What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Step Brothers (Movie) (1 Viewer)

Great or Greatest?

• Great Movie

Votes: 54 77.1%
  • The Greatest Movie

Votes: 16 22.9%

• Total voters
At best it offers a couple chuckles. Beyond that it's pretty much stupid, obvious, not really funny and objectively terrible. It's studio execs saying "Let's make Will Ferrell a stupid overgrow man-baby, again, with a stupid overgrown man-baby side kick, again" Go figure you get a stupid movie.

Other than that, I love it.

At best it offers a couple chuckles. Beyond that it's pretty much stupid, obvious, not really funny and objectively terrible. It's studio execs saying "Let's make Will Ferrell a stupid overgrow man-baby, again, with a stupid overgrown man-baby side kick, again" Go figure you get a stupid movie.

That's how I felt about it the first time I saw it. The second time and every time I've watched since that I've found it very funny.

so far we have 14 saying great movie and 8 saying greatest, so ...

This is a thread of learned doctors.

Last edited by a moderator:
True story: I drove down with my gf (now wife) to meet her parents for the first time. I was nervous to meet them, as one is, wondering what kind of people they'd be, and how well we'd get along. The first night there, we decided to rent a movie and got Step Brothers. My wife had told me stories about having a pretty strict Christian upbringing, with youth groups and private schools.

We watch the movie, sharing a few uncomfortable laughs, and then the scene comes on when Will Ferrel teabags Jon C. Reilly's drum set. I am dying inside, but trying to stifle the urge to completely crack up, wondering if her parents are offended. I look over at my future FIL, and he gives me the same look, and we both just explode laughing. I knew he was ok after that. 

Shut your mouth. Just, just shut your mouth. 

True story: I drove down with my gf (now wife) to meet her parents for the first time. I was nervous to meet them, as one is, wondering what kind of people they'd be, and how well we'd get along. The first night there, we decided to rent a movie and got Step Brothers. My wife had told me stories about having a pretty strict Christian upbringing, with youth groups and private schools.

We watch the movie, sharing a few uncomfortable laughs, and then the scene comes on when Will Ferrel teabags Jon C. Reilly's drum set. I am dying inside, but trying to stifle the urge to completely crack up, wondering if her parents are offended. I look over at my future FIL, and he gives me the same look, and we both just explode laughing. I knew he was ok after that. 
My stepsister, already married and having already watched the movie previously, decided to rent this to watch with her inlaws of a similar bent. She said she dove across the coffee table, picking up a minor injury of some sort, to skip ahead when she realized that was coming.

Other Guys is the best Will Ferrell movie. Semi Pro was the most underrated.

ClownCausedChaos2 said:
Great?  Yes.  

Can it hold a candle to Tommy Boy or Dumb & Dumber?  Not in a million years.
I’m not sure any of the 3 films (including OP) would make my top 5 list of comedies, but the changing in the airplane bathroom scene in Tommy Boy legit gives me the belly laughs to this day and I’ve seen the movie a good 20+ times by now

Definitely one of my all time favorites.  

I was just out getting lunch this week with my family and I saw a guy wearing a Prestige Worldwide t-shirt and I quietly laughed to myself.  

Users who are viewing this thread