What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (1 Viewer)

I drafted this dude in probably 15/18 redraft leagues.  I think he could be like Colton's rookie year and steal of the draft.  He definitely has that type of upside, especially if Fitzmagic comes out hot and has a connection with this kid.  For a 17+ round pick, you can't do any better!
:pickle:

Snap counts

Parker 38 76%

PW 21 42%

It will be interesting to see how the snap counts change the next 5-6 weeks.......

Close to a huge day but got the ball jarred loose from a big hit. 

Snap counts

Parker 38 76%

PW 21 42%

It will be interesting to see how the snap counts change the next 5-6 weeks.......

Pretty sure it's obvious that the snap count is going up

Preston Williams wants ‘many more’ touchdowns following his first in Dolphins debut

Excerpt:

Miami Dolphins rookie receiver Preston Williams made his defender fall down in his tracks, had a world of wide open space around him in the end zone, and caught a fastball from quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick that had so much momentum Williams needed to tip toe the back of the end zone.

The Dolphins season opener — and debuts of Williams and Fitzpatrick with the team — were historically bad by franchise standards.

But their touchdown connection was the brightest moment in Sunday’s 59-10 season-opening loss to the Baltimore Ravensat Hard Rock Stadium.

“Coach drew up a good play we’ve been working on all week, and it just worked out perfectly,” said Williams, the undrafted rookie out of Colorado State, who finished with three catches for 24 yards in his first NFL game.

Williams’ six-yard touchdown catch from Fitzpatrick came with 13 seconds remaining in the first half.

It was the only touchdown Miami scored in its season opener, which included Fitzpatrick’s start at quarterback.

Williams’ touchdown helped atone for a drop he had earlier in the game on a pass from Fitzpatrick that could have quickly ignited Miami’s offense early during the blowout loss.

But Williams is looking forward to more connections with his starter during his rookie season.

“It’s an honor getting my first touchdown pass from Fitz. Fitz took me under his wing since I been here so it means a lot,” Williams said.

“I’m excited. I want many more now. I just have to keep working.”

Snap counts

Parker 38 76%

PW 21 42%

Hurns also outsnapped him by quite a bit but undrafted rookie in his 1st game. I'm not too worried.

Just some information from the ground down here in Miami/South Florida

-It was widely discussed by the locals and those paid professionals covering the team that PW had the best camp outside of Xavien Howard so there really isn't a surprise that they are going to try and let him play. 

-I want to stress this for those that have a stake in the Phins, they are on a mission to go 0-16, this is about as bad of a football team I've ever seen. They let go of a quality LT on the eve of the season opener, that locker room thought he and other young quality players would be the building blocks, not the sacrificial lambs to get all remaining talent out of here...I've never seen a team trade Starting LT-WR-MLB just a couple days before the start of the season, all three of those players are leaders in the locker room. 

-Don't forget what they did to Stills for speaking out...Flores thought it amusing to play about 10 Jay-Z songs during practice...I could make a Nazi reference here but you get the idea. Flores wanted to send a message who was in charge and they watched Stills flushed from the team. Nobody is above being cut on this roster. 

-They have nothing invested in PW, he's a great story but they don't need to show case him and if even looks like he could win a game or two for them they will figure out a way to limit his output. I believe players are correct that even the game plan was vanilla and not really set up to beat anyone. 

Be very careful in making too many plans with this guy, some of you might have a lottery ticket in dynasty, good for you but overall I just would not put a lot into anything the Phins are doing at the moment. I expect a full mutiny soon including a fan base that quite honestly is naive and still believed the Phins would win 4-5 games this year and bounce back. This is now a 3-5 year minimum rebuild, it's going to be ugly for a long time, NOT just one year. Don't trust that you have a beat on the owner, GM/Pres-Chris Grier or the new HC-Flores. I understood Flores to have a 5 year fully guaranteed contract and was made aware they planned on losing for a high QB Draft Lottery Ticket...let's see how that feels in Week 8 because that's when the schedule really picks up. And oh btw they have the NE Patriots coming in with newly found WR Antonio Brown.    

Last edited by a moderator:
I love how they "punished" Stills by trading him to a contender with a very good QB. 

Watch the whole team protest next week.  Can I get traded, too? 

Also, why would fans be upset if the team is going to win 0 game instead of 5?  If my team doesn't make the playoffs I want them winning as few games as possible to get those sweet, sweet high draft picks. 

I love how they "punished" Stills by trading him to a contender with a very good QB. 

Watch the whole team protest next week.  Can I get traded, too? 

Also, why would fans be upset if the team is going to win 0 game instead of 5?  If my team doesn't make the playoffs I want them winning as few games as possible to get those sweet, sweet high draft picks. 
I understand that's how you feel and easy to twist things into "trading to a contender"...same time when you look back at the Jay-Z situation on the heels of the Ross fundrasier, it's possible you might not be aware of some of the off field issues that snow balled. But going back to how Flores treated Stills or decided to handle things...it was pretty cold and then traded last minute like he was thrown in as a bag of donuts. People or NFL fans of other teams can say/feel however they like but the pulse down here has a different tone IMO. I also understand the NFL fans that would not back Kenny Stills and his outspoken vocal criticism of the man who signs his pay checks, that takes big cajones or downright stupidity...judging by what's left of the Phins it might be the latter so I'm not out of touch with your POV. 

Wife just whispered in my ear as I'm typing "Who's Kitten Mittens?" 😂 

I’m fully confident they won’t have to limit Preston Williams to ensure they don’t win a game 
Yeah or trade a top-10 LT, starting WR, starting ILB on the eve of the season. I expect Rashad Jones to be gone in about a week or less...they're rolling with nothing in their front-7. If you get a chance to watch the first quarter or even first half of the Phins game...they didn't need to put a single ball in the air. They were running at will thru Miami. 

Miami has clearly taken huge steps to LOSE FOOTBALL GAMES even as recently as the last week leading up to the start of the NFL season, don't discount the level of ineptness they can display. 

Bully-Gate ring a bell? This is the team that brought you a 4th year of Dumbo as Head Coach before inserting Dan Campbell who ran the Oklahoma Drill to lead off practice that week, they beat the Titans like 41-0 or something, they quickly got him out of town end of season and hired Adam Gase. 

-Jay Cutler, DeVante Parker-1st Round, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Charles Harris-1st Round,  just don't discount one of the worst run franchises in professional football. 

I’m fully confident they won’t have to limit Preston Williams to ensure they don’t win a game 
Yeah unless he grabs 7 TDs in a game they're not winning anything.

*checks notes and realizes 7 TDs wouldn't have been enough vs Baltimore*

You want the Phins down 35+.......the D will back off and play soft and the Phins will throw all the time. 

Count me as one of those who wants no part of the Miami offense. They're awful. 

Count me as one of those who wants no part of the Miami offense. They're awful. 
For the most part, yes, but they’re not going to be shut out all the time and will likely be throwing the ball all day long. 

Gross from an NFL standpoint, but may have some value fantasy wise.

For the most part, yes, but they’re not going to be shut out all the time and will likely be throwing the ball all day long. 

Gross from an NFL standpoint, but may have some value fantasy wise.
I've found there's a weird arrhythmic way that garbage time works, too. I don't trust it. Too much weirdness in actual operation. I wonder if that's quantifiable in any way. 

I've found there's a weird arrhythmic way that garbage time works, too. I don't trust it. Too much weirdness in actual operation. I wonder if that's quantifiable in any way. 
Yeah, I feel like it’s more appealing for fantasy owners knowing that a team will be down 14+ points during 2nd halves rather than a mediocre team being stuck in close games most of the year. 

Maybe it’s just that Blake Bortles season that I still can’t get out of my head lol

Yeah, I feel like it’s more appealing for fantasy owners knowing that a team will be down 14+ points during 2nd halves rather than a mediocre team being stuck in close games most of the year. 

Maybe it’s just that Blake Bortles season that I still can’t get out of my head lol
The one with ARob and Hurns?

Yes

IIRC Bortles 4th quarter stats that year were fantastic and the Jags were usually trailing by double digits in those games. 

Could be my selective memory of course.
No, that sounds right. I think they exploded for yards when games were shootouts and they were losing. 

Williams need Fitzpatrick to play, since he kept many plays alive with scrambling ability and pocket presence. Rosen can scramble, but he hangs onto the ball too long, doesn't make quick decisions and he was late with throws. Rosen has the stronger arm - which he showed on a few nice throws in preseason - but Preston's stats will be better with Fitzpatrick. The thinking on talk radio is that Rosen starts in week 6 after the bye in a home game vs Washington. 

started from the bottom, now we're here...
I honestly don't believe he ever started on the bottom.  He got to camp and there were instant raves about him.  His immediate playing time is near close to the same as what you normallly see from 4th-6th round draft picks if they show out right away.  

I honestly don't believe he ever started on the bottom.  He got to camp and there were instant raves about him.  His immediate playing time is near close to the same as what you normallly see from 4th-6th round draft picks if they show out right away.  
He's quoting Drake. 

Don't sell now.  This is likely to explode. 

Miami needs a story.  They need a story badly. Something for the fans, AND the players. 

The players have to feel like the Dolphins are hurting their future career prospects by tanking so badly that it will be harder to put good individual play on film. 

Rosen would be the best story, but man is it going to be hard for QBs to not look terrible in this offense prior to garbage time.  Williams has a chance to be the success story and a right-now positive thing for the team who is otherwise waiting on next year. 

I'm starting Preston in a couple of leagues this week.  He is the perfect receiver to throw to when trailing big and they will be trailing big this week against the Patriots.  Just loft it up and hope he comes down with it.  The Dolphins could put up some massive garbage time stats this year with Preston being the biggest beneficiary.

I hope everyone who is high on Preston in 2019 gets to watch the game today. 

The Phins were torn apart by a good but not necessarily a great team in Baltimore at home last week in the 100 degree heat and humidity of a 1:00 Sept game(At one time, a huge advantage for MIami)...what's going to happen vs New England today? The Phins have no pass protection and cannot sustain drives. They don't have a starting OL that could start for any of the other 31 teams so they can't run the football and sustain any drives. 

I have nothing to root against Preston although if Miami loses 60-20 and Preston has 120 yds and a TD, you folks are going to do cart wheels so I understand my feelings about the overall Miami team mean zero to most PW owners...but if he ends up being a swing and a miss don't get upset. He has plenty of talent, so does Minkah Fitzpatrick the 1.11 in  last years NFL Draft is begging to get out of here because they won't even game plan to his strengths...what do you think they will do with the Unicorn? 

Good Luck today, hope he nets you at least 50 and a score to make it worth your while. 

They have to throw to someone, and I'll be doing more than just cartwheels if he goes off.  Watch out neighbors, I'll be streaking.  

We know Parker is not good at football. I think PW is going to get the targets.......what he does with those is anybody's guess......

I'm going with Chark over the Unicorn at my WR3 spot but it's tough. Good luck everyone that starts him. I can def see the logic. 

Users who are viewing this thread