What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Joker (w/ Joaquin Phoenix) (2 Viewers)

That actually looked interesting and a decent concept  

But i still don’t get it. Nolan and Ledger knocked this character out of the park. Ledger was perfect. Why does anybody think his character can be redone/topped? Just leave it be. 

But i still don’t get it. Nolan and Ledger knocked this character out of the park. Ledger was perfect. Why does anybody think his character can be redone/topped? Just leave it be. 
You misspelled Jack Nicholson

I guess they have decided they just can't keep making Batman and Spiderman movies over and over again.

Sure didn’t. 

Nicholson joker = Howe. 

Ledger joker = Gretzky. 
Fair argument but wrong. Ledger was ok but Batman Begins is the best of the trilogy. Agree to disagree so as to not clog up this thread which is about the new movie. Sorry to everyone else.

I'm intrigued. But DC hasn't shown to be too reliable. If they're switching gears in their philosophy here, I'm a little excited. 

Ledger was the definitive Joker, end of story. He obviously used Killing Joke as a the main character study, and rightfully so.  

DC is awful and they will forever be the Go-Bots, or generic Cereal O’s to everything Marvel has been doing. 

I mean Jesus how do you screw up a movie with Batman and Superman together in it that badly. 

This looks horrible. Absolutely horrible. 

Ledger was The Joker in my opinion. At the very least, saying he was overrated is ridiculous.
I didn't see the movie when it first came out. I bought the trilogy and ran through them one weekend a year or two ago. Maybe I went in with high expectations given all the hype but I didn't think his Joker was as amazing as people had made it out to be.

I also didn't think Christian Bale was that great as Batman so take my takes as you will.

Last edited by a moderator:
DC is awful and they will forever be the Go-Bots, or generic Cereal O’s to everything Marvel has been doing. 

I mean Jesus how do you screw up a movie with Batman and Superman together in it that badly. 
Poor executive decisions. Putting Zach Snyder in charge of direction. Consistently choosing short term monetary gain over a long term plan for story telling. The list goes on but basically, DC/WB saw the success Disney and Marvel were having and wanted that cash too.

They didn't bother to pay attention to how Marvel did that (hiring comic veterans for consulting and storyboarding, getting directors and writers who were fans of the comics to write a script that stayed true to the source material, hiring actors and actresses that bought in and understood the long term vision of the story). They just assumed a ton of comic book movies about the characters they own is the way to go. Doesn't matter who you get to work on them. Doesn't matter having an overarching long term plan for them. Doesn't matter what storylines you use. Cram them all in there. People are dumb they won't notice. Just start throwing stuff out there and get that sweet sweet cash. 

That's worked out well so far for DC/WB.

Dc doesn’t care about topping anything. They want to make money. 

This reminds me of how I felt when I saw the trailer for The Dark Knight.  

Put me down as "Very Interested!"

THEY SHOULD MAKE ANOTHER SPIDERMAN MOVIE

WE'VE ONLY HAD LIKE 9 OF THEM IN THE LAST 16 YEARS
Well, if we said to stop after the Amazing Spidermans, then we wouldn't have had Homecoming and that was one of the better superhero movies I seen in quite awhile.  :shrug:

ETA:  That said, I thought the trailer was just meh, and I love me some Joaquin.

Last edited by a moderator:
The trailer music, specifically Welcome To The Jungle, is lame. Nothing like 80s hair metal to supe up your 2019 trailer. 

Well, if we said to stop after the Amazing Spidermans, then we wouldn't have had Homecoming and that was one of the better superhero movies I seen in quite awhile.  :shrug:

ETA:  That said, I thought the trailer was just meh, and I love me some Joaquin.
I know what you're saying but WTF?

2002-2007:  3 with Toby Maguire

2012-2014: 2  with Andrew Garfunkel 

2016-2019:  4 with some Dutch kid

Throw in that Spiderverse thing for kicks.  

10 GD Spiderman movies in 17 years.  Really?

What's the pitch for this like?

Producer:  I've got it.  We remake Spiderman!

Exec: Uh, didn't we just do that?  

Producer:  Yeah, but get this:  Peter Parker is a goofy high school kid that gets bit by a radioactive spider and he gets all these cool powers!

Exec:  Yeeeahhhh, OK.  So what's going to be different from the previous ones?

Producer:  It's going to be a different actor.  Duh.

I never understood why people get mad at certain films being made.  You guys know you don't have to go see them, right?  
It does become a problem though. People go see these, studios make money, studios make the same garbage.  Rinse and repeat and you never get anything original anymore. 

The original stuff now goes straight to Netflix. 

Honestly the best writers have been on TV for years now because studios keep pumping out the same garbage. 

I know what you're saying but WTF?

2002-2007:  3 with Toby Maguire

2012-2014: 2  with Andrew Garfunkel 

2016-2019:  4 with some Dutch kid

Throw in that Spiderverse thing for kicks.  

10 GD Spiderman movies in 17 years.  Really?

What's the pitch for this like?

Producer:  I've got it.  We remake Spiderman!

Exec: Uh, didn't we just do that?  

Producer:  Yeah, but get this:  Peter Parker is a goofy high school kid that gets bit by a radioactive spider and he gets all these cool powers!

Exec:  Yeeeahhhh, OK.  So what's going to be different from the previous ones?

Producer:  It's going to be a different actor.  Duh.
I actually agree with you here. 

It does become a problem though. People go see these, studios make money, studios make the same garbage.  Rinse and repeat and you never get anything original anymore. 

The original stuff now goes straight to Netflix. 

Honestly the best writers have been on TV for years now because studios keep pumping out the same garbage. 
Good films will still get made.  Honestly, I think it weeds out more of the indie crap films.  I'll trade Batman 12 for Swiss Army Man any day of the week.

I never understood why people get mad at certain films being made.  You guys know you don't have to go see them, right?  
Because there are countless quality stories out there that should be made into films.  But because people will flock to see anything with "Marvel" stamped on it they will never get made.  

Because there are countless quality stories out there that should be made into films.  But because people will flock to see anything with "Marvel" stamped on it they will never get made.  
That's not true.  No blockbuster film is keeping any other film from being made.  Movie studios need tent pole films to fund the smaller films.  Without big films, little films don't get made.

That's not true.  No blockbuster film is keeping any other film from being made.  Movie studios need tent pole films to fund the smaller films.  Without big films, little films don't get made.
Good point.  But do the blockbusters have to be comic book movies?  

Users who are viewing this thread