What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dynasty: Jalin Moore - RB App State Sleeper (1 Viewer)

Zyphros

Footballguy
Well to continue with my love for products of the Carolina's this year, here's another.  

A RB who was a team captain, but got hurt in 2018 with a fractured and dislocated ankle.  

As a freshman he earned playing time with 99 carries and 731 yards and 7.4 YPC, and as a sophomore he broke out with 1402 yards and 5.9 yards

Listed at 5'11" 190 but if he can add some bulk and maintain speed he'll be impressive.  The best part about him is his quickness and his shake with his wide base, he's exactly who just popped into your brain after reading that - LeSean McCoy.  

Draft profile from DraftBible - http://nfldraftbible.com/2019-nfl-draft-scouting-report-jalin-moore-rb-appalachian-state-2019/

Invited to combine and I'm just hoping he participates because he's apparently been clocked at 4.37 before.  At 190 pounds maybe not as impressive but if he adds that weight and does that?  Look out.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but I saw he measured in at 5'10" 212.  Overall that would be very solid for him I think and if he can prove the same amount of quickness and speed at that weight, look out.    

Appalachian State RB Jalin Moore (ankle) measured in at 5-foot-10, 212 pounds at the NFL Scouting Combine.

Not immediately clear, whether Moore will actually be able to participate in testing. He sustained a gruesome fractured, dislocated ankle after being caught from behind on a run against Arkansas State back in mid-October and subsequently underwent surgery to repair that severe injury concern. In the interim, he has already been forced to miss the Senior Bowl due to his ongoing recovery. We would love to see Moore back running in Indianapolis and will pass along word once some level of clarity is reached as to his current health. Even if he is still not quite right as rain, it's possible that he could take part in limited testing, plus medical checks and interviews. Or just medical checks and interviews, while biding for a little more time with his pro day.

SOURCE: Charles Robinson on Twitter

Feb 27, 2019, 6:41 PM

Our boy is already lighting it up some. Weighed in at much bigger than expected 212lbs and now did a monsterous 27 reps on the bench. He runs a 4.4 and has a suitable 3-cone it’s going to be a sky rocket.

Rotoworld take:

Appalachian State RB Jalin Moore (ankle) recorded an unofficial 27 reps on the bench press at the NFL Scouting Combine.

We'll have to wait and see whether Moore is healthy enough to take part in the rest of the testing ringer -- he missed the Senior Bowl while rehabbing from a fractured and dislocated ankle sustained back in October -- but even if he can't give it a full go, nice to see him give the NFL a little taste of his big boy strength on the bench. He measured into the combine at 5-foot-10, 212 pounds. At this juncture, Draft Analyst's Tony Pauline hits Moore up with a Round 6 grade.

SOURCE: Dane Brugler on Twitter

Feb 28, 2019, 3:08 PM

Our boy is already lighting it up some. Weighed in at much bigger than expected 212lbs and now did a monsterous 27 reps on the bench. He runs a 4.4 and has a suitable 3-cone it’s going to be a sky rocket.
I'm wanting to compare his 3-cone with David Montgomery.  If he runs I think he could rival that type of quickness.  But if he adds a sub 4.5, man am I interested even more.

I have 3 favorite RB's this year and thankfully they all got combine invites.  Jalin Moore being of them.  I have 5 favorite WR's and 2 of them didn't, while the other 3 are pretty much all top tier.  This combine is so exciting for me this year.  

I'm wanting to compare his 3-cone with David Montgomery.  If he runs I think he could rival that type of quickness.  But if he adds a sub 4.5, man am I interested even more.

I have 3 favorite RB's this year and thankfully they all got combine invites.  Jalin Moore being of them.  I have 5 favorite WR's and 2 of them didn't, while the other 3 are pretty much all top tier.  This combine is so exciting for me this year.  
I only learned today of his injury. I hope he is able to run. I won’t harshly judge him if he can keep it under 4.6. Honestly though, I’m of the opinion that if you’re hurt you should not do the combine drills. 

Chris Warren out of Furman.

Stump Mitchell The Citadel

Chris Ivory  Tiffin

Fred Jackson Coe

Tons of stud RB's out of those HBCU schools.

I expect to see somebody show up from these small schools.

Bleacher Report's Matt Miller called Appalachian State RB Jalin Moore a "hard outside zone runner."

Like Miller mentions, Moore (5'10/212) would be an ideal fit with the Kansas City Chiefs or Chicago Bears -- two teams that will assuredly add competition either via free agency or during the 2019 NFL Draft -- but Moore is only being viewed as a Day 3 prospect due to his older age, low-end receiving production, and his recent injury. Moore was held out of the NFL Scouting Combine because he hasn't fully recovered from his fractured and dislocated ankle, but he should be healthy ahead of the 2019 NFL season.

SOURCE: Matt Miller on Twitter

Mar 8, 2019, 6:31 PM

Bump with the Le'Veon Bell trade rumors.  Either way Moore is a stash and hope guy, more likely for next year.  

Doesn't appear to be on the active roster right now either, but I can't find any info on that after a quick search. 

I had to dig in to this after missing all 2019 draft discussion and seeing Zyphros mention Moore in the offseason stashes thread.  

Just FYI, Jalin Moore spent the 2019 season on the Jets Reserve/NFI list. 

I don't have a strong opinion but taking a flier on him this offseason

Users who are viewing this thread