Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Zyphros

Dynasty: Miles Sanders - Eagles

1 hour ago, Todem said:

He was in on 85% of the snaps. How about questioning Carson Wentz not throwing him the ball as well. 

Oh and playing the Patriots.....yeah an easy defense to run on and pass on. Not. Come on man. He as on the field 85% of the time. What timeshare this week? Bad play calling I can get on board with.

2020 will be a breakout year for Sanders. He has electric ability and I see a good future for him.

Sanders out touched Scott only 13-7 despite the overwhelming snap count. He was mostly on the field to pass block or run out as the 3rd or 5th option. Wentz goes through his reads pretty terribly so he rarely got to his running back. You can put some of this on the qb, but also on the coach for not trying to get Sanders the ball. Even Romo was like, 'hey, throw it to the running back'. My man should have been a focal point in this game, but Pederson instead faithfully adhered to his religion.

Edited by cloppbeast
  • Like 1

Miles Sanders rushed 12 times for 63 yards in the Eagles' Week 12 loss to the Seahawks.

He added three catches for 23 yards on five targets, but Carson Wentz missed him badly on the two missed connections and one of them could have been an early touchdown with Sanders open in the flat. Sanders has 28 touches over the last two weeks with Jordan Howard (shoulder) sidelined, but Howard should gain clearance this week before a date with the Dolphins. If Howard sits, Sanders will be a lock-and-load RB2 with upside in that spot.

Edited by The Frankman

More then the numbers, you can see some real growth to Sanders' game the past couple of weeks. Early in the year, you'd see little to no crease and he'd dance a little, maybe try to break it out and get knocked for a 3 yard loss. Now, He sees even a tiny crease and he hits it hard falling forward for 3 or 4 yard gains. Not a power back by any stretch, but showing enough between the tackles to keep high the hopes of being an every down back with more room to improve.

• Like 1

Seems the vibe is Howard will sit again but I can't find any details.  I have Sanders in over Carson at the moment.  Seems like a huge blowup spot.

5 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

Seems the vibe is Howard will sit again but I can't find any details.  I have Sanders in over Carson at the moment.  Seems like a huge blowup spot.

On paper yes, but we've heard that song before with many players. I am always wary of playing the matchup game - more often than not, it doesn't work out as planned.

On 11/24/2019 at 5:34 PM, renesauz said:

More then the numbers, you can see some real growth to Sanders' game the past couple of weeks. Early in the year, you'd see little to no crease and he'd dance a little, maybe try to break it out and get knocked for a 3 yard loss. Now, He sees even a tiny crease and he hits it hard falling forward for 3 or 4 yard gains. Not a power back by any stretch, but showing enough between the tackles to keep high the hopes of being an every down back with more room to improve.

I felt the same watching the last 2 games. But hopes can still be dashed by bad play calling and QB play. Back to back games where Wentz just never looked to the easy and often open checkdown.  :kicksrock:

1 hour ago, C-Bound said:

Tough to sit Carson but Sanders is going to put up decent numbers.  

Edited by DocHolliday

2 hours ago, zamboni said:

On paper yes, but we've heard that song before with many players. I am always wary of playing the matchup game - more often than not, it doesn't work out as planned.

Not when your talking about the Dolphins this year. A freaking wide open field basically to run free. Start him with confidence.

Edited by Todem

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

Tough to sit Carson but Sanders is going to put up decent numbers.  

It is tough to sit him...I may sit Lindsay instead...though with his matchup that looks like a bad decision too.

And this in a week I must win.  I really hate FF some times.

57 minutes ago, Don Hutson said:

Deciding between 2 of Sanders, OBJ, Hopkins, Chubb.  

7 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

Deciding between 2 of Sanders, OBJ, Hopkins, Chubb.  

Hopkins Chubb

Need 2 of 3, Jonathan Williams, Miles Sanders, Dede Westbrook...

currently have Dede on the bench.

9 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I'm also deciding between Williams and Sanders. Sanders should've been getting the bulk recently but the Eagles love to have a big committee so is anything actually changing this week or is this just talk?

Edit - we get 0.5 per carry and 1.0 per reception so Williams getting a lot of carries is quite valuable too.

Edited by Hu-Tang Clan

Gut feel but with no Ertz - I can see them leaning more in Sanders in the pass game as well.  Don't think Goedert is going to pick up all that Ertz did,  so we might see a few more passes going to Sanders.  Now, whether Carson will sail those passes over his head - different story....

4 minutes ago, babydemon90 said:

Gut feel but with no Ertz - I can see them leaning more in Sanders in the pass game as well.  Don't think Goedert is going to pick up all that Ertz did,  so we might see a few more passes going to Sanders.  Now, whether Carson will sail those passes over his head - different story....

Ertz still may play 

33 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Makes sense.  This should be a big day for Miles.  

Miles Sanders rushed 17 times for 83 yards and caught five passes for 22 yards and a touchdown in Week 13 against Miami.

Sanders remained the Eagles' workhorse with Jordan Howard (shoulder) sidelined. He got the bulk of his carries in the first half, but his pass-game usage allowed him remained involved with the Eagles chasing points late. Sanders was left wide open in the flats for a 15-yard touchdown in the Eagles first drive. After early season struggles, Sanders has played much better the last two weeks with Howard out. Even if Howard returns in Week 14, Sanders will be the touch favorite for a plus matchup with the Giants.

Edited by The Frankman

Do we think Howard plays or Ajajyi gets more touches?  I think Sanders could have gotten more carries in the second half vs Miami but they were content with Wentz tossing it around. 

Debating on Sanders again this week over one of Cook, Chubb, Henry.  

On 12/3/2019 at 9:06 PM, Gottabesweet said:

Debating on Sanders again this week over one of Cook, Chubb, Henry.  

I wouldn't start him over any of them, but with Howard most likely out again, I like this MNF spot for him and will be playing him.

3 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I wouldn't start him over any of them, but with Howard most likely out again, I like this MNF spot for him and will be playing him.

It’s a toss up with Cook right now. Not sure he’ll be effective. 

What hurts is now Eli is playing and gets a healthy squad for the first time all season. Barkley, Engram, Tate, Shepard.  

40 minutes ago, Gottabesweet said:

It’s a toss up with Cook right now. Not sure he’ll be effective. 

What hurts is now Eli is playing and gets a healthy squad for the first time all season. Barkley, Engram, Tate, Shepard.  

Why does that hurt?  Keep the screens coming...

15 hours ago, C-Bound said:

Why does that hurt?  Keep the screens coming...

They’ll hold on to the ball a bit more. But yes maybe if the Giants score a bit the Sanders screens will come. 

Eagles suck, and they seem to play to the situation. Now that they don't need to win, I expect a close game. I kinda like Sanders in this spot, maybe even playing from behind. Hopefully they realize he is a good pass catcher, but it does seem to escape them a little too much.

Well, my season now rests on Sanders' shoulders. I have an 11 point lead, Sanders averages 13 points. My Round 1 playoff opponent has Janoris Jenkins (12 point avg) and Antoine Bethea (12 point avg)... the math is basically showing a tie. lol. It's going to be a nail biter but having to rely on the 1st round rookie RB I traded up to draft is pretty stinkin exciting. Relying on Wentz to actually get him the ball while he's wide open in the flat, however, is terrifying. :scared:

1 hour ago, Flying Elvis said:

Well, my season now rests on Sanders' shoulders. I have an 11 point lead, Sanders averages 13 points. My Round 1 playoff opponent has Janoris Jenkins (12 point avg) and Antoine Bethea (12 point avg)... the math is basically showing a tie. lol. It's going to be a nail biter but having to rely on the 1st round rookie RB I traded up to draft is pretty stinkin exciting. Relying on Wentz to actually get him the ball while he's wide open in the flat, however, is terrifying. :scared:

Im debating between him and Barkley and my gut says him.

My season depends on him having a big game and Wentz not. 

This is the excitement fantasy is about. We shall enjoy our loses like the babies we will be. lol

Edited by tackle for loss
  • Laughing 1

1 hour ago, Flying Elvis said:

I got something similar.  I'm up 10 with Sanders to go but playing against Saquon and Eagles D. :unsure:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, C-Bound said:

I got something similar.  I'm up 10 with Sanders to go but playing against Saquon and Eagles D. :unsure:

I'm in worse shape because I played Snell over A J Brown.  I'm down 23 and he has Sanders and I have Barkley.  Good night me, but I guess there is a chance.

So you say there is a chance?

- Lloyd

Sometimes I don’t think FBG staff watches the games, Tremblay has Sanders at 19.02 PPR points for Week 15. After last night and Boston Scott’s performance, The Eagles in general and Sanders getting banged up how can you justify this. 

Edited by Gottabesweet

16 hours ago, Gottabesweet said:

Sometimes I don’t think FBG staff watches the games, Tremblay has Sanders at 19.02 PPR points for Week 15. After last night and Boston Scott’s performance, The Eagles in general and Sanders getting banged up how can you justify this. 

FBG rankings change a bit later in the week. Not saying that will happen with Sanders but later week rankings are better after more time to watch games and read local news. I won't decide until later in the week whether to start Sanders or not because I've got my own reading to do.

7 hours ago, fatness said:

FBG rankings change a bit later in the week. Not saying that will happen with Sanders but later week rankings are better after more time to watch games and read local news. I won't decide until later in the week whether to start Sanders or not because I've got my own reading to do.

Deciding between Sanders, Chubb, OBJ myself.  

53 minutes ago, foxco said:

On multiple levels, yes. 

1 hour ago, C-Bound said:

Chubb all day no?

I honestly think Sanders might have a safer floor with the PPR points.  

I’m basically scouring the waivers bc I have zero faith here. His 8-10 point floor (which to me also feels like his ceiling) isn’t going to get it done for me this week.

looking at McLaurin or Cobb over him :kicksrock:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I’m basically scouring the waivers bc I have zero faith here. His 8-10 point floor (which to me also feels like his ceiling) isn’t going to get it done for me this week.

That seems accurate but hopefully with game script and designed screens go to him more than Boston Scott. 

Miles Sanders rushed 19 times for 122 yards and a touchdown and caught six passes for 50 yards and a second touchdown in the Eagles' Week 15 win over the Redskins.

Sanders converted a goal-line carry for his rushing touchdown. He was on the receiving end of an absolute dime from Carson Wentz in the back of the end-zone for his second score. Sanders also ripped off a 56-yard run on a delayed handoff where he ran past the Redskins secondary. This was the first time Sanders has went over 100 yards rushing this season and it was needed with the Eagles offense loafing for most of the day. It's a nice rebound game for Sanders, who set an Eagles rookie record for most scrimmage yards. Even if Jordan Howard returns next week, Sanders will be a high-end RB2 for Week 16 against Dallas.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2019 at 5:31 PM, fantasycurse42 said:

i feel like his ceiling could approach 170 yards and 2 TD's if he gets going though

5 hours ago, babydemon90 said:

i feel like his ceiling could approach 170 yards and 2 TD's if he gets going though

His 37 points are the only thing giving me hope right now.

Best game of the season could not come at a better time!!

Hopefully Jordan Howard is inactive again in week 16.  The Eagles/Cowboys game is a 4:25PM start time, that’s the only problem.  I would think the Eagles will keep it close to the vest up until they actually have to release the official inactives before the game.  If you own Sanders in dynasty leagues, you have to be smiling.

• Like 1

Gonna roll him out again, not much of a choice, but I expect him to revert to the mean.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, LOCO said:

in over chubb and gurley

It’s between Fournette and Miles for me, Jordan Howard is making it tough, if I knew for sure that he was inactive, Miles easily will be my choice.  The only problem is Fournette’s is an early start and Miles is late☹️.  I’ve been looking to see if there was any recent updates on Jordan Howard, haven’t found anything.

9 hours ago, Kevrunner said:

It’s between Fournette and Miles for me, Jordan Howard is making it tough, if I knew for sure that he was inactive, Miles easily will be my choice.  The only problem is Fournette’s is an early start and Miles is late☹️.  I’ve been looking to see if there was any recent updates on Jordan Howard, haven’t found anything.

By my thinking, it doesn't matter much for Sanders whether Howard plays at all. Sanders doesn't get all the snaps anyway, it's either Scott or Howard stealing the plays. Do you see Pederson making this is some sort of three-way committee?