What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rye, NY (1 Viewer)

SofaKings

Footballguy
Flying into Westchester on Friday with my wife and daughter for the weekend.  Wife and daughter are looking for a waterside dining option locally without going into the city.  First time to area.  Staying in White Plains and have a rental car.  Worthwhile to travel to CIA for dinner or lunch?

Flying into Westchester on Friday with my wife and daughter for the weekend.  Wife and daughter are looking for a waterside dining option locally without going into the city.  First time to area.  Staying in White Plains and have a rental car.  Worthwhile to travel to CIA for dinner or lunch?
Check out City Island. I haven't been there in many years but it's a cool area with a lot of seaside restaurants.

Check out City Island. I haven't been there in many years but it's a cool area with a lot of seaside restaurants.
If looking for a waterfront experience City Island is a pretty good suggestion. A bit far from Rye but when I think of Rye I don't really think about waterfront dinning.  

Where are you staying exactly.  

Last edited by a moderator:
If looking for a waterfront experience City Island is a pretty good suggestion. A bit far from Rye but when I think of Rye I don't really think about waterfront dinning.  

Hyatt House, White Plains

:lol:

Thought the same thing. 

Went to a good tapas spot when visiting friends in Larchmont which is close by, Madison Kitchen. 

I've got nothing for you when it comes to water views here though, but I'm sure you can find something in the area. Your best bet might be heading NE to Greenwich.

Doesn't have to be right on waterfront.
There is a good fancy french place in Rye but the life of me I can't remember the name.  Haven't been there is a long time but has always been top notch.  It might not be what you are looking for though.  

If you like hot dogs.  Go to Walters in Larchmont (don't go to White Plains location as it is just not the same).  Note there is no inside seating.  https://www.eater.com/2016/9/7/12836288/westchester-county-walters-hot-dog-meat-show

i worked in white plains 10 years and used to frequent the CIA, which is awesome, but quite a trek from you.  i suggest city limits diner in wp and the boathouse in ossining, which is on the water.

The Hyatt House is in a very isolated area off of 287 (Cross Westchester Expressway)....There use to be about 6 10 story corporate buildings that were just demolished to make way for the new Wegmans opening in April of 2020.

Your basically 10 minute from downtown White Plains, 10 minutes from Rye, or 20 minutes from Stamford Ct...all have numerous dining options...Tarrytown is also a option for Water dining.....(Harvest on Hudson will get you on the water in Hastings also)

But, if you want to make a once in a lifetime dining experience try Blue Hill at Stone Barns. ( Approximately 15 miles from the Hyatt)

Good Luck

jimmy b said:
The Hyatt House is in a very isolated area off of 287 (Cross Westchester Expressway)....There use to be about 6 10 story corporate buildings that were just demolished to make way for the new Wegmans opening in April of 2020.

Your basically 10 minute from downtown White Plains, 10 minutes from Rye, or 20 minutes from Stamford Ct...all have numerous dining options...Tarrytown is also a option for Water dining.....(Harvest on Hudson will get you on the water in Hastings also)

But, if you want to make a once in a lifetime dining experience try Blue Hill at Stone Barns. ( Approximately 15 miles from the Hyatt)

Good Luck
That's a great posting. I've only eaten at their city spot which is amazing.

Iirc you can get a tour of the farm...kids might enjoy it. I've always wanted to do both.

Also....the op is taking a flying in family vacation...to Rye? :confused:

Iirc you can get a tour of the farm...kids might enjoy it. I've always wanted to do both.

Rye not?

jimmy b said:

Good Luck

Good recommendation. 6-7 years ago I was at a corporate offsite, we stayed at the Tarrytown Houses (or something like that) by the TZB. They took us to the Stone Barn place, amazing experience. That would be my recommendation if you want a special meal. A reservation is probably needed a decent amount of time in advance.

Also, I assume you’re visiting family or friends? Not flying to Rye for the season opening of Rye Playland, I’d recommend against that.

Bat Mitzvah for my wife's post college roommates son.  

Bat Mitzvah for my wife's post college roommates son.  
Just FYI, Bat is for a girl, Bar is for a boy. 

I've gotten much better about picking and choosing my battles over the years with my wife, and if an old roommates child was having a party that involved a flight and hotel, I'm sending a check and fighting that battle with my wife, unless there was an accompanying worthwhile vacation attached to the trip.

Just FYI, Bat is for a girl, Bar is for a boy. 

I've gotten much better about picking and choosing my battles over the years with my wife, and if an old roommates child was having a party that involved a flight and hotel, I'm sending a check and fighting that battle with my wife, unless there was an accompanying worthwhile vacation attached to the trip.
Yes I know the diff since my wife is jewish.  I fumbled.  Actually not even sure if it is a boy or a girl.  I actually encouraged my wife to go as I wanted the day off from school!  

Boathouse in Ossining was not open.  They were planning on it but pushed it out a weekend.  Went to Westerly Bar and Grill just down the street.  A bit slow for a late lunch in early March but I pretty cool view of river for spring summer fall. Had pizza at Fortina in Rye Brook.  It was fine.  Service was a bit off but food was good.  Rye Ridge deli next door had decent selection of sandwiches but pretty expensive for what you receive.  Cheesecake was solid.  

Boathouse in Ossining was not open.  They were planning on it but pushed it out a weekend.  Went to Westerly Bar and Grill just down the street.  A bit slow for a late lunch in early March but I pretty cool view of river for spring summer fall. Had pizza at Fortina in Rye Brook.  It was fine.  Service was a bit off but food was good.  Rye Ridge deli next door had decent selection of sandwiches but pretty expensive for what you receive.  Cheesecake was solid.  
mazel tov!

Users who are viewing this thread