Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Zyphros

Dynasty: Miles Sanders - Eagles

On 10/21/2019 at 6:15 PM, cloppbeast said:

Anybody seen any dynasty trades involving Sanders recently?

Fournette, DJ Moore / Sanders, John Ross

Yes, I know smh. lol

Edited by Brandon Will

3 hours ago, Brandon Will said:

Fournette, DJ Moore / Sanders, John Ross

Yes, I know smh. lol

He has more value than I thought. Lol 

He's basically established a floor so far this year.  Most of us didn't expect instant production, and expected 2nd half of the season where he begins to eat into a more dominant workload.  We're seeing glimpses of that now, and at worst he can be considered a backup that has a pass catching role and plenty of upside if he gets more work.  No reason to doubt his ability to handle it.  

• Like 1

He will be a very solid RB in 2020. He is starting to really settle in. That TD run was sick. Yes...no one touched him as he weaved through a nice hole....but he is getting the hang of the offense and the scheme. I love what I have seen. He is a burner with great hands and has what it takes.

• Like 1

I think once he adjusts to running inside the tackles/hitting the holes harder, he’ll be a well rounded threat. He was probably a bit spoiled running behind the Penn State OL against inferior Big Ten opponents. rather than NFL defenses.

Edited by zamboni
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Zyphros said:

He's basically established a floor so far this year.  Most of us didn't expect instant production, and expected 2nd half of the season where he begins to eat into a more dominant workload.  We're seeing glimpses of that now, and at worst he can be considered a backup that has a pass catching role and plenty of upside if he gets more work.  No reason to doubt his ability to handle it.  

Yeah...but a risk with Howard producing so well thus far.  Though, flex worthy many weeks because of the big play ability and receptions.

Injuries aside, moving forward it appears J Howard > M Sanders more fantasy production ROS? Which, isn't too bad when both produce. The run sure opened eyes though 😲. And I will be watching Sanders shoulder injury status. Bears have been gashed by RB's so there is a chink in their defensive dominance.

Christian McCaffrey had some real difficulty running the ball early during his rookie season as well.  Not saying Miles Sanders will be the next CMC but Sanders has good measurables, is already great in pass protection, and can catch the ball.  Add in a better than average offense/play-caller/QB and the upside is undeniable.

• Like 1

Miles Sanders (shoulder) is not practicing Wednesday.

Sanders exited in the second half of Week 8 against the Bills after piling up 118 yards and a touchdown on six touches. The injury is believed to be minor, but we need to see Sanders out there Thursday if he's going to play Sunday against the Bears.

Oct 30, 2019, 1:10 PM ET

I'm considering trading M. Mack for Sanders ( dynasty league). Mack is good and all, but Sanders is a legit homerun threat has mad skills. I think we're just scratching the surface with his ability, whereas Mack is what he is and not much more. I'm betting that Sanders vastly outproduces Mack in 2020, as well as much of the RB field in general.

3 hours ago, Tanner9919 said:

I'm considering trading M. Mack for Sanders ( dynasty league). Mack is good and all, but Sanders is a legit homerun threat has mad skills. I think we're just scratching the surface with his ability, whereas Mack is what he is and not much more. I'm betting that Sanders vastly outproduces Mack in 2020, as well as much of the RB field in general.

I'd whipsnap the accept button on that (dynasty) if I was getting Sanders and giving Mack.

• Like 1

Have an offer for him now giving up Gurley...keeper league.  Seriously considering given Gurley's health and usage.

29 minutes ago, SanDawg said:

Have an offer for him now giving up Gurley...keeper league.  Seriously considering given Gurley's health and usage.

Depending on your keeper conditions that seems reasonable. How long can you keep Sanders/Gurley, and do you give up any rounds or anything?

9 minutes ago, huthut said:

Depending on your keeper conditions that seems reasonable. How long can you keep Sanders/Gurley, and do you give up any rounds or anything?

4 man, keep as long as you want, giving up a late rd pick as well.  Not worried about the pick I would give up, 6th, which is really a 10th.  I just question, like the rest of us, does Gurley come back healthy next year or at any point in his career now.

Practiced in full today...

May have to flex him...especially since im passing on playing Breida tonight.

Rotoworld:

Miles Sanders (shoulder) was officially "full" in Thursday's practice.

Jordan Howard's change-of-pace back will be ready to rock against the Bears. Sanders is coming off his most productive game, but Howard has such a stranglehold on early-down duties that Sanders remains a disappointingly-volatile RB3/FLEX.

Oct 31, 2019, 4:24 PM ET

19 hours ago, Phantom Knight said:

I'd whipsnap the accept button on that (dynasty) if I was getting Sanders and giving Mack.

thanks! yeah I'm going to do it, 10 team PPR league, and the guy is throwing in his 2020 2nd round pick along with Sanders.

Edited by Tanner9919

52 minutes ago, DirtyCashDylan said:

I'm thinking about buying in redraft. I think he'll get more work the 2nd half of the season.

It's certainly possible but he's trending in the opposite direction.  His carries have been shrinking, and last week he saw his smallest snap% of the season.

4 minutes ago, Tanner9919 said:

thanks! yeah I'm going to do it, 10 team PPR league, and the guy is throwing in his 2020 2nd round pick along with Sanders.

I think it's a good trade but Mack is still really young and it is obviously a gamble on his future based on what we've seen so far.  I really like Mack's volume right now and obviously expect Sanders volume to go up over the next bunch of years since this is a dynasty.  Sanders should be more involved with the passing game and probably won't be as game dependent as Mack. 

37 minutes ago, davearm said:

It's certainly possible but he's trending in the opposite direction.  His carries have been shrinking, and last week he saw his smallest snap% of the season.

good info thanks, his snap % was the smallest of the year and his next 3 weeks are Chi Bye NE but his playoff schedule is pretty decent NYG WAS DAL. Hoping they give him more work by then. 

8 hours ago, davearm said:

his snap % was low because he hurt his shoulder and left the game.  

• Like 2

Fantasy fallout: Signs of life for David Montgomery, rookie RBs

Excerpt:

Sanders: Another big play waiting to happen, Sanders is in a similar boat to Singletary, splitting time with veteran Jordan Howard. Sanders, a second-round pick from Penn State, averages 6.7 yards per touch, which also ranks among the league leaders. But he is averaging just 11 touches per game.

Tim McManus said, however, that “it would be no surprise if Sanders begins to be featured more” after his season-long 65-yard touchdown run this past Sunday. Sanders left that game early with a shoulder injury but was back practicing fully Thursday.

“The coaching staff is seeing improvement from Sanders as a runner,” McManus said. “He’s sticking a foot in the ground and heading north more as opposed to earlier in the year, when he was less decisive and bouncing runs outside too often. He’s developed into a big-play threat both in the run and pass game, which will likely lead to several fantasy paydays in the second half of the season and an uptick in snaps.”

McManus did note, however, that Howard will continue to have a significant role. He also has been effective this season, and “the Eagles like his physical, forward-falling running style.”

Miles Sanders rushed 10 times for 42 yards, tacking on three catches for 31 yards in Philadelphia's Week 9 win over the Bears.

His most noteworthy play came on a chain-moving 15-yard gain with only four minutes remaining as he beat a linebacker one-on-one following a catch in the flats. Sanders' 13 touches were encouraging considering Darren Sproles (2/7) made his return for the first time since Week 5. As long as he's continuously being used on passing downs ahead of Sproles, the rookie garners FLEX consideration weekly. Unfortunately, his Week 11 matchup against the Patriots will likely keep him glued to most fantasy benches in Philadelphia's next contest.

Nov 3, 2019, 5:57 PM ET

Miles Sanders on a bye, but there is still trading strategy that could involve him.

I'm seeing him share the back field with Howard as a RB 3 perhaps a Flex fill in ROS. Is anyone seeing anymore upside then this with all things being the same as currently is? 

I may try to trade a J Williams type to avoid a week 11 bye week nightmare with Sea and GB on a bye with short benches. I actually see these two backs being pretty close ranking wise.

1 hour ago, Team Smokin' said:

Miles Sanders on a bye, but there is still trading strategy that could involve him.

I'm seeing him share the back field with Howard as a RB 3 perhaps a Flex fill in ROS. Is anyone seeing anymore upside then this with all things being the same as currently is? 

I may try to trade a J Williams type to avoid a week 11 bye week nightmare with Sea and GB on a bye with short benches. I actually see these two backs being pretty close ranking wise.

Close in redraft maybe. Not remotely close in dynasty.

Sanders will continue to see 12-15 touches most weeks. The Eagles schedule gets pretty easy after New England, and it's not hard seeing a scenario where he has a random game or two where that 12-15 turns into 20.

• Like 2

Had him earlier in the year but dropped him.  Now I have some RB question marks and staring at his name on the wire.  I've actually seen him ranked as high as top 15 this week.  Seems some think he's going to keep progressing out of his bye.  I just don't know...

1 hour ago, C-Bound said:

Had him earlier in the year but dropped him.  Now I have some RB question marks and staring at his name on the wire.  I've actually seen him ranked as high as top 15 this week.  Seems some think he's going to keep progressing out of his bye.  I just don't know...

If it helps, I dropped him a couple of weeks ago and he was scooped immediately.   I wish I had him back.   If you can squeeze him onto your roster, do it.

• Like 2

Sanders seems ranked pretty high this week by FBG, especially against NE def. Garbage time? What's the homer thoughts this week? I've got him or Gurley and not too confident with either of them, plus the signing of Ajayi.

NE rush defense ain't great and he might be getting 3 down work. Thinking about him over Gallup and Scary Terry. 

Edited by oddsbodkins

If Howard is out, I’m starting him in a PPR league. I think Howard plays, which makes all of below null (although in the blowout scenario, he still has value receiving).

Situation dependent, but here’s my logic:

I’m in 2nd, playing the 1st place team. Had Chubb who put up 9.2 points on 27 touches, pretty horrible. 

A TD would be great this week, but I don’t see it. 2 things happen this week, in the order that I find more likely:

1) NE off the bye destroys Philly. Check down city, 7-8 catches/60 yards, plus another 30-40 rushing; 16-18 points... If he finds the end zone, 22-24.

2) Close game, slightly more rushing yards, 50-60, slightly less receiving, 5-40.

3) if somehow, the Birds are dominating, that’s best case here, but I see it as highly unlikely.

I’m debating him over Allen Robinson (Jalen Ramsey, Mitch Trubisky), Dede Westbrook (like him with Foles, but hard to trust any of it), and Damien Williams (Reid). 

8 hours ago, mizeners said:

Sanders seems ranked pretty high this week by FBG, especially against NE def. Garbage time? What's the homer thoughts this week? I've got him or Gurley and not too confident with either of them, plus the signing of Ajayi.

Sanders is going to get a lot of touches this week.  RB2 easily.  

• Like 3

Couldn’t be a worse matchup, but a big opportunity for the kid today. Not sure what Ajayi has left other than fresh legs and a chip on his shoulder.

According to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport, Miles Sanders is expected to see "far more" carries than Jay Ajayi in Sunday's Week 11 matchup against New England.

Sanders has largely been confined to passing downs this season but Ajayi was never expected to see workhorse usage, particularly on short notice after signing with the Eagles Friday. With Jordan Howard (stinger) and Darren Sproles (hip) both shelved, the Eagles are down to Sanders, Boston Scott and Ajayi as their long healthy running backs. As sure-handed as they come—his 305 receiving yards are the most among rookie running backs—Sanders could see heavy volume as a pass-catcher with the Eagles entering Sunday as 4.5-point home underdogs.

RELATED: 

Jay Ajayi

SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter

Nov 17, 2019, 10:35 AM ET

Curious as to where people rank him and or who you're starting him over?

I've got both he and Ekeler in several leagues where I'm down to one of them for a flex.  I've got one league where it's he or Mixon for my flex spot.  

1 minute ago, jm192 said:

Curious as to where people rank him and or who you're starting him over?

I'I've got both he and Ekeler in several leagues where I'm down to one of them for a flex.  I've got one league where it's he or Mixon for my flex spot.  

Just put him in for Michel in one league (standard) and I'm thinking about flexing him for Woods (.5 ppr) in another.

• Thanks 1

Need to play 3 of 4 in a PPR game, where I rank him:

Damien Williams

Sanders

Dede W.

Allen Robinson

Had him out under Robinson; bumping him above Dede after Howard is out... 

39 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Need to play 3 of 4 in a PPR game, where I rank him:

Damien Williams

Sanders

Dede W.

Allen Robinson

Had him out under Robinson; bumping him above Dede after Howard is out... 

Id play Sanders...I think he should be a solid play even with the tough matchup because of his ability out of the backfield.

Miles Sanders is very good.  He looks great in the starting role.  Much better for the offense than Howard.  Howard is really good at what he does, but Sanders can do it all.

Miles Sanders tacked on 11 carries for 38 yards along with two catches for nine yards on four targets Sunday in the Eagles’ Week 11 loss to New England.

Sanders was used extensively in Jordan Howard's absence, seeing an exhausting 61 snaps (84.7-percent snap rate) while leading the backfield with 13 touches. Unfortunately he wasn't very effective, averaging a sluggish 3.5 yards per carry on the ground with a long gain of only seven yards. The Patriots never go quietly—this may be the best defense they've fielded in the Brady/Belichick Era—and on Sunday, they were Sanders' Kryptonite. We'll see if Sanders, who leads all rookie running backs in receiving yards with 314, can bounce back next week against Seattle.

Nov 17, 2019, 8:12 PM ET

Matchup sucked but the use seemed odd too.  But that is a dud of a game.

I truly don't understand what happened... Guy was on the field for the overwhelming majority of the snaps, he's an extremely talented receiver, and he has 2 catches on minimal targets... WTF? 

I only watched the first half, but is there anyone out there that will admit Wentz is overrated? 

1 minute ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I only watched the first half, but is there anyone out there that will admit Wentz is overrated? 

Yes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I truly don't understand what happened... Guy was on the field for the overwhelming majority of the snaps, he's an extremely talented receiver, and he has 2 catches on minimal targets... WTF? 

The wind was a factor in the down field passing game and the Cowboys did not appear to be taking away the dump off to the RB.  ??  Wentz just didn't get the ball to Sanders for whatever reason. 

Numerous times it seemed like an easy 5 yards was available, with much more possible based on Sanders ability to make the first defender miss.  It was baffling to watch, especially in the 4th quarter.

Really starting to regret using my rookie pick on one of Pederson's runningbacks. He's dedicated to the comittee so much as to split Sanders' touches with Boston Scott; makes me want to puke.

I'm so mad right now, i might go burn down my shed. This was the game Sanders should have went off: terrible wide recivers, great secondary, not so great linebackers, tight ends double covered. But instead Pederson trips over his shoe laces, spills his beer, lands on his face, and breaks his nose.

Edited by cloppbeast

5 hours ago, cloppbeast said:

Really starting to regret using my rookie pick on one of Pederson's runningbacks. He's dedicated to the comittee so much as to split Sanders' touches with Boston Scott; makes me want to puke.

I'm so mad right now, i might go burn down my shed. This was the game Sanders should have went off: terrible wide recivers, great secondary, not so great linebackers, tight ends double covered. But instead Pederson trips over his shoe laces, spills his beer, lands on his face, and breaks his nose.

He was in on 85% of the snaps. How about questioning Carson Wentz not throwing him the ball as well. 

Oh and playing the Patriots.....yeah an easy defense to run on and pass on. Not. Come on man. He as on the field 85% of the time. What timeshare this week? Bad play calling I can get on board with.

2020 will be a breakout year for Sanders. He has electric ability and I see a good future for him.

Edited by Todem

On 11/18/2019 at 12:45 PM, fantasycurse42 said:

think its more coaching then Wentz in the Pats game, but yea, he's probably still overrated. He's not bad - but he's not top level either.

Edited by babydemon90

24 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

think its more coaching then Wentz in the Pats game, but yea, he's probably still overrated. He's not bad - but he's not top level either.

I would take good. Elite he is not. But he has big play potential and can be a great PPR fantasy back. A good RB2 type.