What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (1 Viewer)

Agree on pass catching disparity and not trying to say he looks like Barkley just saying he was productive as rusher, not just a workout warrior. And not for nothing but I for one got so caught up in how good of a reciever that Barkley is but I kind of slept on fact he went for 1300 and  5 YPC behind a horrible OL.  That he could be as productive in the same offense is something I find encouraging.

Also I liked what I saw on tape myself. Not wowed, did not know he'd test this well, but he looked on tape to me like an NFL starter.
I am not like Johnny calling him a bum. I just think he's ok. He is an ok prospect. The workout stuff is nice but it took him maybe from a 6 to 7 for me. It is hard to separate RB play from OL play from general offensive success. I will say I am probably a bit bias because I saw him live against Michigan and he didn't look like he belonged in the Big 10 yet alone the NFL. 

How about at the end of year 3 of both their career's?  My guess is that Sanders won't even touch the field in the first 3 years.
Lol, fine. I meant we doing total fantasy points? Or some other way of calculating rush and recieving yards and TD’s? 

LOL obviously I could have worded that better. I meant why was he so far from Saquon? His numbers were just straight up bad as receiver 5.8 ypr. vs SB's 11.7. I know Barkley is a lot better but this is borderline ridiculous. Miles was in an offense that we know was ready to feed a RB with targets and get big plays but Miles totally faceplanted as a receiver. 

Lol, fine. I meant we doing total fantasy points? Or some other way of calculating rush and recieving yards and TD’s? 
fantasy points is fine, just standard, 1 pt ever 10 yards rushing 6 pt rush TD,  1 pt every 10 yards receiving, 6 pts receiving TDs.   No return TDs.   non ppr even though I think he would win that too.  I promise I'll honor this bet and hope you will too.   It's a $100 bet.

Last edited by a moderator:
fantasy points is fine, just standard, 1 pt ever 10 yards rushing 6 pt rush TD,  1 pt every 10 yards receiving, 6 pts receiving TDs.   No return TDs.   non ppr even though I thin he would win that too.
Actually I’ve had a change of heart for the fantasy points... that’s not indicative of ####. I want ADP for FFPC or MFL10 end of year three.

Actually I’ve had a change of heart for the fantasy points... that’s not indicative of ####. I want ADP for FFPC or MFL10 end of year three.
figures.   That was very weak.

You want to take him on in total points be my guest.
Of course his terms were ridiculous but perhaps we should revisit the bet after the NFL draft.  What if Sanders was drafted by the Giants? Just for the record I was willing to do the bet based on standard fantasy scoring after 3 years  before knowing their situation, but he refused. 

Of course his terms were ridiculous but perhaps we should revisit the bet after the NFL draft.  What if Sanders was drafted by the Giants?
What’s ridiculous about the FFPC? People actually take fantasy seriously there and know what they’re doing. You think people playing in $1000 leagues will take Sanders over Snell or vice versa to screw you or me out of our measly $100 bet? 

I am not like Johnny calling him a bum. I just think he's ok. He is an ok prospect. The workout stuff is nice but it took him maybe from a 6 to 7 for me. It is hard to separate RB play from OL play from general offensive success. I will say I am probably a bit bias because I saw him live against Michigan and he didn't look like he belonged in the Big 10 yet alone the NFL. 
Michigan pistol whipped penn state....check tje sparty game out....

College coaches do dumb stuff all the time...like why wasnt kamara used more at tennessee? Etc....

What’s ridiculous about the FFPC? People actually take fantasy seriously there and know what they’re doing. You think people playing in $1000 leagues will take Sanders over Snell or vice versa to screw you or me out of our measly $100 bet? 
LOL.  If you want to bet $100 on which RB will have more fantasy points after 3 years before knowing their team I'm fine with that.  Again, 1 pt per 10 yds rush rec, 6 pts rush tds and rec tds, non return tds, non ppr.   However I would be accepting to 1 pt ppr.   If you want to wait until after we know what team each are on I'm fine with that too and and we can make a decision on the bet after that.  That's as pretty good as it gets IMO.

LOL.  If you want to bet $100 on which RB will have more fantasy points after 3 years before knowing their team I'm fine with that.  Again, 1 pt per 10 yds rush rec, 6 pts rush tds and rec tds, non return tds, non ppr.   However I would be accepting to 1 pt ppr.   If you want to wait until after we know what team each are on I'm fine with that too and and we can make a decision on the bet after that.  That's as pretty good as it gets IMO.
I’ll take that but I would like to see which team each ends up on and I’ll leave the caveat that you can walk away too if Snell ends up behind someone like Zeke or Barkley. These aren’t first round backs no matter how fiercely either one of us wants to defend the other. I’ve seen it too many times in drafts as have you.

Also we’ll do non-PPR as neither one has shown pass catching acumen and that should put it on even footing.

I bet this changes quite bit by next week.

34    RB Miles Sanders    *    29    31    33.7    31.0    31.0

Michigan pistol whipped penn state....check tje sparty game out....

College coaches do dumb stuff all the time...like why wasnt kamara used more at tennessee? Etc....
Penn State played a great game against OSU and he was incredibly ineffective. Just saying that against the 2 best teams on their scheudle and in the bowl game against a lower level SEC team he had his worst 3 games of the season. 

Penn State played a great game against OSU and he was incredibly ineffective. Just saying that against the 2 best teams on their scheudle and in the bowl game against a lower level SEC team he had his worst 3 games of the season. 
I resemble (bad english for those that don't understand) your saying that about Ky this year.  They were great and a 10 win team with possible the top defensive player of the year in Josh Allen :)   Lower level SEC team my butt, at least for 2018.

LOL obviously I could have worded that better. I meant why was he so far from Saquon? His numbers were just straight up bad as receiver 5.8 ypr. vs SB's 11.7. I know Barkley is a lot better but this is borderline ridiculous. Miles was in an offense that we know was ready to feed a RB with targets and get big plays but Miles totally faceplanted as a receiver. 
Sure but if we're going to take this approach then couldn't we equally note that his rushing numbers were basically identical to Barkley's in the same offense?

Barkley had some real stinkers in that offense too.

I resemble (bad english for those that don't understand) your saying that about Ky this year.  They were great and a 10 win team with possible the top defensive player of the year in Josh Allen :)
Kentucky was good so lower level wasn't the right phrase. I said they were one of the 3 toughest games PSU played. Over MSU or Wisc.  It wasn't a great SEC team, but a very solid SEC team 

Sure but if we're going to take this approach then couldn't we equally note that his rushing numbers were basically identical to Barkley's in the same offense?
Sure but if Barkley was just a rusher and didn't have that passing game impact he wouldn't have been nearly as special but I think you are right that the o-line/QB/ofense likely really capped what the PSU backs were capable of running the ball. 

Barkley had some real stinkers in that offense too.
Barkley's worst games were 96 yards vs MSU, 81 yards vs Maryland and 67/1 against OSU (also added 105 and a TD in the return game). Miles 3 worst games were 21 yards vs UM, 58 yards vs UK and 62 vs Iowa. While overall rushing was similar, Barkley had that trump card in the passing game and special teams. There was never a time when Barkley looked anything but incredible. Miles looked completely forgettable quite often. 

Barkley's worst games were 96 yards vs MSU, 81 yards vs Maryland and 67/1 against OSU (also added 105 and a TD in the return game). Miles 3 worst games were 21 yards vs UM, 58 yards vs UK and 62 vs Iowa. While overall rushing was similar, Barkley had that trump card in the passing game and special teams. There was never a time when Barkley looked anything but incredible. Miles looked completely forgettable quite often. 
As a runner Barkley had 20-56 against Indiana, 21-44 against Ohio State, and 14-35 against Rutgers.  That's not to mention the year before where he had...

20-63 (3.2ypc) against Minnesota (1 catch for -3 yards)
33-58 (1.8ypc) against Indiana (2 catches for 34 yards)
12-14 (1.4ypc) against Michigan State (2 catches for 11 yards)

Barkley may have been the best RB prospect we've seen in our lifetime.  He just ran for 1300 yards in the NFL as a rookie at 5ypc on a bad team.  Even if we give Sanders a 0 as a receiver it's still noteworthy that his numbers held up to Barkley very well as a runner in the same offense, as long as the basis for comparison for his receiving was that he did it in the same offense to start.

As a runner Barkley had 20-56 against Indiana, 21-44 against Ohio State, and 14-35 against Rutgers.  That's not to mention the year before where he had...

20-63 (3.2ypc) against Minnesota (1 catch for -3 yards)
33-58 (1.8ypc) against Indiana (2 catches for 34 yards)
12-14 (1.4ypc) against Michigan State (2 catches for 11 yards)

Barkley may have been the best RB prospect we've seen in our lifetime.  He just ran for 1300 yards in the NFL as a rookie at 5ypc on a bad team.  Even if we give Sanders a 0 as a receiver it's still noteworthy that his numbers held up to Barkley very well as a runner in the same offense, as long as the basis for comparison for his receiving was that he did it in the same offense to start.

I can't argue any of that. 

Back to Miles Sanders career prospects.

Is he not likely among of the first 4 running backs taken in this year's NFL draft?
I have to think he is.  The others in that conversation are Josh Jacobs who didn't work out, Damien Harris who was probably pretty average all around, Devin Singletary who was a bust when it comes to his workout, and Darrell Henderson who had a nice day.  He probably jumps both Harris and Singletary for sure and then it becomes which flavor of ice cream do you like.  

ESPN's Todd McShay told reporters on a conference call that Penn State RB Miles Sanders is a "Day 2" lock.

"Sanders, on tape, and when I saw him in person: Really good back," McShay said. "I didn’t think he was elite, but I thought he was a Day 2 prospect, and I thought his workout only helped him." The 5-foot-11, 211-pound back ran a solid 4.45 second 40-yard dash, and he also showed a 36-inch vertical and 124-inch broad jump. "It’s tough to have a better workout than Sanders had, McShay continued, "and if nothing else, it’s going to lock him down a spot on Day 2."

SOURCE: Penn Live

Mar 6, 2019, 11:00 AM

NFL Film's Greg Cosell believes that Penn State RB Miles Sanders has the traits to be a three-down back.

Sanders (5'11/211) has arguably risen the most out of the running backs since the start of #DraftSZN. In fact, Cosell makes an argument for Sanders as RB2. ESPN's Todd McShay recently called Sanders a "Day 2" lock, and we agree with that assessment after his NFL Scouting Combine performance. As Saquon Barkley's replacement in 2018, Sanders averaged 5.8 yards on his 220 carries (1,274 yards) while scoring nine touchdowns.

SOURCE: Ross Tucker Podcast

Mar 16, 2019, 1:10 PM

Yup, he's actually back to back with Montgomery for me at the moment at 8 and 9 overall.  
Thanks. If he lands with Chicago I think he is HUGE in 2 years... if not sooner. Lots of upside here. Hoping him or Henderson get to me at 7. One should. 

Thanks. If he lands with Chicago I think he is HUGE in 2 years... if not sooner. Lots of upside here. Hoping him or Henderson get to me at 7. One should. 
Chicago, or Philadelphia would be awesome. Tampa Bay or Oakland would be good. Kansas City or LA Chargers would be ok.

I would be happy with anything other than some obviously bad places like New York, Dallas, or LA Rams.

Users who are viewing this thread