What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MLB 2019 (2 Viewers)

Rough night when 188 pts is barely hanging on to the cash line.  Up $7 on Draft at least. 

ETA:  make that 194 barely hanging on...

Last edited by a moderator:
Doing my usual today - 3 entries in the 3max.   I am currently looking at the 20mph winds in KC and StL, and wondering if I have the balls to play Bundy since I know the Oak stack will be hella popular as well.  

Doing my usual today - 3 entries in the 3max.   I am currently looking at the 20mph winds in KC and StL, and wondering if I have the balls to play Bundy since I know the Oak stack will be hella popular as well.  
Yeah I've already put in a Bieber/Leave with Oak/Seat $.25er early.

Well, the play Bundy and fade Oak experiment not looking great. 

Be warned- I am on Atl tonight, so adjust your lineups accordingly. ;)

One of these days the chalk stacks aren't going to hit, right? 
Yeah on the day you load up on them. K Davis has been in my lineup for like a week but keeps krushing it so will keep riding him.

Used a $.25 free ticket for this flyer and calling it good for today- too much bad pitching and weather.

Gray,Godley, Jansen,Alonso,Cano,Escobar,Swanson,Conforto,Jones,Lagares. Will likely have to tinker once lineups come out. 

Yeah I've already put in a Bieber/Leave with Oak/Seat $.25er early.
Good news and bad news. Even with Leake getting 6+ points I scored 171.95 and took 1st/118. Bad news is entered wrong contest so only won a $25 entry into a basketball tourney on 5/30. Still a good return on $.25 but need to make it count.

Played a Quintana/Samardja with Bos/Ariz lineup in the player appreciation freeroll that scored 112 and cashed for $5. So for the day basically won $30 on zero in.

Played a Quintana/Samardja with Bos/Ariz lineup in the player appreciation freeroll that scored 112 and cashed for $5. So for the day basically won $30 on zero in.
NIce!! 

Got trashed on FD - yeah, I played a Boston P :bag: - but a little over 2xed on DK.  

Looks like tonight will probably be chalky Oak stack night again, so I have to think about that.  I guess with 12 games, ownership might not be too crazy and it's easier to find low owned players to go with chalky stacks.   SPs don't look that stellar again tonight though.  

What's making it so tough to win on DK this year is all the bats are priced up. 3.7k is like the cheapest you can get a usefull player for where last year you could find a C or SS in the mid 2k range to help. I'm fine with paying up for studs but paying up for scrubs is tough. I've been using Cano almost every lineup as he's been one of a few usable bats in the 3.7k or less range. I've been thinking I might just throw in the cheapest C each day whether he's going to play or not just to have more money for more impactful positions. That's another reason besides being on fire that Oak bats are being used so much, they are usually cheaper than comparable players.

What's making it so tough to win on DK this year is all the bats are priced up. 3.7k is like the cheapest you can get a usefull player for where last year you could find a C or SS in the mid 2k range to help. I'm fine with paying up for studs but paying up for scrubs is tough. I've been using Cano almost every lineup as he's been one of a few usable bats in the 3.7k or less range. I've been thinking I might just throw in the cheapest C each day whether he's going to play or not just to have more money for more impactful positions. That's another reason besides being on fire that Oak bats are being used so much, they are usually cheaper than comparable players.
All of this 100%.  It also sucks that all the Cs feel like they are about 1K more than last year.  Like you said, even the ####tiest ones are 3.7K most days.  

Not sure how people are getting any studs in their LUS this year.  I feel like after I put in my SPs, I have 4.1K left, which was good last year, but this year with everybody at 3.7 and up, I feel like I can only get in 1 stud.  Dudes like Mancini and Renfroe are +4.5K?  Those were the type of guys I loaded up with in the mid 3Ks last year.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like NY, Bost, Oak, Tex, and maybe Houst will be chalky?

I guess in gpps, that means I like Philly and Seattle?  I also might put a couple odds ones together against what I think might be chalky SPs so maybe KC, White Sox or Balt?  Just doing some fun 25cent LUs tonight.  

In addition to Bos,Oak,Tex and Yanks I also like the Mets again.

At SP not thrilled about the top guys. Like Corbin but weather could be an issue so not worth the risk. Going with a mix of Thornton,Bettis,Happ and Keller. Arrietta and Giolito worth a shot too.

Between the 2 sites it was a break even night.  Won a 3man on the late slate on draft, so I guess that puts me up $1.50 on the night.   Looking at the stats I had 4 KC stacks on FD, but it was the R-R that was popping so I had 0 Gordon.  Also, my luck with cheaper SPs continued, so that didn't help my cause.   I have some time this morning, so I might try to dig a little deeper today and see if anything sticks out.  

Went with Keller as my cash SP on FD and cashed both 50/50s(+$3.20)

Played ,2 $.25ers on DK that didn't as 2nd SP and bats failed me.

Went with Keller as my cash SP on FD and cashed both 50/50s(+$3.20)

Played ,2 $.25ers on DK that didn't as 2nd SP and bats failed me.
@Raging weasel - how has Ross looked this year?  I was thinking that using both the SPs in that cold game today might be a good idea.  Could use one with Snell, or use both and load up on huge bats?

early only $1 DK SE

Snell,Pineda,Lucroy,Bird,Lowe,Diaz,Adames,Judge,Benintendi,Calhoun

have alot going on today so this may be my only play

On FD can only use Snell in the all day slate. If I get some time may play the main there and go with Strahm as my SP and load up bats.

Raging weasel said:
On FD can only use Snell in the all day slate. If I get some time may play the main there and go with Strahm as my SP and load up bats.
Keep in mind the weather looks dicey in the Oak/Tex game.

Raging weasel said:
early only $1 DK SE

Snell,Pineda,Lucroy,Bird,Lowe,Diaz,Adames,Judge,Benintendi,Calhoun

have alot going on today so this may be my only play
Missed the min cash line by 2.7. Didn't have time until just now so nothing else today.

Played the all day FD slate with 4 man Bos stack, can probably call it a loss now. 

Have a $1 DK lineup with Shoemaker/Richards with CWS+KC for later.

Tried again yesterday and hit 2 2x contests and min cashed a couple gpps on the early slate.  missed on the 25 cent entries I tried last night.  

Tonight's SPs are bad, but still have 4 WTF 25cent placeholders for the night.  I will probably try my usual of fading Coors for the most part and taking teams I like at lower ownership.  IF I remember right, I think statistically game one of a Coors series tends to underperform, but people still flock to those bats so teams like Milwaukee, Dodgers, Rays, and Mariners will be lesser owned.  Right now I am leaning towards just trying the 2 SPs in the Cin/SD game, or go super low % and try a P in the Colorado game.  

Tried 100% Cole tonight, so I think after one inning, that is not looking hot.  Good thing it was only 4 25cent entries.  

Skipped Sat due to being busy and all the weather issues. Fri just missed cashing 10x on DK by 3pts using CWS vs my Tigers, 4 times Sox bats failed me with bases loaded other than an rbi walk. Did win a $6 ticket on FD in a $.25 contest that didn't fill.

Broke on DK again other than some $.10 tickets so using 2 today. Using mostly Cubs,Mets and Wsox bats.

Happy Easter and good luck to anyone playing!

Damn.  Remember last year when we could take SPs vs Tex for the K upside?  I tried McHugh in a gpp today.  :bag:

tried a few 2xs as well, but 0 of the bats are hitting.  Had Paxton, but he was about 65% owned too.  

Damn.  Remember last year when we could take SPs vs Tex for the K upside?  I tried McHugh in a gpp today.  :bag:

tried a few 2xs as well, but 0 of the bats are hitting.  Had Paxton, but he was about 65% owned too.  
Used Stras ,Norris,McHugh and Archer but none of my bats are doing much either .

This last week I just did one $1 gpp a night on FD.  Managed to pick a good pitcher 5 of 6, and found the right hitters so the results were $2,0,4,2.5,2.5, and $3. $6 in $14 out.

Do wish coming in around 400ish out of 9000 was a bit more than 4x, but good entertainment for a dollar.

Good luck this week.

Yesterday stunk on DK.  I tried a couple on Draft as well, but I was just about all-in on Coors there (again, on the day it sucks).  

Funny enough somehow I entered myself into a $10 3man NBA draft, and as I was trying to figure out how to back out of it (if you even can), the damn thing filled and started.  I know nothing about NBA, but ended up winning by a couple points, so that got me +$17, so it offset the baseball losings the last couple days.  

Not sure if I will get to much today since I work.  Might put together a SE on my break with Sale and Musgrove and hope for the best.  

I used Musgrove in my $1 FD GPP.  Have the same thought that Sale does not seem like Sale of old, plus the weather looks terrible.

Throwing out 4 .25 lineups also.  Looking at Banuelos and Chrinos as SPs who might be able to put up points at a low cost.

May put a ST/MIL hitter line up together and hope the heat and wind create some home runs.

Still like Blackman -- he was hitting .220 and at $3600 so I used him all four games against Phil -- now hitting .286 and $4000

Mike Ford and Cole Tucker are my cheap hitters that will fill up my lineups

Good luck

Raging weasel said:
Love Musgrove today too but not ready to trust Sale yet, I paired him with Godley.
I thought of this pairing too.  Sometimes I feel weird putting 2 SPs in the same game in the same LU.  

I thought about looking into today more, but since it's a Coors slate and I was hearing Homer Bailey's name being brought up as chalky, I think I am tapping out.  

I thought about looking into today more, but since it's a Coors slate and I was hearing Homer Bailey's name being brought up as chalky, I think I am tapping out.  
Yeah, I can't use Bailey either even though stacking vs him has killed me this year. 

I like in no particular order- German,Montas,Corbin and Samardja.

For bats it's Hou,LAD,Mets,Wsox and Wash.

Trying today even though the SPs aren't that much better.  Mostly TB, Milw, Oak, and Tex bats for early.  Probably try Philly yet again on the main slate.  

Back to just one $1 GPP on FD.  Will try to be a bit different in hopes of hitting a bigger prize.   CC Sabathia, Balt and Philly bats.

Good luck

Used a $.10 ticket on DK for early gpp with Snell🤕/Felix and bats from TB and Oak- not looking good.

Also doing just a $1 gpp on FD main with Erod,2Wsox,2 Mets,benitendi and the rest Hou. 

Good luck!

Wtf is up with the SPs this year?  Winning gpp has Junis and the Cleveland dude and a KC stack vs Snell.  

I think I am throwing 2 25cent lus at a Minn stack vs Verlander tonight.  Cant be any worse than how my lus have been doing.  ;)

Raging weasel said:
Used a $.10 ticket on DK for early gpp with Snell🤕/Felix and bats from TB and Oak- not looking good.

Also doing just a $1 gpp on FD main with Erod,2Wsox,2 Mets,benitendi and the rest Hou. 

Good luck!
Only missed cash by 3+ despite Snell sucking. Seems lately I pick the right cheap SP but the guy I pay up for bombs.

Had some good ideas- had a lot of AZ, Phiily, and most of my SP combos on DK were Verlander/Means, but didn't have all the ideas in the same LU.  Oh well, up $2 which is a lot better than the last couple days.  

I think from now on, at least one of my gpps will just be a stack vs what I think a highly owned sp will be.  That was the only reason I had a couple AZ stacks tonight. 

Just doing FD unless I collect another free ticket .

At SP tonight like Nola,Tanaka for cash and Smith or Bauer for gpp. Bos bats are a must and probably Seat too. Tigers have pounded Porcello since he left if I recall so using them and cheap Yanks to fill in the holes. Ramerez is too cheap even with a tough matchup imo so locking him in my cash lineups.

Users who are viewing this thread