What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (2 Viewers)

He could be an offseason darling whose value just keeps rising all offseason, especially if the Fins don't bring in anyone through FA or Draft.  Even if they do he will be fine, but if they don't, perception will go wild. 
I don't disagree, but I fully expect the Dolphins to significantly upgrade their WR situation rather than rely on Williams and Parker. While ACL injuries aren't what they used to be due to medical technology, I can't see the team waiting on Williams, who may very well not be 100% by the beginning of the season. Net/net, Williams clearly has a lot of promise even if fully recovered, but he'll probably have some significant competition for 2020.

Anyone going to try and buy in dynasty?
Yup if I had any opportunity to buy I'd be doing it.  I own him everywhere though.  I'm paying 2nd rounders rather easily, maybe I can get away with 2 3rd's, or something cheaper like that the closer we get to rookie draft season.  

I can put him on my IR and then keep him there until next season. But, is he worth it or should I instead pick up Miller, RB or McKinnon, RB and stash one of them? I am torn as to who would be more valuable in 2020????

I can put him on my IR and then keep him there until next season. But, is he worth it or should I instead pick up Miller, RB or McKinnon, RB and stash one of them? I am torn as to who would be more valuable in 2020????
Lamar Miller?  Preston is easily worth more than both of those RB's IMO.  But I'm bias.  

SoBeDad said:
Flores is being second guessed for putting a 6' 5" wr on PR, after after speedy Jakeem Grant was cleared to play. 
He had to do something to make sure this guy didn't single handedly win too many games, once his 2 TDs secured a certain victory for Miami vs the Jets, Flores had to pull a Frank Underwood quickly. 

robb said:
Pretty easy choice for me. Miller / McKinnon have never been highly regarded by me, though. Still, setting aside my personal opinion, it's a high upside WR that looks like he was vastly undervalued vs. older, high mileage RBs that haven't ever been as good as expected.

Anyone going to try and buy in dynasty?
Im not against buying, but this is the worst time to do it. His value will only go down as the synapses in peoples' brains forces the name 'Preston Williams' into subconcience. I'll try to buy him after the Dolphins select a WR in the draft. 

Preston Williams (knee) said he will be ready for Week 1.

We'd expect Williams to gain clearance sometime during training camp after he tore his ACL November 3 against the Jets. Week 1 would be about 10 months removed from the injury. The Dolphins feel comfortable with their receiver group headed into the offseason, with DeVante Parker and Williams as the Nos. 1 and 2 wideouts, followed by some combination of Allen Hurns, Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Gary Jennings, and Mack Hollins.

SOURCE: Miami Herald

Feb 3, 2020, 6:44 PM ET

I saw Faust bump this thread, had to get my piece in, and of course I had to re-watch his highlight reel. 

Get this hype train going.  Easy WR3 this coming year, if you don't own him already, go buy him for whatever it costs. 

I saw Faust bump this thread, had to get my piece in, and of course I had to re-watch his highlight reel. 

Get this hype train going.  Easy WR3 this coming year, if you don't own him already, go buy him for whatever it costs. 
How would you rank him versus Parker, in both redraft and dynasty? 

How would you rank him versus Parker, in both redraft and dynasty? 
Preston is the guy to own on any team in any format.  But seriously I do think that's true.  Parker will be a nice stash guy for redraft or dynasty and hope.  I think they both have their value's but I'd much prefer Preston Williams THE Unicorn.  

If y'all thought I was a fan before jeez.  Look out.  

Zyphros said:
Preston is the guy to own on any team in any format.  But seriously I do think that's true.  Parker will be a nice stash guy for redraft or dynasty and hope.  I think they both have their value's but I'd much prefer Preston Williams THE Unicorn.  

If y'all thought I was a fan before jeez.  Look out.  
:towelwave: now you are just getting my hopes up!  

Picked him up recently .... had forgotten all about him.... time to get educated or owned!  

So, with reports that Fitzpatrick will be playing again 2020, does this raise Preston to Low end WR2 value?  I can see with their 3 picks in 1st round, lots of talent can be added....  but Tua is not likely to play in 2020, but RB is a need as well.  

What are we looking at giving for the Unicorn?
I'd give a 2nd pretty easily right now, I'd add a throw in as well if I needed roster space and make it more enticing.  The closer to draft time I think you can get him cheaper for a late 2nd that's OTC when "their guy" is a must get.  

Yes. I will go as far to say he will have some hamstring issues at the start of the season 
I've been arguing that tack for a couple years now and it feels like it's been backfiring on me.  Is there something specific about this player or his body type that has raised the red flag for you?  Or is this just a case of you being conservative with his recovery timeline?

More than the last 2 offers I have recieved for him...  

1) Russel Gage & Bershard Perriman for Preston Williams

2) Larry Fitzgerald for Preston Williams
Yes..........I would want more than these 2 offers for him! Late 2nd in a rookie draft might do it, but even then I would think long and hard about it.

I'm keeping him where I don't get a first or similar back. Showed starter talent early as a rookie. Late 1st seems about right in a good draft class. Maybe better when you consider the number of early WRs that never deliver.

23 yo. Hope his recovery is going well.
Same and wonder about players like him recovering from major surgery, especially players who are not yet wealthy and their ability to receive proper personal trainer/therapy attention, doctor checkups and just in general places to workout. May not matter but can't be a positive for their recovery either.

you said he doesnt have lots of money so he may have a hard time getting care for his knee... 

If money isn't a thing (because its work comp), he should have plenty of access. We see professional athletes all the time on work comp. they're the best ones to treat because work comp reimburses 100%. If anything, therapy, doctor check ups (which are paid for in the original cost of surgery) should be a hot commodity; providers would be falling over themselves to treat him. 

Gym memberships and personal trainers arent expensive either. 

3rd string and practice squad guys are treated the same as big name guys. Out here they work out next to some of the biggest names in the NFL. Same gym. Same access to therapies. Same doctor pool to choose from. Different pocket books. :shrug:
Ummm I think you missed his point. None of that matters now. 

A little worried about Preston Williams recovering from this injury. It's always a crap shoot. If he does recover well he got a nice upgrade at QB. Wishing him the best. His last game was sick. 

A little worried about Preston Williams recovering from this injury. It's always a crap shoot. If he does recover well he got a nice upgrade at QB. Wishing him the best. His last game was sick. 
Dolphins didn't draft any early backs or receivers. I don't suppose that could be considered a small endorsement of the Unicorn? They didn't seem concerned about the position. 

No news is good news as far as I am concerned. I think the pressure to be ready for OTAs and training camp is lessened because one will be cancelled and the other will be delayed (by my guess), so he can rehab and be ready for when things finally do ramp up again

In one of the richest WR draft classes in recent memory, the Dolphins didn’t select a WR until the seventh round despite having an abundance of draft capital. That alone should tell you about how worried they are with regards to Preston Williams recovering from his injury.

The Miami Herald reports Preston Williams (knee) remains "on schedule" for Week 1. 

The Herald also confirms that, health permitting, Williams remains penciled in opposite DeVante Parker on the outside, with Albert Wilson manning the slot. Now 23, Williams had an electric rookie year as an undrafted free agent until tearing his ACL in November. His youth makes him a strong bet for a full recovery, and he remains an appetizing target in dynasty leagues. For re-draft, he is an upside WR4. 

SOURCE: Miami Herald 

May 19, 2020, 4:37 PM ET

In one of the richest WR draft classes in recent memory, the Dolphins didn’t select a WR until the seventh round despite having an abundance of draft capital. That alone should tell you about how worried they are with regards to Preston Williams recovering from his injury.
It's still Miami doing that but I agree in general. Hope he's good. 

It's still Miami doing that but I agree in general. Hope he's good. 
What do you have against Miami?  By all their actions since they hired Brian Flores it's been things are looking up.  They've been run really well since then it seems.  Not to make this about Flores but they've showed good signs of being smart at every turn during his tenure.  

As for the Unicorn, I as much as anyone want him to be a breakout star but I'm tempering my expectations a bit because of that injury.  It could be slow goings for the first few weeks.  That along with new QB in Tua without time to work him it all, points to a bit of an underwhelming season.  I think he's fine long term but there's a pretty big risk of them going WR in 2021 to replace either Parker or Preston if there is a poor season.  They're both cheap enough for the next couple years but the overall offensive talent is going to go up, it just depends on their roles.  Miami is still pretty thin across the board on offense.

In a 12-team non-PPR league.  Another owner offered me Ito Smith for my Preston Williams.  Hahahahaha.
There's a thread for that. Worst dynasty offers...oof.

eta* That wasn't telling you the place to put it, it was just emphasizing that his offer was terrible.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't even have him top25.  What's wrong with you?
Well I apologize that my rankings don't match yours. 

What's wrong with me having different rankings than you?

As season progressed Preston Williams got better. Not factoring in that he would have likely improved more later in the season he was on pace for a 64-856-6 season just doing what he was doing. If he had done that as a undrafted rookie WR walking on to the team he'd likely be in everybody's top 25 WR. Especially with the addition of Tua. 

The injury holds me back from putting him higher.......

Lol you have him at WR33. Me having him 10 or so spots higher is cause for that kind of remark?

Relax Z.

Last edited by a moderator:
He was joking. Although I’m biased as I own Preston Williams because of Zyphros’s undeniable love for him, he can do no wrong in my book.

Users who are viewing this thread