Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Zyphros

WR Preston Williams - Dolphins

2 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I only play dynasty so I was referring to rookie pick value, but Preston Williams is a good name to know for sure.  Even more so if they solve the QB problem next year in what appears to be a good draft for QB talent.  Or if you believe in Rosen then it's not a bad investment into skill position players that will grow into what could be a surprise team in 2020 with some solid pieces forming now.  

If you're talking redraft, I say no, none are draft worthy in the top10 rounds though.  

FYI - I believe Miami will give Rosen 2 years so don’t see them as drafting Qb next year.  Why draft dynasty guys on teams when you have multiple question marks.  The chances of everything working out are minimal.  

10 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I only play dynasty so I was referring to rookie pick value, but Preston Williams is a good name to know for sure.  Even more so if they solve the QB problem next year in what appears to be a good draft for QB talent.  Or if you believe in Rosen then it's not a bad investment into skill position players that will grow into what could be a surprise team in 2020 with some solid pieces forming now.  

If you're talking redraft, I say no, none are draft worthy in the top10 rounds though.  

It’s a lot of ifs to pay off on the above.  

I took him at 5.11 a few weeks ago thanks to this thread. I am interested in what this kid has to show us. I went receiver heavy in my rookie draft (Isabella, JJAW, D. Johnson, and P Williams), so if he hits, I will come back and thank you guys for sure. 

Edited by drunkb

Got him at pick 78 in early May.  At that spot I was debating between him and a rb (who I ended up getting with my next pick) and took him because of his college production, size, upside and lack of anyone that has been very productive on the Dolphins roster. Parker has been teasing for 4 years and that's long enough to know about him.

Preston Williams secured just one-of-six targets for seven yards in the Dolphins’ second preseason game Friday against the Buccaneers.

Williams obliterated the Falcons in last week’s preseason opener (4-97-0 on five targets), but he didn’t do anything of the sort Friday as the Bucs stonewalled him at every turn. Some of the wounds were self-inflicted as Williams dropped a pair of freebies. The undrafted rookie nearly came down with a miraculous touchdown off a deflection but was ruled out of bounds. This was undoubtedly a setback, though Williams’ roster odds are still looking good heading into next week’s dress rehearsal game against Jacksonville.

Aug 16, 2019, 11:18 PM ET

On 8/15/2019 at 8:40 PM, stlrams said:

FYI - I believe Miami will give Rosen 2 years so don’t see them as drafting Qb next year.  Why draft dynasty guys on teams when you have multiple question marks.  The chances of everything working out are minimal.  

Because you draft the best player available

34 minutes ago, Skeletore Eh said:

Because you draft the best player available

Best player available on one the worst teams?

25 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Best player available on one the worst teams?

Coulda said the same about Chubb and Baker with Cleveland a year ago. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cobbler1 said:

Coulda said the same about Chubb and Baker with Cleveland a year ago. 

Maybe but I think most people paying close attention saw Cleveland was close to turning the corner. 

On ‎8‎/‎15‎/‎2019 at 7:40 PM, stlrams said:

Typically even bad teams will give you guys of value. 

Tomlinson was a fantasy stud despite the Chargers being bad for multiple years. 

I would say that the New York Giants have a lot of questions now, and most people have Saquon as the #1 overall player. 

Look at how bad the Cardinals were last year.  In 0.5 ppr leagues, Fitzgerald finished as WR 27 with 69 catches, 734 yards and 6 TD's.  Say that in 2-3 years, Preston Williams only gives you those numbers.  Are you sad that your 2nd or 3rd round rookie pick only turned out to be a WR3? 

Edited by jm192

NFL Beat Writers @32BeatWriters

Preston Williams looks like a grown ### man out there.

Joe Schad @schadjoe

🦄 Preston Williams 🦄 made a SPECTACULAR play going into the end zone at Tampa Bay. He tapped the ball into the air, spun and grabbed it. But he was ruled to have stepped out of bounds.

Edited by Faust

On 8/15/2019 at 7:40 PM, stlrams said:

Who are you drafting in the 5th round of rookie drafts that doesn't have multiple question marks?  Even first rounders have multiple question marks. 

WRs also don't need to be on a good team.  They can be on a terrible team and still be fine in terms of counting stats.  Being on a bad team can be good if it means soft defenses and comeback mode at the end of every game. 

Same thing with marquise brown this year.   He’s being discounted cuz of Lamar Jackson.   If Jackson doesn’t improve as a passer he won’t be the qb in two years.   At that point brown will still be 24 years old.  Same thing with Williams.   The dolphins do stink today, but if they don’t turn it around in a year or two there will be a new regime and Williams will still only be 24  

less talented players drafted ahead of these two will be out of the league/backups in two years 

you draft the best player available and let everything else work itself out

• Like 1