What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Help me figure out the name of a short story. (1 Viewer)

Buckychudd

Footballguy
It was a Sci Fi Short Story about aliens inhabiting dog's bodies.

I remember reading this in the mid to early 80s in an English class assortment of short stories.

The plot was that the home world of a super intelligent alien race was dying. They found earth and projected their minds into the bodies of dogs. They were expecting to be able to immediately convince humans that they were intelligent aliens but the humans just continued to treat them like dogs. Eventually they started having puppies and became relatively content to be the sidekicks of an inferior race.

Ring any bells?

what was the name of that 80s movie where some guy turned into a dog.. i think George Burns might have been involved

I always suspected that Scooby Doo was an alien.    Scrappy Doo is Satan though -- I hated that character with a passion

what was the name of that 80s movie where some guy turned into a dog.. i think George Burns might have been involved
The Shaggy Dog (1959) - starring Fred MacMurry and Tommy Kirk
The Shaggy Dog (1994 TV remake) - starring Ed Begley Jr.
The Shaggy Dog (2006) - starring Tim Allen
Dog Trouble! (1984) - children's TV movie starring a bunch of nobodies
Dad's A Dog (1989) - TV movie about a guy who works on a TV show about a man who was reincarnated as a dog
Fluke (1995) - story of a man who was reincarnated as a dog (voiced by Matthew Modine)
Dogmatic (1999) - Disney TV movie starring Eugene Levy and the guy who played Joe Isuzu
Quigley (2003) - starring Gary Busey
The Dogfather (2010) - starring Chris Parnell

None involve George Burns as far as I can tell.

The Shaggy Dog (1959) - starring Fred MacMurry and Tommy Kirk
The Shaggy Dog (1994 TV remake) - starring Ed Begley Jr.
The Shaggy Dog (2006) - starring Tim Allen
Dog Trouble! (1984) - children's TV movie starring a bunch of nobodies
Dad's A Dog (1989) - TV movie about a guy who works on a TV show about a man who was reincarnated as a dog
Fluke (1995) - story of a man who was reincarnated as a dog (voiced by Matthew Modine)
Dogmatic (1999) - Disney TV movie starring Eugene Levy and the guy who played Joe Isuzu
Quigley (2003) - starring Gary Busey
The Dogfather (2010) - starring Chris Parnell

None involve George Burns as far as I can tell.
none of these 

it would have been around 1980 or so

Users who are viewing this thread