What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (2 Viewers)

I agree with what you're saying but this is a meteoric rise from UDFA to possibly starting WR in one preseason. Preston Williams already has flashed elite traits in preseason games and been tearing it up in camp. He's going to out snap Parker fairly quickly in games and by midseason he'll be starting. Dude looks like a legit #1 WR to me. It's going to be bumpy this year with a few big games but next year they will likely be drafting #1 and there will be an elite QB. 

Preston Williams is a buy in dynasty right now. 
Agree. Love the upside. Parker is a bum. But they incredibly extended him and he will get a lot of chances first this season. 

Yet they extended him two years. Mind boggling. 
They did and it is mind boggling. Probably because nobody wants to play for them. 

Question though, do you really think Parker is going to do anything to keep Preston Williams off the field. I think he might do the exact opposite and do something that gets Preston on the field. 

They did and it is mind boggling. Probably because nobody wants to play for them. 

Question though, do you really think Parker is going to do anything to keep Preston Williams off the field. I think he might do the exact opposite and do something that gets Preston on the field. 
The politics of $$$$ also plays a big factor. He will get plenty of chances.....again to be the starter. Williams will get chances too.....again all I am saying is this season you really have to temper your expectations of Williams being anything more than a WR4 on a FF squad. 2020 and beyond.....future looks good. If he keeps his nose clean.

UDFA to basically starting WR in one preseason. He could be special......
Have you not been paying attention the past 8 months of me on here?  

I actually joke about that, cause the offense is horrendous and even if he plays he’s not much more than a flex option for now.  If he passes Parker then game on though. 

Have you not been paying attention the past 8 months of me on here?  

I actually joke about that, cause the offense is horrendous and even if he plays he’s not much more than a flex option for now.  If he passes Parker then game on though. 
You shouldn't be worried about Parker. 

I’m worried in the sense he’s more polished and knows the offense better.  Just by how they play, no I’m not worried.
Yeah I see that but this season is lost before it starts. They want to develop PW. QB already throwing to him a ton......but I understand what you're thinking. 

Miami hosted Eli Rogers today
That's an odd player to bring in if you assume both Wilson and Grant are best suited for the slot... Rogers can't do anything else.

Seems like both Grant and Wilson would have been used in the slot if not for Amendola last year? 

That's an odd player to bring in if you assume both Wilson and Grant are best suited for the slot... Rogers can't do anything else.

Seems like both Grant and Wilson would have been used in the slot if not for Amendola last year? 
They are trying to downgrade their WR position perhaps?

It is not an easy task but maybe Rodgers could do that for them.

So how far has Parker fallen in the eyes of dynasty owners? I need to make a drop to get a kicker in one of my PPR leagues (where I own Preston of course) and have offered Parker in trade to 6 owners for a kicker, straight up, and have been rejected 4 times so far. He's literally not worth a kicker in most owner's eyes. So yeah, I'd say there is NOTHING in front of the Unicorn! ;)  

So how far has Parker fallen in the eyes of dynasty owners? I need to make a drop to get a kicker in one of my PPR leagues (where I own Preston of course) and have offered Parker in trade to 6 owners for a kicker, straight up, and have been rejected 4 times so far. He's literally not worth a kicker in most owner's eyes. So yeah, I'd say there is NOTHING in front of the Unicorn! ;)  
I think thats absurd.  I realize Parker has been a huge bust, but there is no denying that he has shown flashes, albeit mostly in preseason games.  His work habits are apprently terrible and he lacks toughness, which keeps him on the sidelines a lot.  But, it is possible that he is now seeing the truth which is that his god-given talent that has taken him all the way to this level is not enough to succeed at this level.  He has to put in the work.  Although its not likely it is possible that these truths have finally been recognized, and if they are, he is still the same extremely talented guy that was drafted in the first round a few years ago.  I would give him at least a month in this new system before I cut him - which is essentially what you are doing if you trade him for a kicker.  I have been playing FFB for 25 years and I cannot recall a kicker ever being traded.  May have happened during a bye week or something, but if it did, I dont remember it.  Kickers not named Tucker or Gostkowski have nearly no value whatsoever IMO, and I am not sure I would trade any actual players for either of them unless my option was to cut them.  That is certainly an option for Parker - but not one that I am ready for yet personally.

ETA - He has shown a lot more potential than guys like Treadwell and Doctsun ever showed, so I dont put him in that same category personally.  Those guys have kicker value possibly.  New staff just signed him for 2 more years in the same offseason that they unloaded pretty much everyone else.  They see something.  They may be just as bad as the previous regimes that saw something, but they get to see hm every day and they determined that he was worthy of an extension.

Last edited by a moderator:
ChuckLiddell I agree completely. I think sometimes guys in these leagues reject offers just to be difficult. Parker IS still a first round pick, still young, and he's absolutely worth more than a kicker. I'll end up likely dropping him and picking up a kicker off waivers but for the life of me can't see why others wouldn't take him on for this price! But my only other option to drop is Ian Thomas, and I'm not sure Olsen can make it through the first month much less the season so I figured I'm better off keeping him and dropping Parker. Wish I could hold him honestly. But my leagues require a full lineup and I HAVE to get a kicker. 

Miami hosted Eli Rogers today
Let's pretend that Williams is the last of the WRs (by the way, he probably isn't) and they sign Rogers.  Are the Dolphins dumb enough to actually waive and think he'll get to the PS?  How many teams would put in a waiver to claim him?  I know the last WR on the Seahawks wouldn't last--they would snag him up ASAP.  (Dreams of Russ tossing deep balls to Preston...)

Let's pretend that Williams is the last of the WRs (by the way, he probably isn't) and they sign Rogers.  Are the Dolphins dumb enough to actually waive and think he'll get to the PS?  How many teams would put in a waiver to claim him?  I know the last WR on the Seahawks wouldn't last--they would snag him up ASAP.  (Dreams of Russ tossing deep balls to Preston...)
I don't think they are that dumb. They did sit him during the last preseason game, I think that's a good sign. 

Which kickers were you targeting? 

biju said:
I think Rogers only poses a potential threat to 🦄 getting more targets in 2019. Not at all concerned about them cutting him

The ultimate value play. Guy is going to be crazy good. 
He's listed as 2nd string behind only legit bust Devante Parker. He honestly has a chance to out snap him week one. Like basically he could go from UDFA to defacto starter in one TC. 

This coaching staff is head over heels for this kid. 

I drafted this dude in probably 15/18 redraft leagues.  I think he could be like Colton's rookie year and steal of the draft.  He definitely has that type of upside, especially if Fitzmagic comes out hot and has a connection with this kid.  For a 17+ round pick, you can't do any better!

A gimpy Wilson, Jakeem Grant and Gesicki are what's in front of him. Not a lot of hurdles to get some consistent targets if he can perform. Kind of also makes me think Gesicki could have some redraft value if he can make a 2nd year improvement. 

In a league where I'm hurting at WR, I'm rolling the dice on 🦄 as my WR3 over the likes of JJAW, Gabriel, Deebo, Enunwa... All Aboard!

The problem is if Fitzmagic can stay alive long enough to throw the ball with his Oline. I'd probably lean JJ for week 1 but it can't be a huge mistake I'm sure.

I drafted this dude in probably 15/18 redraft leagues.  I think he could be like Colton's rookie year and steal of the draft.  He definitely has that type of upside, especially if Fitzmagic comes out hot and has a connection with this kid.  For a 17+ round pick, you can't do any better!
Maybe if his QB was Drew Brees and not Ryan Fitzpatrick/Josh Rosen.

Maybe if his QB was Drew Brees and not Ryan Fitzpatrick/Josh Rosen.
Fitz isn't a franchise QB, but the man had the most yards per completion or attempt, almost 300 yards per game, 4th most last year. Granted, he had better receivers. But Fitz can throw the rock.

Fitz isn't a franchise QB, but the man had the most yards per completion or attempt, almost 300 yards per game, 4th most last year. Granted, he had better receivers. But Fitz can throw the rock.
Exactly. Adding to that, we've seen plenty of WRs post viable stats with bad QBs. Bortles was a garbage time king and carried some lesser WRs with him in the process. Weak teams playing from behind are good for pass catchers and it's tough to say any pass catcher on the MIA roster is clearly worthy of (or expected to see) more targets. 

Very interested to see his snap count the first 4-5 games. I want to see him out snapping the rest of the WR. 

Dang...he is available in both of my leagues...right now...

Where do you guys rank him among the WR3/WR4 crowd?

Dang...he is available in both of my leagues...right now...

Where do you guys rank him among the WR3/WR4 crowd?
He’s a lottery ticket which is why he was drafted in the final rounds. Who are the last two WRs you drafted?  I’ll tell you who I would prefer .

He’s a lottery ticket which is why he was drafted in the final rounds. Who are the last two WRs you drafted?  I’ll tell you who I would prefer .
Metcalf...Seatle

Smith...NO

Miller Chi

Then I have some RB's like Darwin Thompson, J Hill Balt...

Brady

Andrews at backup TE (Hooper)

I don't want this to become an Assistant Coach post..........but it is helpful.

Metcalf...Seatle

Smith...NO

Miller Chi

Then I have some RB's like Darwin Thompson, J Hill Balt...

Brady

Andrews at backup TE (Hooper)

I don't want this to become an Assistant Coach post..........but it is helpful.
tough. I almost said Miller, but I think Miller could post better stats. I'm just really low on Miller.

Dont drop Metcalf, Thompson, Hill

tough. I almost said Miller, but I think Miller could post better stats. I'm just really low on Miller.

Dont drop Metcalf, Thompson, Hill
Basically what I was gonna post.  If it were me, I'd probably drop Miller for him but that's about it.  Keep the RBs for sure.  I'm not a huge fan of Andrews either but that's tough.

Omar Kelly @OmarKelly

Trading Kenny Stills to Houston opened the door for Preston Williams to become a full-fledged starter his rookie season. I'm not expecting him to leapfrog DeVante Parker or Jakeem Grant on the depth chart and playing rotation, but the Dolphins do need to get him some snaps.

Users who are viewing this thread