What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Maryland Assemblywoman gets drunk, uses N word, apologizes, compares it to F word and taking Lord’s name in vain, says everyone has said it (1 Viewer)

Henry Ford

Footballguy
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/mary-ann-lisanti-racial-slur-apology_n_5c757bd4e4b03a10c232b9c5

Del. Mary Ann Lisanti (D-Harford), who is white, allegedly told a white colleague late last month at an Annapolis cigar bar that campaigning in Prince George’s County on behalf of another candidate amounted to door-knocking in a “n***** district,” reported The Washington Post.

[...]

“I understand that the use of inappropriate and insensitive language is not acceptable under any circumstance,” she wrote in her statement. “I am sorry for the hurt I have caused and will do everything I can to help heal that pain and regain the trust of my colleagues and constituents. I pray for forgiveness.”

The Post questioned Lisanti earlier this month about whether she used the slur, but she claimed she couldn’t “recall much of that evening.” Asked if she believes she’s ever used the word, Lisanti said she was “sure” she had.

“I’m sure everyone has used it,” she told the Post. “I’ve used the f-word. I used the Lord’s name in vain.”

:mellow:

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a big difference, IMO, between "have said it" and "have used it". I think a lot of people have "said it" when singing along with a song, or repeating a movie line, or having a discussion about the word itself. I'd say far fewer people have "used" the word. Mary Ann "used" the word. Referring to an area as a "****** district" is the type of use that many, many people have not done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread