What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Assault at Berkeley (1 Viewer)

No excuse for violence.

Would also love to see the full exchanges and what all was said.

In addition, do we need threads in every incident now?

And finally, Turning Point USA has a history of controversy and is Charlie Kirks baby, no?

U.C. Berkeley police confirm they are investigating the incident and released a photo of the suspect, who they say may or may not be a student.

..."Let's be absolutely clear," said U.C. Berkeley Spokesman Dan Mogulof. "This University absolutely condemns violence and harassment no matter who the perpetrators are. No matter who the victims are. It's simply intolerable and has no place on this campus."
:shrug: Seems simple.

Regardless of political beliefs, some U.C. Berkeley students were troubled when they saw the video and by the fact that something like it happened at all on Sproul Plaza.

"Sproul Plaza is a very historic place," said student Xiao Ming. "This is where the Free Speech Movement originated and it's just so sad that such a thing could happen in this wonderful place."
:shrug:

that wasn't anything to do with the Berkeley assault

on the assault on the conservative .... if this was a MAGA hat wearer, it would be called a hate crime and looky how hateful and mean the MAGA hat, Trump supporters are 

truth is, its the left that are angry, hateful, mean, intolerant and unaccepting .... they can't even let a peaceful booth voice their opinions? unbelievable 

These are two white guys, right? We don’t know their religion. There isn’t a precinct in the country where that would be a hate crime.
people were calling hate crime/ race crime on Smollett's story ..... it shouldn't matter what you're color of skin or political belief if you're attacked and its hate that drove it, its a hate crime IMO

I just wish we'd be fair and equal that's all

people were calling hate crime/ race crime on Smollett's story ..... it shouldn't matter what you're color of skin or political belief if you're attacked and its hate that drove it, its a hate crime IMO

I just wish we'd be fair and equal that's all
The hate crime laws are based on race, religion and orientation, not political ideologies. Smollett alleged that he was attacked because of his race and orientation.

Last edited by a moderator:

on the assault on the conservative .... if this was a MAGA hat wearer, it would be called a hate crime and looky how hateful and mean the MAGA hat, Trump supporters are 

truth is, its the left that are angry, hateful, mean, intolerant and unaccepting .... they can't even let a peaceful booth voice their opinions? unbelievable 
No. The truth is this is the fringe on both sides.  The problem is these small % of the population dominate our news because this is what sells and get people clicking links.  

Humans sometime act like aholes, news at 11.

It's odd how this seems to only happen to poor MAGA lovers.  Never goes the other way so let's be outrage.

What a world we live in.

"Back in my day, we'd have knocked the crap out of them"

"Punch them right in the mouth"

"If they press charges, I'll pay your legal fees"

Hmm, can't imagine why we have the violent atmosphere we have today.  
If someone gets assaulted they have a right to punch them in the mouth, don't they?  Or is thing today to cry and say please don't do that?  Then go find their safe space.

If someone gets assaulted they have a right to punch them in the mouth, don't they?  Or is thing today to cry and say please don't do that?  Then go find their safe space.
Trump was talking about protesters. Not defending yourself against an assault. Hope this helps. 

No. The truth is this is the fringe on both sides.  The problem is these small % of the population dominate our news because this is what sells and get people clicking links.  
I think there is far more on the left right now than right -just the opposite of what the media would tell us to believe. 

maybe there are just way more fringe lefts then

Quite the tough guy too sucker punched that kid square and kid never left his feet :lol:
Is it really a sucker punch if you’ve been fighting long before the punch?

I’ll admit that he wasn’t ready for it, but he should have been. 

if you had to guess the number of assaults and calls for violence over the past 2 1/2 years .... are more coming from the left than right ? equal ?

I can think of far more coming from the left
No surprise judging by the sources you use for your links and info. 

Doesn’t DHS track this? They do.

I’m not sure if there is something like this for left wing extremism.

Is it really a sucker punch if you’ve been fighting long before the punch?

I’ll admit that he wasn’t ready for it, but he should have been. 
In a way you're right.  It was clear he was trying not to escalate it.  But you are right given that the guy had already attacked him, he should have been expecting another.  However, it was obvious he wasn't trying to fight and it very much was a sucker punch.  

This American Life did a story last year about the Turning Point USA organization.  They train young conservatives to bait and trigger people into fighting so they can use the viral video to play the victim and advance their cause.  I recommend checking out the prologue of this episode (11 min) for an understanding of their motives. 

This American Life 645 - "My Effing First Amendment"

Prologue: This extreme political moment is playing out on college campuses, places that are already at the extreme end of politics. Outside groups are getting involved, helping conservatives fight back against angry liberals on campus. Producer Zoe Chace tells Ira about a conference she went to, hosted by Turning Point USA, where students get trained on how to fight these battles. (11 minutes) 

Print Story about the University of Nebraska incident that is featured in the TAL story

This American Life did a story last year about the Turning Point USA organization.  They train young conservatives to bait and trigger people into fighting so they can use the viral video to play the victim and advance their cause.  I recommend checking out the prologue of this episode (11 min) for an understanding of their motives. 

This American Life 645 - "My Effing First Amendment"

Prologue: This extreme political moment is playing out on college campuses, places that are already at the extreme end of politics. Outside groups are getting involved, helping conservatives fight back against angry liberals on campus. Producer Zoe Chace tells Ira about a conference she went to, hosted by Turning Point USA, where students get trained on how to fight these battles. (11 minutes) 

Print Story about the University of Nebraska incident that is featured in the TAL story
Turning Point USA is definitely troll-y, which is obviously bad but doesn't justify violence.

Turning Point USA is definitely troll-y, which is obviously bad but doesn't justify violence.
Yeah...don’t get baited into what they want.  I mean easy to say as many of us give the attention to similar here.  But can’t resort to violence...hurts the legit causes.

Users who are viewing this thread