What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Last Chance U coach resigns (1 Viewer)

NewlyRetired

Footballguy
I know we have a thread on this show but neither the search engine nor google is giving me a link.  If anyone can find it, please bump the thread

================================

Independence Community College football coach Jason Brown, featured on Season 3 of the popular Netflix series "Last Chance U," resigned Sunday after allegedly telling a German player on the team, "I am your new Hitler."

Brown posted his resignation letter Sunday night on Twitter, writing "it would be nearly impossible to stay here." He referred to a story last week in the Montgomery County Chronicle, which reported a text message exchange between Brown and freshman player Alexandros Alexiou, who had posted the texts on social media.

Referring to disciplinary points that Alexiou had accrued for missteps, Brown allegedly wrote, "410pm on field u German f---. u have 17 points toward your 25 points ... u got an extra point for not hanging the lion poster as instructed I'm your new Hitler figure out your life."

Brown also threatened to take away Alexiou's scholarship during the Feb. 12 exchange.

ICC president Dan Barwick told KOAM television in a statement that the college did not condone Brown's language and was investigating. Barwick said he had addressed the incident with Brown, who "fully understands that his language was not appropriate."

Season 3 of "Last Chance U" profiled Brown and the Independence team during the 2017 season, his second as coach. The show also chronicled ICC's 2018 season and is set to air later this year.

In his resignation letter, Brown lists many accomplishments at the school, including the team's academic performance and getting the team on "Last Chance U."

He didn't directly apologize for the text messages, only writing that the Chronicle "has greatly diminished my ability to successfully do my job, and has set this program back significantly, and the cumulative effect of all these detrimental factors I believe clearly constitute a constructive discharge of my employment."

Couldn't happen to a better guy.

Wouldn't be at all shocked if this guy ends up killing someone(or getting killed himself if he picks the wrong opponent)  in a bar fight or something in the next 5 years.

Dude has SERIOUS mental problems

He essentially called the player a Nazi. Is that grounds for termination/resignation? Maybe, but the term Nazi gets thrown around a lot these days.

This resignation will make watching the next season of Last Chance U interesting since we can see if this latest incident was just the proverbial straw...

The Independence program he ran was so unprofessional compared to Buddy's East Mississippi. 

Any Juco selected after Seasons 1/2 would have looked like a high school varsity program. by comparison.

I don't love the guy but seems like your typical high school/juco football coach to me.  A lot of screaming, cussing and yelling.  Non story, imo.

being we cant find the thread...there is a new episode up, its a follow-up episode focusing on a few former players, that one player's legal issues and a bunch of Mrs Wagner

Users who are viewing this thread