What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The Wonderlic Test: How do you match up? (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
Do the Full test

I took it, and almost all of my questions were math.  My buddy (who is a math genius) took it and he said he got almost all critical thinking.  So it truly is random.  

I got a 22.  Stupid math.  :angry:

I took it the other night and got a 42.  But I was pretty boozed up so probably in the 30s in real life.

I feel like I should've been docked points for not realizing I had to boogie through that test.  Not that I was taking a ton of time on each question, but I definitely wasn't rushing.  I got to the 25th question and ran out of time.  

I feel like I should've been docked points for not realizing I had to boogie through that test.  Not that I was taking a ton of time on each question, but I definitely wasn't rushing.  I got to the 25th question and ran out of time.  
I got a couple of "what's the next entry in the following sequence" questions that I just submitted a blank response to, because I knew I was going to waste too much time figuring it out.  I ended up getting cut off after question 49.

Also, I hate the questions that ask about which of the following doesn't belong or something similar.  I've had these on SAT and IQ tests and I've come up with answers that aren't options or find two answers.  To me, this means the question is flawed.  For example, the one I had on this test was something like this:

Which one of this is different than the others:

1) Boat

2) Auto

3) Bike

4) Cart

5) Wheelbarrow

Well, number 5 has more than 4 letters.  But 1 doesn't have wheels.  So which is it?

You scored a 23. You're smarter than Brett Favre, he scored a 22.

By brain is slow and can't work through these fast enough. 

Also, I hate the questions that ask about which of the following doesn't belong or something similar.  I've had these on SAT and IQ tests and I've come up with answers that aren't options or find two answers.  To me, this means the question is flawed.  For example, the one I had on this test was something like this:

Which one of this is different than the others:

1) Boat

2) Auto

3) Bike

4) Cart

5) Wheelbarrow

Well, number 5 has more than 4 letters.  But 1 doesn't have wheels.  So which is it?

tried to do it while working so timed out...

You scored a 44. You're smarter than Eric Decker, he scored a 43.

You scored a 45.  You're smarter than Eric Decker, he scored a 43.  

Timed out after question 49.  

I didn't skip any because I had 12 minutes and only had to answer 50 questions.  So that's like 5 questions a minute.  
Some questions were more involved than others.  I had one with a bunch of scrambled letters and had to type in the word.  I spent about 5 seconds then typed pass - If it did not some to me right away, then it was wasting my time for questions I could answer.  Now, as it turns out - I had extra time - and would have gone back to that if permissible.

But, its bad test strategy to get stuck on a single question in a timed test, where that could cost you time to answer several other questions you know.

Some questions were more involved than others.  I had one with a bunch of scrambled letters and had to type in the word.  I spent about 5 seconds then typed pass - If it did not some to me right away, then it was wasting my time for questions I could answer.  Now, as it turns out - I had extra time - and would have gone back to that if permissible.

But, its bad test strategy to get stuck on a single question in a timed test, where that could cost you time to answer several other questions you know.
The funny thing is, I made those numbers up as a joke to prove I was bad at math.  But now I've gone back and actually done the math and it turns out my "ridiculous" guess wasn't that far off, totally negating my attempt at humor.  Once again, math ruins everything.  :angry:

32.  Matt Ryan.  I skipped two of the word jumbles at the beginning for time purposes.  I wonder if they can go back in the real Wonderlic

This would be incredibly easier on paper as opposed to my cruddy laptop where I have to scroll with the mouse pad and then can't skip past something that I immediately know I would prefer to come to last.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Scored a 20 then a 40 just by being more prepared to scroll and move the mouse around better.  Damn near impossible to answer all the questions this way.  That and the 1-2 seconds before the next question pops up.  

You scored a 43. You're as smart as Eric Decker, he scored a 43.

Wide receiver Eric Decker broke the 1,000 yard barrier in 2013 with the Denver Broncos.

After I spent too much time on the first "unscramble these letters to find the word ", I skipped the next two immediately.  

But, I finished before time ran out. :shrug:

I got a couple of "what's the next entry in the following sequence" questions that I just submitted a blank response to, because I knew I was going to waste too much time figuring it out.  I ended up getting cut off after question 49.
Yep. I got a 25, but it was only getting through half the questions. I only skipped one but I definitely wasn’t paying enough attention to the time so I know I had to have wasted a bunch of time instead of skipping a question that I might know because it wasn’t time efficient. I was more tempted by getting the right answer than moving fast.

Interesting because if I did it again (or practiced like an NFL player likely would), I would have answered differently and skipped more.

Second attempt still on phone no pen and paper.

You scored a 28. You're as smart as Drew Brees, he scored a 28.

are players allowed to skip questions and come back to them?

A lot of the questions only take a few seconds so would be a lot easier to answer those and then go back to the others after.

Users who are viewing this thread