostitution and human trafficking. The news comes a few weeks after the Patriots won their sixth Super Bowl and days after Kraft appeared at the NBA All-Star game.
Link

We have a massage parlor as a tenant and they have been accused of the same thing- sex trade. Just like this, Chinese immigrants. 

We want them out but nobody can prove it. I think there’s sex slaves in there. They have 2 years left on their lease. 

Yeah, ha ha, how humiliating for a billionaire that owns a sports team we all hate. I also see a bunch of guys in their 60s & 70s, even 80s, being held up for public ridicule because...why? Maybe sex work should be legal & adults can do what they want in private.

I like how they frame this as a "human trafficking" investigation to make it look like they're doing more than nabbing a bunch of old men for getting tugged

Yeah, ha ha, how humiliating for a billionaire that owns a sports team we all hate. I also see a bunch of guys in their 60s & 70s, even 80s, being held up for public ridicule because...why? Maybe sex work should be legal & adults can do what they want in private.

I like how they frame this as a "human trafficking" investigation to make it look like they're doing more than nabbing a bunch of old men for getting tugged
Please don't rain on our magnificent schadenfreude parade with your valid, reasonable argument. TIA.

Putting Kraft aside, this is a serious issue, as I’ve come to learn. It’s not funny at all. These girls are underage, drug addicted, sometimes forced to live at these parlors. It’s a terrible, awful thing. And in southern Cal these parlors are all over the place.  

It's legal in Australia and many other first world countries.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not his best (insert solicitation and/or arrest day)

He wasn’t “acting” again, right?

Last edited by a moderator:
Putting Kraft aside, this is a serious issue, as I’ve come to learn. It’s not funny at all. These girls are underage, drug addicted, sometimes forced to live at these parlors. It’s a terrible, awful thing. And in southern Cal these parlors are all over the place.  
Gross

Fair enough. But if it were legal, I bet there would be a lot less trafficking. Just like prohibition fuels an illegal economy in everything people are going to do no matter how many laws are against it.
I don’t disagree with you in principle. All I’m saying is that in this particular situation (certain Chinese massage parlors) there’s some really bad ugly #### going on. 

I don’t know. I think a lot of these girls are forced to do it. 
That's the point. Make it legal and have regulations. Hell they could even form a union then for better working conditions. That will make it harder for these trafficking parlors to exist. They'll have more than just police coming after them. They'll have the IRS wanting their cut.

That's the point. Make it legal and have regulations. Hell they could even form a union then for better working conditions. That will make it harder for these trafficking parlors to exist. They'll have more than just police coming after them. They'll have the IRS wanting their cut.
Sounds like an episode of The Deuce. 

Some retired 70-year-old guy who spends winters in Palm Beach picked the wrong day to get arrested. 
Before I return to the jokes and schadenfreude, I do think people who enable sex trafficking deserve some punishment. If you're paying an adult who clearly has free will and has chosen the profession, God bless you both IMO.  But the people who incentivize human trafficking by going to places that likely use victims of trafficking is a lot more problematic.

I tend to agree with the legalize it crowd...it's the worlds oldest profession and isn't going extinct anytime soon.

That being said, anybody with an ounce of morality has got to feel for the girls that are forced into it...that absolutely has to stop.

Do you have the reports/stats that show this? I have a hunch the sex trafficking angle is way overblown.
No. And I should. My opinion was formed by my personal experience and some conversations I’ve had with the local sheriffs department, along with some police friends of mine. They all regard it as a very serious problem. 

Do you have the reports/stats that show this? I have a hunch the sex trafficking angle is way overblown.
Obviously it's just the word of the cops so who knows, but this is from an MSNBC reporter:

Chris Jansing‏ @ChrisJansing

Patriots owner Robert Kraft being charged with soliciting prostitution related to what FL police say is a massage parlor where women - who were told they were coming to US for legit jobs - were in fact held as virtual prisoners/sex workers.

Fair enough. But if it were legal, I bet there would be a lot less trafficking. Just like prohibition fuels an illegal economy in everything people are going to do no matter how many laws are against it.
And if legal, the legit consensual sex workers would be more willing to come forward to law enforcement and share info about trafficking rings they’re aware of. Right now, they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.

It’s in Lakewood, Ca. I’d tell you to look for the strip center with the massage tenant, but honestly that would lead you to about a dozen different shopping centers or more. 
I’m guessing you had to personally perform spot inspections at said location.

Obviously it's just the word of the cops so who knows, but this is from an MSNBC reporter:

Chris Jansing‏ @ChrisJansing

Patriots owner Robert Kraft being charged with soliciting prostitution related to what FL police say is a massage parlor where women - who were told they were coming to US for legit jobs - were in fact held as virtual prisoners/sex workers.

If true, that's obviously horrible and nobody should defend it.

And if legal, the legit consensual sex workers would be more willing to come forward to law enforcement and share info about trafficking rings they’re aware of. Right now, they’re stuck between a rock and a hard place.
They’re most likely afraid of deportation as well. 

after seeing him wandering around with wild hair, coke eyes and that gold rope chain recently i knew he was either getting nabbed for a prostitution charge or OWI

Kraft just issued a statement denying involvement. 
I think the wording here is important.  They are not denying that he was at the establishment it appears.  Obviously the video will sort this out

========================================

Statement from a spokesperson for Patriots owner Robert Kraft:

“We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further.”

I think the wording here is important.  They are not denying that he was at the establishment it appears.  Obviously the video will sort this out

========================================

Statement from a spokesperson for Patriots owner Robert Kraft:

“We categorically deny that Mr. Kraft engaged in any illegal activity. Because it is a judicial matter, we will not be commenting further.”
IOW, "I didn't inhale."

Users who are viewing this thread