What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

RB Miles Sanders, CAR (1 Viewer)

Ilov80s said:
I don’t want my RBs pass blocking, I want them out running routes
Generally speaking, you can't have one without the other. Being able to do both makes the player more versatile and allows the coach not to tip his hand when that player is on the field.

Of course there are systems where you can get away with not pass blocking. Despite what someone mentioned above, I didn't think Sproles was actually any good at it. I remember Payton rarely had Sproles in on plays where the RB was kept in to pass block.

Generally speaking, you can't have one without the other. Being able to do both makes the player more versatile and allows the coach not to tip his hand when that player is on the field.

Of course there are systems where you can get away with not pass blocking. Despite what someone mentioned above, I didn't think Sproles was actually any good at it. I remember Payton rarely had Sproles in on plays where the RB was kept in to pass block.
I have read some stuff on PFF that seems to indicate pass blocking ability only really matters for fantasy on the abosulte extremes. Even at the extremes it doesn't always matter, CMc's rookie year he was graded as the worst pass blocking RB in the NFL but he caught 80 balls. I think they also said Lev Bell had been a poor pass blocker which they theorized may have been the reason he ran so many pass routes. If we assume that Sproles is a good pass blocker and Sanders is bad at it, I don't think Sanders tips anything more than their other backs. 

If I see Jordan Howard on the field, I lean run since he's a zero as a receiver

If I see Sproles on the field, I lean pass since that his area of specialty

If I see Sanders on the field, it's more challenging to decide since he can catch better than Howard and is physically built to grind the run more than Sproles. I think Sanders is the best shot they have at not tipping their hand. 

Last edited by a moderator:
2019 and FBG’s still talking about pass blocking in RB’s 🙄

Firstly, even when tracked pass blocking for RB’s varies wildly from season to season. Secondly, you want your RB to run routes. 

I can’t remember the number but it’s something like a 1.5 point per target vs .5 point per rush for RB’s. Who gives a #### about pass blocking? Certainly not (good) offensive coaches since CMC played something like 98% of the snaps last year. You know who is a good pass blocking RB? James Develin. You know who cares? Nobody. 

I have read some stuff on PFF that seems to indicate pass blocking ability only really matters for fantasy on the abosulte extremes. Even at the extremes it doesn't always matter, CMc's rookie year he was graded as the worst pass blocking RB in the NFL but he caught 80 balls. I think they also said Lev Bell had been a poor pass blocker which they theorized may have been the reason he ran so many pass routes. If we assume that Sproles is a good pass blocker and Sanders is bad at it, I don't think Sanders tips anything more than their other backs. 

If I see Jordan Howard on the field, I lean run since he's a zero as a receiver

If I see Sproles on the field, I lean pass since that his area of specialty

If I see Sanders on the field, it's more challenging to decide since he can catch better than Howard and is physically built to grind the run more than Sproles. I think Sanders is the best shot they have at not tipping their hand. 
Maybe what PFF indicates is truth. I'd need to read it myself before I can give it a fair shot to be convincing. This seems to contradict your statement on Bell. I'm still not convinced Sproles is a good pass blocker or that he'll even make the team.

Personally, I'm more concerned about fumbling than pass blocking. I was just being a devil's advocate.

I have no idea if Jordan Howard can pass block well, but if he can then it wouldn't tip the OC's hand that it's a run because the OC could run or keep Howard in to block. Just because he isn't a useful receiver doesn't mean he's worthless in the passing game. Keeping Howard in to block would free up a tight end to run a route, so not a bad option. But obviously the best option is having a back who can run, catch, AND block. As much as people like to cry that pass blocking doesn't matter, versatility is always better. 

Did you actually watch the play? That’s not at all what happened. Sanders picked up his block, right side between the guard and the tackle, maybe looked a little overwhelmed but was holding fine. The right tackle got manhandled and gave a ton of ground and an extra man hit the gap for the sack.
Right. 2 guys blitzed, the one Sanders didn't block got the sack. Unless he did a misread, I can't see the sense blaming him. 

Right. 2 guys blitzed, the one Sanders didn't block got the sack. Unless he did a misread, I can't see the sense blaming him. 
An assessment I read earlier said that the guard had no one to block and that might make it a miscommunication of assignment that Sanders didn’t pick up the guy who got the sack. I’d have to watch the play again to verify but to my recollection at least, Sanders’ guy definitely came to him unhindered and his choice was block or give up a sack. He blocked but as Choke and I went back and forth on above, Sanders shouldn’t be put down or negatively marked for his block but he sure isn’t getting a pat on the back either because he looked overwhelmed in the block. There is definitely room to improve 

“On a play later in the first quarter, Sanders struggled with a blitz pickup and cornerback LeShaunn Sims sacked Nate Sudfeld, though the Titans had a few blitzing defensive backs and Sanders probably couldn’t have done much about it anyway.

There will be more opportunities for Sanders to make an impression, but Eagles coach Doug Pederson opted to let most of the key contributors on the roster rest as the game progressed. Clearly, even though he’s a rookie, the Eagles expect a lot out of Sanders season.

He didn’t come back into the game again after that series that ended with a sack.”

Tex

If it was just bad luck then why does he keep doing it?

If you think 5 out of 244 isn't bad then you are ignoring the fact that it is more than any other college RB.

I am not reaching here, you are just denying that this might be an issue.

More denials. Same coaches same team same personnel.  Did not get used much as a receiver (relative to other college RB) not just Barkley) and his numbers as a receiver were below average. 

If he isn't going to earn the between the tackles role (howard) then he needs to make hay as the receiving RB right? That is what is hoped here correct? Well how is he going to do that if he is a below average receiving option? Shouldn't that be a strength to match such an expectation? He might be better at it than Howard? Howard is on a new team because his receiving chops are not that good. Sanders should be better than Howard as a receiver. I don't think anyone knows if he is though.

Jordan Howard in college had 24 receptions 261 yards 3 TD. Miles Sanders 32 receptions 193 yards 1 TD.

Hey he was a high draft pick of a good organization in need of a feature RB. He has some really good traits that I agree make sense to get him the ball as a receiver to make good use of them. Just don't tell me that I am reaching here by pointing out the truth just because it causes you umbrage.
I won't judge the poster as I have no idea if he has a horse in this race but I live in Philly and get the denials from the PSU homers a lot. Same song and dance. A lot of them tried to defend how bad Hackenburg was by blaming James Franklin. I told the he did more with Jordan ####### Rodgers as his QB in a much more tougher overall conference with less talent then he had at PSU. Jordan Mathews broke SEC Receiving Records with the QBs he had were no where near the QB talent in the B1G. PSU fans tend to severely overrate the talent. I had one PSU fan try and argue that the Eagles were better off taken Hackenburg instead of trading up for Wentz. Again I don't know who the poster is you are responding too but I see this song and dance repeatedly from PSU homers all the time. if it's not the offensive line it was the coach. if it's not the coach or that it was this or he dealt with some sort of minor BS injury or something. Corey Clement while at Wisconsin looked better to me then Sanders did in PSU. I didn't see Sanders any better then the guys going later then him and thought he's a waste getting picked in the 2nd. I mean I hope he proves me wrong as he is on my team but I felt his talent didn't fit when he was drafted if you get what I mean there. He didn't really separate himself from the other backs in this draft 

people were worried about sony michels problems with fumbles too....he did great sesson 1 in nfl fumble wise.....this trait can be corrected  by coaching 
It can but for some it never is. I remember Tiki Barber having this issue and it was an issue for awhile in his career. Some guys it happens others it never does. All I know is if Doug doesn't trust you and you put the ball on the lawn too much you aint playing much down the stretch. Ask Josh Adams about that. 

I won't judge the poster as I have no idea if he has a horse in this race but I live in Philly and get the denials from the PSU homers a lot. Same song and dance. A lot of them tried to defend how bad Hackenburg was by blaming James Franklin. I told the he did more with Jordan ####### Rodgers as his QB in a much more tougher overall conference with less talent then he had at PSU. Jordan Mathews broke SEC Receiving Records with the QBs he had were no where near the QB talent in the B1G. PSU fans tend to severely overrate the talent. I had one PSU fan try and argue that the Eagles were better off taken Hackenburg instead of trading up for Wentz. Again I don't know who the poster is you are responding too but I see this song and dance repeatedly from PSU homers all the time. if it's not the offensive line it was the coach. if it's not the coach or that it was this or he dealt with some sort of minor BS injury or something. Corey Clement while at Wisconsin looked better to me then Sanders did in PSU. I didn't see Sanders any better then the guys going later then him and thought he's a waste getting picked in the 2nd. I mean I hope he proves me wrong as he is on my team but I felt his talent didn't fit when he was drafted if you get what I mean there. He didn't really separate himself from the other backs in this draft 
I wasn't speaking to anyone specifically when saying that but it is nice to hear someone as close to these teams as it sounds like you are having doubts about Sanders as a college player and now as a pro.

I think I may be higher on Sanders than you are but yeah if Clement is healthy it would not surprise me if he were playing a lot. He seemed to be the guy they used in some key situations.

As far as denial I am guilty of it too. I have made lots of excuses for players even as recently as last year, and in retrospect I regret that. I do try to be as objective about these things as I can.

I think Sanders has some great change of direction ability and he can do some very good things. I do think he can become the starter for the Eagles eventually and that he can be a RB two for fantasy if he shows to be a good receiving option and earns 60% or more of the RB opportunities. I don't know if that will happen this year. I think Sanders has a lot of room for improvement in some pretty critical areas.

It might seem that I do not like Sanders just because I am talking about the negatives and things I consider risks as far as Sanders becoming a successful fantasy RB but that is only half of the story.

The Eagles have an excellent offensive line which is a plus for all of their RB. I do expect that Howard is going to be doing a lot of work this season though. I do not think Sanders is better than him as a runner at this time. Maybe he is a better receiver than Howard is (thats not hard) but the evidence of his performance as a receiver being below average and actually similar to Howard as a college player does not make that a slam dunk.

I am probably really alone on this but I still like Pumphrey a lot and think he could be a nice receiving RB for the Eagles if Sproles, Clement, Smallwood and Sanders are not up to the task.

Biabreakable said:
I wasn't speaking to anyone specifically when saying that but it is nice to hear someone as close to these teams as it sounds like you are having doubts about Sanders as a college player and now as a pro.

I think I may be higher on Sanders than you are but yeah if Clement is healthy it would not surprise me if he were playing a lot. He seemed to be the guy they used in some key situations.

As far as denial I am guilty of it too. I have made lots of excuses for players even as recently as last year, and in retrospect I regret that. I do try to be as objective about these things as I can.

I think Sanders has some great change of direction ability and he can do some very good things. I do think he can become the starter for the Eagles eventually and that he can be a RB two for fantasy if he shows to be a good receiving option and earns 60% or more of the RB opportunities. I don't know if that will happen this year. I think Sanders has a lot of room for improvement in some pretty critical areas.

It might seem that I do not like Sanders just because I am talking about the negatives and things I consider risks as far as Sanders becoming a successful fantasy RB but that is only half of the story.

The Eagles have an excellent offensive line which is a plus for all of their RB. I do expect that Howard is going to be doing a lot of work this season though. I do not think Sanders is better than him as a runner at this time. Maybe he is a better receiver than Howard is (thats not hard) but the evidence of his performance as a receiver being below average and actually similar to Howard as a college player does not make that a slam dunk.

I am probably really alone on this but I still like Pumphrey a lot and think he could be a nice receiving RB for the Eagles if Sproles, Clement, Smallwood and Sanders are not up to the task.
The dark horse is Boston Scott who I think the team likes and is ahead of Pumphrey's. My friends think some my Sanders hate is mostly Anti PSU stuff but this really isn't. To me in combine and on the field production he didn't separate himself to me from the others. I was really intrigued with the possible of getting Bennie Snell over most of the backs and think the Steelers got another steal. As for Sanders I wasn't a fan of him barely doing anything against top defenses. Most of his #s came on a combination of 5 games vs a lot weaker opponents.He also had fumbled 30% more then any back in the draft class and given Pederson's RB history he doesn't take too kindly to backs who put the ball on the ground constantly. I'm also not a fan of the East to west coast running. Reminds me too much of Shady and I hated when he did it too however I don't see Sanders having the skillset Shady did to keep that up in the NFL. I saw a lot of bad tackling and guys not staying in their lanes on some of these highlights that better NFL type talent would make plays wise. There's definitely concerns and valid ones with Sanders. I just cannot take the people who constantly pull excuses out of their ### for guys. I hear it enough from certain fanbases already. We're on a football guys sight so Id think we are all better then the whataboutism's when it comes to teams and such and not making irrational excuses for these players why they didn't perform 

DJackson10 said:
As a bit of a Penn State homer myself (hence the avatar), I have to agree (at least partially) with this post. Sanders was pretty good, but he did not overly impress me either. Perhaps that is because he had the misfortune of having to follow Saquon as the top dog RB. By the way, as someone who watches pretty much every PSU game (I have 1 kid that just graduated and another 1 that is going into her junior year there), I absolutely believe Franklin is a crappy game day coach. When the game is on the line, he seems to ALWAYS call the WRONG play. Having Barkley for a couple of years covered up for his lousy play calling, but Sanders could not do what Saquon did. All that said, I certainly hope Sanders does well in the NFL (although I despise the Eagles...and their fans).

Zack Rosenblatt @ZackBlatt 

Foe the Miles Sanders crowd: He just had a great run in 11 on 11. Burst up the middle, cut outside, nobody touched him. Might’ve been a touchdown in a live situation. #Eagles

Barring injury, Sanders will lead the Eagles in rushing.

Of course, Josh Adams led them in rushing last year, so that doesn't mean he's a FF starter. Worth a shot at RB 3/4 though with potential for more.

Pederson likes RBBC.  Jordan Howard is good.  Other Philly backs are also legit competition.  I have trouble seeing Sanders getting more than 30% of snaps this season.  I don't think Sanders will outsnap a solid veteran like Howard.  A lot of Kool-Aid is being quaffed this year with rookie running backs.  Coaches are hesitant to give a rookie running back a large role until they become totally dependable and that takes time.

Pederson likes RBBC.  Jordan Howard is good.  Other Philly backs are also legit competition.  I have trouble seeing Sanders getting more than 30% of snaps this season.  I don't think Sanders will outsnap a solid veteran like Howard.  A lot of Kool-Aid is being quaffed this year with rookie running backs.  Coaches are hesitant to give a rookie running back a large role until they become totally dependable and that takes time.
It’s honestly a little column A and a littl column B with the Sanders hype. Philly has had RBBCs for years but nobody has been as highly picked as Sanders. My personal expectation was a mid season surge into the starting job but with how much excitement there has been in camp, it is difficult not to get ahead of ourselves and think what if. And then the week 1 preseason happens where he did next to nothing other than rotate with Howard and the pessimists resurface. All we can do is wait, this week and the week after will give us a more complete picture.

My true expectation at this point would be, as you said, 30% of snaps in a timeshare for touches with Howard but only to start the season (this is more optimistic than I was when I drafted Sanders). I think it grows by week 4 and he will be at least startable as a flex from that point forward. Howard is a good RB and likely will demand some work but I still think that by mid point, Sanders will be the lead back even if he isn’t the starter. He and Howard end up with nearly the same amount of TDs in my kind with Sanders possibly finishing as an upside RB2 because of passing down work.

Next year though, he should be the starter all the way and I am hoping that we get a taste of that delicious pie towards the end of this year 

Curious where people would slot him in comparison to last years rookie class (with the caveat that last years in more of known entity in the NFL so this exercise is always with it's flaws).  Obviously, after Barkley, Chubb and K. Johnson.  Would people put him before Penny, Michel, and Freeman?  :oldunsure:

Curious where people would slot him in comparison to last years rookie class (with the caveat that last years in more of known entity in the NFL so this exercise is always with it's flaws).  Obviously, after Barkley, Chubb and K. Johnson.  Would people put him before Penny, Michel, and Freeman?  :oldunsure:
Ahead of Penny and Freeman pretty easy. I think it's close between Sanders, Guice, and Michel, but I put them in that order.

I think Sanders and K.Johnson are pretty much equals, from a talent and situation entering their respective rookie seasons.

Miles Sanders rushed five times for 31 yards in Thursday's preseason game against the Jaguars.

It was an impressive night from the second-round pick in a game where the Eagles were quickly down to their fourth-string quarterback. Sanders notched runs of 12 and 16 yards and had a nice blitz pickup in the second quarter. Evaluating the game, NJ.com's Zack Rosenblatt opined that it is becoming "increasingly hard to project Sanders as anything less than this team’s No. 1 running back." We want to believe, but Jordan Howard remains a legitimate obstacle on early downs.

SOURCE: NJ.com

Aug 15, 2019, 11:29 PM ET

Insein said:
No fan, PSU or otherwise, ever argued this. PSU fans especially knew Hackenburg sucked.
I actually had a guy argue this. No lie. He said what we gave up to move up was too much and I told him all we did was get rid of a bunch of useless garbage that teams overpaid for. He wanted to if we had traded up Get Zeke thought it was too much for Carson.

I did see some PSU homerism in the bleeding green thread and other blogs on Hackenburg too making such excuses. Trust me wouldn't be saying it if I didn't see it. The blasphemy from from friend had other friends dogging him about it too. It was pretty bad to the point Anthony Becth (Who I said I went to school with his sister) and former Eagle Kyle Eckel (Who grew up down the street from me) even got in on the action on this one. People just couldn't believe the BS he was saying. After Carson's rookie year he either deleted his account or blocked us all. It wasn't pretty. We wouldn't dog him the whole year but we would take small little shots at him when Carson did something good especially that first Washington game on the TD pass and then the 2nd one where he especaped numerous defenders got out of the gang tackle and threw a pass. Things like "yeah such a waste of all those picks to get this guy." "Hey what was Hackenburg's numbers today? oh wait he's barely QB3 in a terrible NYJ squad", etc. It wasn't personal it was just good ribbing and reminding him how stupid he sounded. It was just pathetic how he couldn't admit how severely wrong he was about the whole thing. Every now and then Ant texts me if my buddy still believes Carson was a bad move. I tell him probably and I haven't really talked to him in over a year. The sad thing is the guy works with Brian Baldinger's radio show. Baldinger never saw the comments the guy made but apparently someone they work with showed him and even Baldy has dogged him 

Choke said:
Zach Berman‏Verified account @ZBerm

A lot of first-team work for Clement. Making up for lost time.

11:22 AM - 19 Aug 2019

I’m not concerned about this at all. But if you can poison the Sanders owner in your league with this and get Sanders for a discount, get it
Amazing how my response hasn’t changed two weeks later. I feel even more strongly that Clement is not a factor for Sanders. Not because Clement is bad but because we are seeing that Sanders is that good

I'm a dynasty owner in one league and I honestly think he looks pretty "meh" so far. Jack-of-all-trades and a master of none. It's way too early to panic and cut bait, but I'm not that bullish on his redraft outlook and will be watching the situation closely to consider moving on in dynasty if I don't like what I see.

I think Jacobs is going to have a big FF year if healthy, but otherwise I'm not investing in any of the high-profile rookie RBs at their redraft ADP.

I'm a dynasty owner in one league and I honestly think he looks pretty "meh" so far. Jack-of-all-trades and a master of none. It's way too early to panic and cut bait, but I'm not that bullish on his redraft outlook and will be watching the situation closely to consider moving on in dynasty if I don't like what I see.

I think Jacobs is going to have a big FF year if healthy, but otherwise I'm not investing in any of the high-profile rookie RBs at their redraft ADP.
You are kidding, right?

Do I post a lot of fake takes on here? No. He doesn't look special to me so far.

I said it's too early to panic, but I do try to keep tabs on how these guys look out of the gate.
Nobody's panicking. You're the first person I've heard say something negative about the second pre-season game. In my view, he showed some of reasons why people think he can be special: acceleration, change of direction, and dropping the hammer when necessary. More importantly, vision in finding the cutback a few times, which begins to answer one of the questions I had. Now if he could just catch some passes...

Do I post a lot of fake takes on here? No. He doesn't look special to me so far.

I said it's too early to panic, but I do try to keep tabs on how these guys look out of the gate.
No but you are also pretty calm and rational as well. I thought making changes to an evaluation after 6 preseason touches seemed so drastic that I thought it might be tongue in cheek.

No but you are also pretty calm and rational as well. I thought making changes to an evaluation after 6 preseason touches seemed so drastic that I thought it might be tongue in cheek.
Not making any major changes yet. Just keeping tabs. Sometimes guys surprise you. For example, I wasn't high on Kamara coming out of the draft, but I started to like what I saw in the preseason when he was a rookie. It doesn't always take long. Sometimes you see a guy in the NFL uniform and it just clicks. Other times you can overreact on the other end. I didn't really like how Chubb looked last preseason, but obviously he had a strong rookie year when it was all said and done. You don't want to go overboard with a tiny sample size, but it's still worth monitoring.

As far as Sanders goes, I don't think anything I'm saying radically contradicts anything I've said previously. He's in a weird measurables zone with people like Felix Jones, Bishop Sankey, and Donald Brown where he's not quite big enough to be a thumper and not quite fast/explosive enough to thrive purely on his superior speed/explosiveness. I liked his college tape more than those guys and I think his skill set fits the pattern of past successful Philly RBs, but he was only a mid-late 2nd round prospect (not quite an elite talent) and there's always been a bit of a 'tweener vibe to his outlook. I still have some of those concerns after seeing his preseason work so far.

His dynasty ranking (this site has him at RB21) represents a pretty fair compromise between his upside and his downside. RB21 is a low enough entry cost where you're not getting burned too badly if he misses, yet there's upside if he hits big. I don't have a big problem with that ranking, but I could still see myself cashing out for a WR like AJ Brown or Deebo Samuel if I decide I'm not loving what I see from Sanders.

Looking at his redraft slot again, he's actually ranked so low that I think he presents a reasonable gamble. He's pretty far down most lists and with your RB4 it's probably okay to roll the dice. That being said, I'm leaning more towards a Penny/Freeman rookie year at the moment, which makes him a guy I'd be willing to roster and not a guy I'd be actively targeting. Basically, I think he's a possible success, but not a probable success. Jacobs is the only rookie RB that I'd actually feel comfortable relying on for instant production, but of course his ADP is much higher in all formats, so that's not really saying much.

Nobody's panicking. You're the first person I've heard say something negative about the second pre-season game. In my view, he showed some of reasons why people think he can be special: acceleration, change of direction, and dropping the hammer when necessary. More importantly, vision in finding the cutback a few times, which begins to answer one of the questions I had. Now if he could just catch some passes...
I watched the pre season games and came away thinking he looked just ok.   Saw all the talk about how great he looked and went back and rewatched.   That didn’t change my opinion

I agree with ebf.  Jack of all trades but master of none.   Hope I’m wrong but I just don’t see it 

Don’t lose sight of the long term dynasty value here. He talent isn’t elite but his opportunity to be the lead back in a high scoring Eagles’ offense next year and beyond is worth the investment.

didn't see that extra gear on the break-away run.saw the power he has to run through tackles though. he has a great o-line, but I'm not so sure I want a piece of that backfield.

head coach  likes to rotate backs as often as a teenage girl changes outfits.

didn't see that extra gear on the break-away run.saw the power he has to run through tackles though. he has a great o-line, but I'm not so sure I want a piece of that backfield.

head coach  likes to rotate backs as often as a teenage girl changes outfits.
The RBBC in Philly is a downside when considering Sanders.  

The RBBC in Philly is a downside when considering Sanders.  
True, but it’s also possible that Pederson hasn’t had a guy in Philly yet with Sanders’ all around ability. 

Like with most preseason stuff, we’re all probably overreacting on both sides. When the games really matter will hopefully give us the answers.

True, but it’s also possible that Pederson hasn’t had a guy in Philly yet with Sanders’ all around ability. 

Like with most preseason stuff, we’re all probably overreacting on both sides. When the games really matter will hopefully give us the answers.
I guess what was trying to say and should have explained more is that I fully expect a maddening RBBC in Philly.   Sanders is talented but Howard and Clements are likely in line for a fair amount of touches as well.  Does anyone think Sanders gets more than 50% of the touches?

I guess what was trying to say and should have explained more is that I fully expect a maddening RBBC in Philly.   Sanders is talented but Howard and Clements are likely in line for a fair amount of touches as well.  Does anyone think Sanders gets more than 50% of the touches?
I think this depends on whether he's well rounded enough and able to stand out enough to demand the touches.

I think this depends on whether he's well rounded enough and able to stand out enough to demand the touches.
I’m not sure if that even matters. Unless Howard and Clement look dreadful. I believe the mindset is, and will be, RBBC unless one guy is just lightyears ahead of the others. 

I think this is a case where if you are (re)drafting Sanders this year, you're doing so as a several week hold to see if he can seize a higher market share in the RBBC for later in the season. Being a rookie is going to make that challenging, but attrition is always an issue for Clement at least, and Howard is effective, but a plodder, so there is room here, especially in PPR formats for later-season Flex/RB2 value, if Sanders is as dynamic as some think. But patience - potentially a lot - will be required.

I took him as an end-of-bench mustache, but so far he reminds me more of Amir Abdullah than Lesean McCoy when watching his preseason. Not passing my eye test (yet), but not panicking either. (Yet.)

The RB’s look to be Howard, Sanders, Sproles and the 4th spot seems up for grabs. 

Sproles has been injury prone and who knows how much he has left. Clement look abysmal last year if he’s the 4th guy. Could come down to him and Howard at some point. 

Users who are viewing this thread