What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2019 (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
This is mostly for when the season fires up, but I am actually pathetic enough to play some spring training on DK. 

Finally that time. Playing a bunch of .25 ers on DK and a SE and 3mans on FD. 

At SP going with Scherzer,Degromm,Verlander,Tanaka and mixing in some Barrios,Stroman and Nola. 

For bats using Cubs, Mil,Yanks,Tex,SD and Tor.

Doing a few tomorrow too, but trying to remind myself to take it easy the first month, and that P is more important for a bit in the colder weather.  

For bats I figure I will look at dome and warm weather games? 

Hell Yeah! Bases #####es! DK put in lineup batting order positions prematurely today. Erm, where did they get that from? And then I received an email saying to disregard their boner. I'm only in the 4:00 slate and can't wait!

Man, I feel like they did a better job on the opening game with pricing than the last couple years.  Usually there is a rookie or two or some really mispriced guys sticking out for the first week or so, but I am not finding as many.    For FD, it's hard not to start a stud, but that leaves you with about 3K/player.  

Cheap bats (2.9K and under) looking at plate IQ I wrote down were:

D.Smith, Jr, Braun, Toronto top of the order, Angels top of the order (Calhoun/Bour/Pujols), Joc P,  Pitts top of the order (Frazier/CDick/Bell), F.Reyes, Bauers, Kepler, Eloy.  

On DK, If you do 2 studs, you are left with 3.6K and that doesn't sound like much fun.  The list is shorter there of guys that would be 3.6K and under that I like:

D. Smith Jr, Markakis, McKinney, A.Cabrera, Bour/Pujols, McMahon, Winker, Kepler, O'Hearn.  

For both sites, I do like the idea of using E.Lauer vs. the crap Giants.  7.2K on FD and 5.6K on DK opens up a lot of salary for some fun bats if you want to do a stack for a gpp.  

On DK the guys I seemed to gravitate to the most were Bour, O'Hearn, Winker, and Dickerson.   I think Snell could be a good gpp pivot in a tough matchup.   I also used a bit of Lauer and Keller in good matchup for gpp salary savings.  

Good luck to all on opening day!!

Good luck everyone.  Just two lineups in FD -- Scherzer and Verlander.  Just went with cheap hitters near top of the orders and not going against the stud pitchers.   Would like to have put Harper in because it looks like he kills Teheran, but cannot afford it.

Fearless prediction 1-- Carpenter leads off season with HR

#2 -- Puig homers 

needanap said:
Good luck everyone.  Just two lineups in FD -- Scherzer and Verlander.  Just went with cheap hitters near top of the orders and not going against the stud pitchers.   Would like to have put Harper in because it looks like he kills Teheran, but cannot afford it.

Fearless prediction 1-- Carpenter leads off season with HR

#2 -- Puig homers 
I like these calls.  Good luck!

Who would've thought that thru 6 innings of Det/Tor 1 pitcher would have a no hitter and the other a perfect game going? Used alot of Tor bats so killing those lineups but did use Stroman in a couple but won't get the W.

Really need Angels,Tex and SD bats to come on late to come out ahead.

Well, pooped the bed on day 1.  Not looking like anything is going to hit.   So much for that earlier post about there not being much O for the first few weeks.  ;)

Between the two sites I was 850 in 672 out. No batter I spent up for other than Baez came through ( Harper,Trout, Cain,Goldy,Realmuto, Carpenter)

Not sure about today.   Most of the pitching actually looks decent and it's probably not a great sign with the top line for Vegas are the Blue Jays and the Padres are in the top 5 as well.  

Not that many SPs I don't like today.  Glancing at the Plate IQ, and there were some good swK% all around, and some high team K% they are going against.   I assume the chalk will be Cole and Marquez so if I throw a couple cheap LUs together, I was looking at Richards, Flaherty, and Luchessi in gpps.  

I did write Tort 2-4 hitters down, and also the Angels/As game,  SD-R power (this was looking at the SP stats they were going against).  Just looking at bats and their #s vs the pitcher handedness, Bost and Dodgers are good places to go as well.  

I did a $1gpp placeholder on FD of:  Richards - Bour - C.Taylor - Turner - XBog - T.Hern - Grichuk - Calhoun - Trout, and I will stare at that more today.  I will probably put in a few 25cent entries on DK too.   I didn't see any 25cent entries on FD that weren't tix contests, so that was disappointing.  

Starting most of today's lineups with Cole,Trout,Kinsler and Reyes. On DK will be using alot of Luchessi and Marquez. For bats like both sides of Angels/A's,SD and Bos.

Starting most of today's lineups with Cole,Trout,Kinsler and Reyes. On DK will be using alot of Luchessi and Marquez. For bats like both sides of Angels/A's,SD and Bos.
I guess we are close to the same page then as far as bats go.  Is that a good or bad thing?  ;)

Surprised Cole was <20% owned, and damn do the Jays and Tigers suck.  

0 clue why I keep talking myself into Blue Jay shares.  

Anyone play a gpp on FD early only slate? I played 2 50/50s there and scored 188.3 which was almost 30 pts more than the next best score and wondered how it would've placed in gpp.

Makes me 6/6 on FD in cash but 1/6 in gpp

Anyone play a gpp on FD early only slate? I played 2 50/50s there and scored 188.3 which was almost 30 pts more than the next best score and wondered how it would've placed in gpp.

Makes me 6/6 on FD in cash but 1/6 in gpp
I need to throw some more in cash games.  

Early slate had some high scores (in general, not by me.)  I was in the 3max smaller $1 and it looks like 188.3 would have been good for 30th place and $8.   Top score was 216.1 that had a mini Sox/KC game stack with some Mets and Bauer.   I had lots of Yankees and J.Ramierz, so that didn't end well.  

I did a little in the short afternoon slate that did well.  Paired McHugh with a Philly stack that got 183 which took a 5player contest and got 13th in a small SE gpp for $20, so $3 in $20 out.  

Broke even on the night side - had 3 Brewer stacks going, but not enough Dodgers.    Overall after my junk start on FD day 1, I am up $20 for the first few days, so I will take it.  

I seem to like the $1 3max small gpps on FD.  I can play a few LUs and know that pros aren't putting in 150.  I have 3 LUs going today that I need to look at who I am playing.  

Keep up the good work, RW!

60% owned J.Gray in cash isn't going to help my cause today.  I forgot about him when I made my LU and went with Corbin instead.

I got negative points from Carrasco and Buehler and may still cash thanks to Yelich and using paddack as my 2nd SP.

Used Corbin for cash on FD and should cash both.

Raging weasel said:
I got negative points from Carrasco and Buehler and may still cash thanks to Yelich and using paddack as my 2nd SP.

Used Corbin for cash on FD and should cash both.
Nice.  Much better than I did.  Broke even on DK, and only cashed 1 of 6 LUs on FD.   I managed to find all the bats that didn't get double digit points and ended up with only 87pts in cash.  

Really high scoring day again in the afternoon slate - cash line approaching 150pts in the one gpp I'm in.  

Another good day on FD, cashed both 50/50s and finished 6th in a 100man so $5 in $12.20 out.

Another bad day on DK thanks to Carrasco and Buehler, cashed a $1 triple up but that was all, missed cashing by less than 10 in gpps. Stacked Cubs,Twins and Wsox but missed most of the big bats. Did use Yelich and Abrau in every lineup which kept me close.  $7.50 in $3 out.

Nice day, RW!

What you have for us today?  Looks like some not great pitching options.  Mostly looking at the two SPs in the Mets/Mia game right now.  Need to dig deeper during breakfast.  

Fav SP today is Urias from the Dodgers and until they show some life will also use some of whoever my Tigers face which is Germain today. For bats going to keep riding Yelich. Like Dodgers,Angels and Yank bats as well.

Fav SP today is Urias from the Dodgers and until they show some life will also use some of whoever my Tigers face which is Germain today. For bats going to keep riding Yelich. Like Dodgers,Angels and Yank bats as well.
Looks like Milw isn't on the main slate.  They have one of those weird starting times the Indians usually throw at us.   I saw Urias' name - is that somebody that they are going to throw out there for awhile, or are they going to do that Dodger thing and let them go 3-4 innings?  

I was listening to a podcast this morning, and not 100%, but I think they said that Bost and LA didn't pitch their starters for spring training, so that might be a big reason they are getting crunched - Buehler, Sale, etc..

Yeah, Urias,Peacock and Brad-Foley are all guys that could get pulled early but also have good k upside.

Also add Cubs to bats I like.

Using Urias against my sad sack Giants.  Hou/Tex for hitters with Justin Turner and Mallex filling it out.   Just did one Saturday, $1 in and $2.50 out even with Pena as P only getting 6 (totalled 169).  So far I am liking the Tex hitters.

Using Urias against my sad sack Giants.  Hou/Tex for hitters with Justin Turner and Mallex filling it out.   Just did one Saturday, $1 in and $2.50 out even with Pena as P only getting 6 (totalled 169).  So far I am liking the Tex hitters.
I was looking at Plate IQ, and Peacock looks to be much worse vs. LHBs (.395 wOBA, .363 ISO), and of course Tex has about 5 that can hit RHP well in Choo, Odor, Gallo, Cabrera, Guzman. They all strike out a ton, so it might be better as a gpp stack, but I like it better after looking at it and like Peacock a little less.  

Right now my placeholder on FD is C.Smith + Dodger RHBs and filler power like Calhoun, Freeman, Acuna, Semien.   I will look to see how Tex + Dodgers fit together now too.

Did 2 all days on FD 

50/50 and 3man

Urias,Hosmer,Altuve,Drury, Beckham,Trout, Yelich,Gardner,Braun

$1 gpp

Strahm,Hosmer,Moose, Cozart,Beckham,Trout,Yelich,Turner, Calhoun

And this $2 gpp for main slate

Bettis,Jansen,Keke,Drury,Bogaerts,JDmart,Betts,Grichuk,Bregman

Did 6  $.25ers on DK 3 on each slate

Good luck all!

Way too much of the Tort SP on DK. 

It was a gpp night, so just did 6 25cent entries on both sites.  Did one Balt stack as a hedge, so that is ok so far. 

Not looking good for me at the moment but alot of my guys don't start until I'm asleep. Hopefully I wake up to a surprise win or three.

Another day of winning on FD and losing on DK.  Won my 50/50 and 3man and lost gpps on FD so $7 in $9 out .

Couldn't get a DK that had 2 decent scoring SPs and bats we're mostly cold. Did cash in a $.25 contest for $.75 using mostly Seat and Atl so $2.50 in $.75 out.

Today is the opposite of last night with lots of great SP choices but good luck finding bats on DK if you pair up 2 high priced guys. Dropping down a little I like Barrios and Ryu and for cheap Stroman.

Another day of winning on FD and losing on DK.  Won my 50/50 and 3man and lost gpps on FD so $7 in $9 out .

Couldn't get a DK that had 2 decent scoring SPs and bats we're mostly cold. Did cash in a $.25 contest for $.75 using mostly Seat and Atl so $2.50 in $.75 out.

Today is the opposite of last night with lots of great SP choices but good luck finding bats on DK if you pair up 2 high priced guys. Dropping down a little I like Barrios and Ryu and for cheap Stroman.
Not sure what it is, but I am right there with you.  I don't think I've done quite as well as you, but I am up on FD and down on DK.   Last night up $1 on FD, but down about 3 on DK.   One of those nights where the "studs" missed big.   I had a nice TB mini stack with C.Smith - Keirmeier, Diaz, Lowe that I was kind of excited about until Baez, Bregman, and JD Mart all fizzled out.  

Agree about tonight - completely opposite as far as SPs go.  On DK for gpp wrote down Stroman, Freeland, Lauer, Keller, Eflin, and Vargas to take a deeper look on Plate IQ on.  I remember Vargas doing well the 2nd half last year, and showing up in an article when I was looking at season long stuff about somebody who's #s show there could be some positive regression coming and he could be underdrafted.  Not sure if tonight is the night to do it with all the studs to try to keep up with, but I will look.   I think I like something like Berrios/Freeland as a starting point to get some better bats in gpp than trying to jam in Berrios/Scherzer or something like that.  

Have pretty much the last of my DK money in play tonight, $2 in MLB and $8 in PGA.

For SP using Max,Ryu, Barrios,Stroman,Vargas and Gonzalez.

For bats Hou,LAD,Wash and Bos.

I have a $4 DK GPP ticket and rarely play MLB on there.  Any DK tips?

No interest in Greinke at $7600 pitching in the confines of SD?  I also am eyeing Snell as a bounce back at fair ownership, I just don't like seeing Freeland opposite him.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a $4 DK GPP ticket and rarely play MLB on there.  Any DK tips?

No interest in Greinke at $7600 pitching in the confines of SD?  I also am eyeing Snell as a bounce back at fair ownership, I just don't like seeing Freeland opposite him.  
I  have a Snell/Greinke lineup tonight figuring people won't pay up for Snell after his first start was a dud. For bats go with Hou,Bos,Wash(especially lefties). Good luck!

Pricing is crazy compared to FD.  Reddick, for example, is a bargain on FD and priced with the likes of KDavis, Robles, Blackmon, etc on DK.

It's also pretty sad that on the DK app, if you drill into a player we're still seeing the 2018 game log.

Pricing is crazy compared to FD.  Reddick, for example, is a bargain on FD and priced with the likes of KDavis, Robles, Blackmon, etc on DK.

It's also pretty sad that on the DK app, if you drill into a player we're still seeing the 2018 game log.
There have been odd prices on DK for sure.  I think the Dodger righties have been underpriced from the start.  I think guys like Bruce are still underpriced despite good starts, etc. 

Is it me, or does 1B kinda suck tonight? 

I have Bruce on DK. 

I actually don’t have a hitter under $3900 on DK (besides catcher), feels like I’m doing something wrong. Stuck on Stroman and Greinke because if it.

FD I’m liking Kendrys for $2200 if he’s in. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I have Bruce on DK. 

I actually don’t have a hitter under $3900 on DK (besides catcher), feels like I’m doing something wrong. Stuck on Stroman and Greinke because if it.

FD I’m liking Kendrys for $2200 if he’s in. 
looks like he is not in.

Users who are viewing this thread