What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (1 Viewer)

So assuming Miles Sanders is as good as hall of famer Adrian Peterson, we have nothing to worry about.
You brought up ad....not me....the biggest fumbler i recall was tiki barber....he corected it....ryan mathews did get benched for it...arian foster famously in his first start got benched that game...bur overall??? Not a big deal if the talent is there

You brought up ad....not me....the biggest fumbler i recall was tiki barber....he corected it....ryan mathews did get benched for it...arian foster famously in his first start got benched that game...bur overall??? Not a big deal if the talent is there
I was sort of just messing though.

But fumbling is not much of a consideration for me in fantasy. It's something he might fix. Of if not, if he's a factor in FF, it means he's a pretty good talent and fumbling might not limit his touches anyway, kind of like Peterson.

I don't like the Chicago landing spot like some do, I'd rather see him in Tampa or Atlanta.  Everyone is sleeping on Atlanta but Freeman is 27 I think with injury history, and then they only have Ito Smith behind him now.  That's the spot I want for my favorite RB, which this year is Miles Sanders.  Wouldn't mind Ozigbo or Jalin Moore there either though, but nobody else.  Chicago seems doomed to be stuck in the middle of identity crisis with their current talent, makes it much more uncertain in my mind.  

same thing they said about Sony Michel and he was great this year in that regard 1 fumble lost in ~220 touches.....I wont ever not draft someone because of this "trait" silly really
I think as a buyer it's something to be aware of. Its risk. Does that mean do not draft?

Of course not. However its risk that would cause me to take a player equally as promising who does not have that risk.

Some people are talking about taking him pretty high.

I don't like the Chicago landing spot like some do, I'd rather see him in Tampa or Atlanta.  Everyone is sleeping on Atlanta but Freeman is 27 I think with injury history, and then they only have Ito Smith behind him now.  That's the spot I want for my favorite RB, which this year is Miles Sanders.  Wouldn't mind Ozigbo or Jalin Moore there either though, but nobody else.  Chicago seems doomed to be stuck in the middle of identity crisis with their current talent, makes it much more uncertain in my mind.  
you lied to me... you said Henderson was your favorite. or maybe that was @ZWK. I get you two confused

ETA: regardless I like both of them a lot and I'm stoked to see where they end up

Last edited by a moderator:
you lied to me... you said Henderson was your favorite. or maybe that was @ZWK. I get you two confused

ETA: regardless I like both of them a lot and I'm stoked to see where they end up
Never said Henderson was a favorite of mine, probably ZWK yeah.  He's not as big on Sanders mostly due to production and fumbles I think are the reasons.  Production can be explained away a bit though (Barkley).  

I'm starting to grow on Henderson a bit though ever since someone mentioned DeAngelo Williams as a comp.  Kind of showed me a new perspective of his game.  

Never said Henderson was a favorite of mine, probably ZWK yeah.  He's not as big on Sanders mostly due to production and fumbles I think are the reasons.  Production can be explained away a bit though (Barkley).  

I'm starting to grow on Henderson a bit though ever since someone mentioned DeAngelo Williams as a comp.  Kind of showed me a new perspective of his game.  
Sanders seems more complete than Henderson. Starting to really like him

I have to admit I only know what I read about Sanders and he may turn out fine, but I did watch the Citrus Bowl and he didn't look very good.  I saw him drop passes (2 rec 7 yds) and looked mediocre running the ball. (13/51).

I have to admit I only know what I read about Sanders and he may turn out fine, but I did watch the Citrus Bowl and he didn't look very good.  I saw him drop passes (2 rec 7 yds) and looked mediocre running the ball. (13/51).
Sanders looks like a good but not great RB.  He would have to end up in a very good situation to stand out.  

He also was stuffed a lot with that defense keying on him and he showed good pass protection skills in that game.  Watching Sanders a lot I learned that McSorley is more athlete than QB and he'd rather take off running.  And yet they only gave Sanders 13 carries because McSorley wanted to tuck and run more often, he took off 19 times rather than hand it off to Sanders (most of those were RPO's).  It throws some caution to Sanders for sure but he went 13/51 which isn't bad on limited touches he just never popped off the long one.  But then again Sanders doesn't really make any of ZWK's lists for efficiency marks, or explosive runs which adds to that concern that he just can't.  

The hype around him is he looked so good in drills at the combine, but that doesn't necessarily translate to the field.  I had him high before the combine partially because I liked what I saw and his size projects to an above average workload, so he didn't move a whole lot for me (moved from RB4 pre combine to RB3 post combine). 

he seems like more of a 3 down back than Henderson. Henderson can be very good, but I think he will be best used in a Stewart/Williams or Ingram/Kamara role. Which is still fine and very valuable, as we have seen with these combos, but Sanders seems like he can do it all and can be a 3 down back in the NFL. Few RBs in this class possess that ability. 

he seems like more of a 3 down back than Henderson. Henderson can be very good, but I think he will be best used in a Stewart/Williams or Ingram/Kamara role. Which is still fine and very valuable, as we have seen with these combos, but Sanders seems like he can do it all and can be a 3 down back in the NFL. Few RBs in this class possess that ability. 
What makes him more of a 3 down RB than Henderson?

for me it comes down to size. Henderson has shown he can carry the load though so I'm not concerned about his capability, I'm just not sure if he will hold up in the NFL
You are not alone in this perspective however a players size is not a skill that allows them to become a 3 down RB while others do not.

It is a bias in perception that is shared by coaches and front office personnel who ultimately make the decisions about who is capable of being a 3 down RB or not. In a lot of ways this becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

However looking at it objectively, there is not one thing that Sanders is better than Henderson at.

Does 5 lbs really matter that much? 

You are not alone in this perspective however a players size is not a skill that allows them to become a 3 down RB while others do not.

It is a bias in perception that is shared by coaches and front office personnel who ultimately make the decisions about who is capable of being a 3 down RB or not. In a lot of ways this becomes a self fulfilling prophecy.

However looking at it objectively, there is not one thing that Sanders is better than Henderson at.

Does 5 lbs really matter that much? 
Henderson is very high on my list. I am hoping one is there when I pick late mid round. It all depends on destination. In the end I am okay with either one. I do prefer one over the other right now 

Henderson is very high on my list. I am hoping one is there when I pick late mid round. It all depends on destination. In the end I am okay with either one. I do prefer one over the other right now 
Many of these running backs could be decent depth for NFL teams; but Henderson and Sanders are about the only ones I can see having potential as a RB1 for us in fantasy.

Many of these running backs could be decent depth for NFL teams; but Henderson and Sanders are about the only ones I can see having potential as a RB1 for us in fantasy.
Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs have a better chance at RB 1 IMO.  Not that Harris is all world, but he is definitely a 3 down back and a better runner than Sanders.  Henderson is a wildcard.  Some reports have him as a COP back,, but I'm starting to pay attention to more than just those reports.

Damien Harris and Josh Jacobs have a better chance at RB 1 IMO.  Not that Harris is all world, but he is definitely a 3 down back and a better runner than Sanders.  Henderson is a wildcard.  Some reports have him as a COP back,, but I'm starting to pay attention to more than just those reports.
We all know you don't like Sanders. He makes some bonehead decisions trying for the big play instead of taking what's available. Harris, and Jacobs have done better in pro-style between the tackles in their offense. Sanders may have taken every snap out of the gun during his one year as starter at Penn State. Your hoping he can improve his vision and between the tackles stuff with more experience.

The potential is there though. I don't understand how you don't see it, especially after the combine. And aren't you a little suspicious of Jacobs refusal to take part in the combine drills?

We all know you don't like Sanders. He makes some bonehead decisions trying for the big play instead of taking what's available. Harris, and Jacobs have done better in pro-style between the tackles in their offense. Sanders may have taken every snap out of the gun during his one year as starter at Penn State. Your hoping he can improve his vision and between the tackles stuff with more experience.

The potential is there though. I don't understand how you don't see it, especially after the combine. And aren't you a little suspicious of Jacobs refusal to take part in the combine drills?
Yes, I'm a little suspicious of Jacobs refusal to take part in the combine drills, but I think overall he's a higher ceiling RB than both Sanders and Harris.  I'm starting to backpedal on Henderson a bit.  Starting to like him more than I initially did despite his size.  As for Sanders, I believe I alluded to this earlier, I haven't seen him play at all except the Citrus Bowl and he looked terrible.  Dropping passes, running into holes where there wasn't anything, etc.    I guess I can't get that out of my head.

cloppbeast said:
Henderson and Sanders are about the only ones I can see having potential as a RB1 for us in fantasy.
Me too. I was all in on Jacobs but his mysterious injury before the combine has me thinking he is fools gold. Which prompted me to sell my pick to draft him. 

Sanders and Henderson are the only 2 RBs I can see being RB1s in this class, and the only 2 I'm interested in... besides maybe Anderson who I am intrigued by but wouldnt spend more than a late 2nd on... and I dont have anything after 2.1

Me too. I was all in on Jacobs but his mysterious injury before the combine has me thinking he is fools gold. Which prompted me to sell my pick to draft him. 

Sanders and Henderson are the only 2 RBs I can see being RB1s in this class, and the only 2 I'm interested in... besides maybe Anderson who I am intrigued by but wouldnt spend more than a late 2nd on... and I dont have anything after 2.1
Don't do it man.  If you want to talk fools gold, Sanders and Henderson are the epitome of fools gold.  this is the year of the WR and TE and IMO you should concentrate on them.  I happen to like Jacobs however, but if you're worried as to why he didn't compete in the combine that is fine, pass on him, but I wouldn't do it for either of the two RBs you mentioned, especially Sanders.

Don't do it man.  If you want to talk fools gold, Sanders and Henderson are the epitome of fools gold.  this is the year of the WR and TE and IMO you should concentrate on them.  I happen to like Jacobs however, but if you're worried as to why he didn't compete in the combine that is fine, pass on him, but I wouldn't do it for either of the two RBs you mentioned, especially Sanders.
All the RB's this year are fools gold.  But out of the high profile ones with the best chance not to be are Sanders, Jacobs, Montgomery and Henderson.  

All the RB's this year are fools gold.  But out of the high profile ones with the best chance not to be are Sanders, Jacobs, Montgomery and Henderson.  
I agree with this list. And am taking a WR at 1.01

I think there are several RBS in this draft that are interesting. Jacobs I am saving my.conclusion on until we see hard numbers... because there are zero numbers. I find it interesting you like Jacobs but your major issue for Metcalf is his lack of production. I question both players for that very reason. If the guy above me passes on Jacobs it may be tough to pass on him at 1.3... 

As far as Sanders and Henderson go... I dont see either being stud RBs in the future, but the most likely to carve out an NFL RB1 nitch are Sanders, Jacobs, and Henderson. Montgomery maybe too... he is probably the most complete of all of them, hes just slow. I think they have a shot at being high end RB2, low end RB1. I need them to be my rb4 assuming Guice pans out.  I wouldnt consider taking them until my pick mid round 1 or high round 2. 

Sanders and/or Henderson could slip to round 4. If that happens they could fall in rookie drafts too. They are the most intriguing RBs for me. I wont reach on them, and I may just pass and load up on wr yet. I think a lot will work it's way out when the draft is done and we see who went where. 

I may not draft any RBs this year.
Yes, I may not either. I have 3 of the first 14 picks and it is a WR heavy draft. Souring a bit on some of the TEs but I've got an eye on them to do my due diligence. 

If Henderson ends up somewhere favorable I wont be able to resist... but I have a strong feeling a lot of these RBs fall to round 3 and 4 and may also then fall in rookie drafts

Don’t forget Anderson. He may end up as my RB1 after workout season.

There's some later round ones that have sleeper appeal, Anderson being one of them, but he isn't a high profile 1st or 2nd round rookie pick probably.  

I think there are several RBS in this draft that are interesting. Jacobs I am saving my.conclusion on until we see hard numbers... because there are zero numbers. I find it interesting you like Jacobs but your major issue for Metcalf is his lack of production. I question both players for that very reason. If the guy above me passes on Jacobs it may be tough to pass on him at 1.3... 

As far as Sanders and Henderson go... I dont see either being stud RBs in the future, but the most likely to carve out an NFL RB1 nitch are Sanders, Jacobs, and Henderson. Montgomery maybe too... he is probably the most complete of all of them, hes just slow. I think they have a shot at being high end RB2, low end RB1. I need them to be my rb4 assuming Guice pans out.  I wouldnt consider taking them until my pick mid round 1 or high round 2. 

Sanders and/or Henderson could slip to round 4. If that happens they could fall in rookie drafts too. They are the most intriguing RBs for me. I wont reach on them, and I may just pass and load up on wr yet. I think a lot will work it's way out when the draft is done and we see went where. 
To be totally honest I don’t really like any of them and will take WRs and TEs mostly.  I may take a RB in the 3rd rd.

JohnnyU said:
To be totally honest I don’t really like any of them and will take WRs and TEs mostly.  I may take a RB in the 3rd rd.
I’ve got 4 picks and will be taking 4 WRs this year. But I could use a WR or two

JohnnyU said:
I may not draft any RBs this year.
This class is better than you believe today my friend. It’s gotten deeper for me, Hell I may not draft a WR this year.

Tex

This class is better than you believe today my friend. It’s gotten deeper for me, Hell I may not draft a WR this year.

Tex
Not really interested in drafting any Kalen Ballage, Royce Freeman,  D’Onta Foreman, Rashaad Penny, Jamaal Williams, Samje Perine,  or Jordan Wilkins this year.

JohnnyU said:
You make your definite choice every day :)
I had 1-3 in one league and made a big trade last week to give up 1 and 2, along with a projected late 2020 1st and Aaron Jones. Netted me Mixon and Diggs. I was reluctantly taking Jacobs and 2 WRs. Now my choice at 1.3 is easy and I'm set. the only thing that could blow it is if my guy is being drafted by Baltimore

Sanders may be a great athlete and underwear Olympian, but I'm not seeing solid RB.  Good yards after contact, average runner and elusiveness, poor blocker and receiver... Dime a dozen mid round RB, but if the right team and situation finds him I could be a little interested.     

Sanders may be a great athlete and underwear Olympian, but I'm not seeing solid RB.  Good yards after contact, average runner and elusiveness, poor blocker and receiver... Dime a dozen mid round RB, but if the right team and situation finds him I could be a little interested.     
Agreed. I seriously question whether he is a top-10 RB on this class, and its a bad class. I feel like Sanders being the lesser half of a committee is a realistic expectation. 

Not really interested in drafting any Kalen Ballage, Royce Freeman,  D’Onta Foreman, Rashaad Penny, Jamaal Williams, Samje Perine,  or Jordan Wilkins this year.

Maybe hindiight isn't 20/20 after all because you forgot Ronald Jones and Joe Williams among others.

Might you possibly be interested in Nick Chubb, Sony Michel, Kareem Hunt, Alvin Kamara, Kerryon Johnson, Marlon Mack, ?  You can't hit on those guys if you don't shoot, and no position is going to have a 100% success rate in any given draft.

Sanders may be a great athlete and underwear Olympian, but I'm not seeing solid RB.  Good yards after contact, average runner and elusiveness, poor blocker and receiver... 
His underwear workouts convinced some, but a lot people liked him before the combine. 

Average elisiveness? I'd like some evidence of such. If you watch a full game of his you'll find at least 2 or 3 defenders picking up their shoes. 

After Jacobs flopped, anyone think Sanders is the 1st RB taken? I think it's entirely possible...
I think it's going to come down to the teams' preferences as there really are no standouts in this class. I could see anyone of Jacobs, Henderson, Sanders, Harris (or others) drafted first. I don't think we are going to see a first round back this year either but no one really expected Penny or Sony to go in the first last year either.

Users who are viewing this thread