What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (1 Viewer)

Rosen actually leads the league in average depth of target this year when he's been in. 
I might be wrong but I'm looking at it physiologically. Rosen is trying to impress and keep this starting job into next year. Fitzmagic is just a gunslinger out there having fun. 

I might be wrong but I'm looking at it physiologically. Rosen is trying to impress and keep this starting job into next year. Fitzmagic is just a gunslinger out there having fun. 
True, and it's a small sample size anyway. But isn't Rosen sort of an emotional ball swinger? Can't imagine him being timid. 

If I’m Rosen I’m trying to get as many big throws on tape as possible. It may not be possible given the lack of offense of line talent but he may be auditioning for his third team in three years anyway.

If I’m Rosen I’m trying to get as many big throws on tape as possible. It may not be possible given the lack of offense of line talent but he may be auditioning for his third team in three years anyway.
Deep throws or highest QB rating you can get?

Deep throws or highest QB rating you can get?
 I mean big play throws not necessarily deep but tight window throws in contested coverage throws where only the receiver can get to it. 

I want to show people that I had the art talent to succeed in the league and I was just on two dumpster fire teams in a row. 

I mean big play throws not necessarily deep but tight window throws in contested coverage throws where only the receiver can get to it. 

I want to show people that I had the art talent to succeed in the league and I was just on two dumpster fire teams in a row. 
I partially agree with you with but we differ on how. 

He is liking auditioning for a new team and he absolutely wants to show he can make all the throws. Just don't feel the best way to go about that is throwing up jump balls to Preston Williams all the time or more than Fitzpatrick would.

I hope you're right though lol. 

not sure where I stand on Rosen. not sure I really care tbh. I think 🦄 has proven a lot already. Rosen might be better with better accuracy. 

I'd day I'm mostly excited to see if Rosen and 🦄 have a promising future together or if I need to hope for Tua next year (personally hes not my qb1)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just some information from the ground down here in Miami/South Florida

-It was widely discussed by the locals and those paid professionals covering the team that PW had the best camp outside of Xavien Howard so there really isn't a surprise that they are going to try and let him play. 

-I want to stress this for those that have a stake in the Phins, they are on a mission to go 0-16, this is about as bad of a football team I've ever seen. They let go of a quality LT on the eve of the season opener, that locker room thought he and other young quality players would be the building blocks, not the sacrificial lambs to get all remaining talent out of here...I've never seen a team trade Starting LT-WR-MLB just a couple days before the start of the season, all three of those players are leaders in the locker room. 

-Don't forget what they did to Stills for speaking out...Flores thought it amusing to play about 10 Jay-Z songs during practice...I could make a Nazi reference here but you get the idea. Flores wanted to send a message who was in charge and they watched Stills flushed from the team. Nobody is above being cut on this roster. 

-They have nothing invested in PW, he's a great story but they don't need to show case him and if even looks like he could win a game or two for them they will figure out a way to limit his output. I believe players are correct that even the game plan was vanilla and not really set up to beat anyone. 

Be very careful in making too many plans with this guy, some of you might have a lottery ticket in dynasty, good for you but overall I just would not put a lot into anything the Phins are doing at the moment. I expect a full mutiny soon including a fan base that quite honestly is naive and still believed the Phins would win 4-5 games this year and bounce back. This is now a 3-5 year minimum rebuild, it's going to be ugly for a long time, NOT just one year. Don't trust that you have a beat on the owner, GM/Pres-Chris Grier or the new HC-Flores. I understood Flores to have a 5 year fully guaranteed contract and was made aware they planned on losing for a high QB Draft Lottery Ticket...let's see how that feels in Week 8 because that's when the schedule really picks up. And oh btw they have the NE Patriots coming in with newly found WR Antonio Brown.    
And Flores opts not to challenge what looks like it might have been a TD.

Preston Williams caught 4-of-12 targets for 68 yards in the Dolphins' Week 3 loss to the Cowboys.

Williams lived up to the hype of being Josh Rosen's favorite target after the duo's summer work together, though he cost them by dropping what should have been a 15-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Williams could not complete the process of a catch as the ball was slowly jarred from his grasp in the end zone. Williams has cleared 60 yards in back-to-back games. Even in the Dolphins' dismal offense, he has some WR5 appeal.

Injuries are going to put this guy in my starting lineup for a dynasty league and I’m pretty excited about him. I’m hoping Rosen continues to target him like today.

12 targets, I can't even force myself to watch that game however.  Was Rosen that bad and off target on a lot of those?  Or was it Preston's fault for not catching some?  Other than the dropped TD I mean.  

12 targets, I can't even force myself to watch that game however.  Was Rosen that bad and off target on a lot of those?  Or was it Preston's fault for not catching some?  Other than the dropped TD I mean.  
he caught a TD the coach refused to challenge i believe 

Preston Williams caught 4-of-12 targets for 68 yards in the Dolphins' Week 3 loss to the Cowboys.

Williams lived up to the hype of being Josh Rosen's favorite target after the duo's summer work together, though he cost them by dropping what should have been a 15-yard touchdown in the second quarter. Williams could not complete the process of a catch as the ball was slowly jarred from his grasp in the end zone. Williams has cleared 60 yards in back-to-back games. Even in the Dolphins' dismal offense, he has some WR5 appeal.

Sep 22, 2019, 7:14 PM ET

aren't all scoring plays reviewed or did that change?
I assume it was ruled no catch, so no auto-review. Coaches would then have to challenge that the non-catch call was incorrect.
He didn’t complete the process

HC didn’t think it would be overturned 

He said in the locker room later he realized if he’d have just sat down it would have been a TD

Users who are viewing this thread