Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Zyphros

WR Preston Williams "The Unicorn"

1 hour ago, rude classless thugs said:

What are the details of this lucrative 3 year contract?

Who said anything about lucrative?  The guy wasn't going to get a big contract yet, like every other rookie WR he'll have to wait 4-5 years for that.  He's got plenty of time to get healthy and get back out there and show what he's worth.

As a Dolphins fan and Preston owner in dynasty, this news is really a bummer.  Basically the only thing I was interested in each game was how Preston played, so now the rest of the season is just going to be about hoping my team doesn't win enough games to jeopardize a top pick (I'm fine if we're not #1, but I don't want to drop too far down).

23 hours ago, kodycutter said:

Google is your friend   Unless there is a point you are trying to make, which I've missed.

I think the point was this kid was lining up to make millions for a long time, not the league minimum for three years.  That’s now in jeopardy.  

4 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Anyone going to try and buy in dynasty?

I think it's a good idea to get him now. 

He could be an offseason darling whose value just keeps rising all offseason, especially if the Fins don't bring in anyone through FA or Draft.  Even if they do he will be fine, but if they don't, perception will go wild. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kittenmittens said:

He could be an offseason darling whose value just keeps rising all offseason, especially if the Fins don't bring in anyone through FA or Draft.  Even if they do he will be fine, but if they don't, perception will go wild. 

I don't disagree, but I fully expect the Dolphins to significantly upgrade their WR situation rather than rely on Williams and Parker. While ACL injuries aren't what they used to be due to medical technology, I can't see the team waiting on Williams, who may very well not be 100% by the beginning of the season. Net/net, Williams clearly has a lot of promise even if fully recovered, but he'll probably have some significant competition for 2020.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, JoeSteeler said:

Yup if I had any opportunity to buy I'd be doing it.  I own him everywhere though.  I'm paying 2nd rounders rather easily, maybe I can get away with 2 3rd's, or something cheaper like that the closer we get to rookie draft season.  

• Like 1

I can put him on my IR and then keep him there until next season. But, is he worth it or should I instead pick up Miller, RB or McKinnon, RB and stash one of them? I am torn as to who would be more valuable in 2020????

2 hours ago, robb said:

I can put him on my IR and then keep him there until next season. But, is he worth it or should I instead pick up Miller, RB or McKinnon, RB and stash one of them? I am torn as to who would be more valuable in 2020????

Lamar Miller?  Preston is easily worth more than both of those RB's IMO.  But I'm bias.  

• Like 2

On 11/4/2019 at 3:59 PM, SoBeDad said:

Flores is being second guessed for putting a 6' 5" wr on PR, after after speedy Jakeem Grant was cleared to play. 

He had to do something to make sure this guy didn't single handedly win too many games, once his 2 TDs secured a certain victory for Miami vs the Jets, Flores had to pull a Frank Underwood quickly. 

• Laughing 1

2 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

He had to do something to make sure this guy didn't single handedly win too many games, once his 2 TDs secured a certain victory for Miami vs the Jets, Flores had to pull a Frank Underwood quickly. 

Damn Dolphins can't even tank right. 😉

On 11/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, robb said:

Pretty easy choice for me. Miller / McKinnon have never been highly regarded by me, though. Still, setting aside my personal opinion, it's a high upside WR that looks like he was vastly undervalued vs. older, high mileage RBs that haven't ever been as good as expected.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:51 PM, JoeSteeler said:

Im not against buying, but this is the worst time to do it. His value will only go down as the synapses in peoples' brains forces the name 'Preston Williams' into subconcience. I'll try to buy him after the Dolphins select a WR in the draft. 

• Like 1

Preston Williams (knee) said he will be ready for Week 1.

We'd expect Williams to gain clearance sometime during training camp after he tore his ACL November 3 against the Jets. Week 1 would be about 10 months removed from the injury. The Dolphins feel comfortable with their receiver group headed into the offseason, with DeVante Parker and Williams as the Nos. 1 and 2 wideouts, followed by some combination of Allen Hurns, Albert Wilson, Jakeem Grant, Isaiah Ford, Gary Jennings, and Mack Hollins.

SOURCE: Miami Herald

Feb 3, 2020, 6:44 PM ET

I saw Faust bump this thread, had to get my piece in, and of course I had to re-watch his highlight reel. 

Get this hype train going.  Easy WR3 this coming year, if you don't own him already, go buy him for whatever it costs. 

34 minutes ago, Zyphros said:

I saw Faust bump this thread, had to get my piece in, and of course I had to re-watch his highlight reel. 

Get this hype train going.  Easy WR3 this coming year, if you don't own him already, go buy him for whatever it costs. 

How would you rank him versus Parker, in both redraft and dynasty? 

21 minutes ago, JoeJoe88 said:

How would you rank him versus Parker, in both redraft and dynasty? 

Preston is the guy to own on any team in any format.  But seriously I do think that's true.  Parker will be a nice stash guy for redraft or dynasty and hope.  I think they both have their value's but I'd much prefer Preston Williams THE Unicorn.  

If y'all thought I was a fan before jeez.  Look out.  

9 hours ago, Zyphros said:

Preston is the guy to own on any team in any format.  But seriously I do think that's true.  Parker will be a nice stash guy for redraft or dynasty and hope.  I think they both have their value's but I'd much prefer Preston Williams THE Unicorn.  

If y'all thought I was a fan before jeez.  Look out.  

:towelwave:now you are just getting my hopes up!  

Picked him up recently .... had forgotten all about him.... time to get educated or owned!  

So, with reports that Fitzpatrick will be playing again 2020, does this raise Preston to Low end WR2 value?  I can see with their 3 picks in 1st round, lots of talent can be added....  but Tua is not likely to play in 2020, but RB is a need as well.  

imo there will be 1 last buy window for 🦄 after the first quarter of the season

What are we looking at giving for the Unicorn?

1 hour ago, Dr. Dan said:

imo there will be 1 last buy window for 🦄 after the first quarter of the season

Slow out the gate due to the November ACL surgery?

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I'd give a 2nd pretty easily right now, I'd add a throw in as well if I needed roster space and make it more enticing.  The closer to draft time I think you can get him cheaper for a late 2nd that's OTC when "their guy" is a must get.  

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, tangfoot said:

Slow out the gate due to the November ACL surgery?

Yes. I will go as far to say he will have some hamstring issues at the start of the season 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

Yes. I will go as far to say he will have some hamstring issues at the start of the season 

I've been arguing that tack for a couple years now and it feels like it's been backfiring on me.  Is there something specific about this player or his body type that has raised the red flag for you?  Or is this just a case of you being conservative with his recovery timeline?

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

More than the last 2 offers I have recieved for him...  

1) Russel Gage & Bershard Perriman for Preston Williams

2) Larry Fitzgerald for Preston Williams

• Thinking 1

Just now, Birdie048 said:

Oof.

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

1 hour ago, Birdie048 said:

Yes..........I would want more than these 2 offers for him! Late 2nd in a rookie draft might do it, but even then I would think long and hard about it.

I'm keeping him where I don't get a first or similar back. Showed starter talent early as a rookie. Late 1st seems about right in a good draft class. Maybe better when you consider the number of early WRs that never deliver.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Zyphros said:

It's his birthday today according to Twitter.  Fire this baby up.  Top30 dynasty WR for me.  

23 yo. Hope his recovery is going well.

1 hour ago, barackdhouse said:

23 yo. Hope his recovery is going well.

Same and wonder about players like him recovering from major surgery, especially players who are not yet wealthy and their ability to receive proper personal trainer/therapy attention, doctor checkups and just in general places to workout. May not matter but can't be a positive for their recovery either.

33 minutes ago, menobrown said:

Same and wonder about players like him recovering from major surgery, especially players who are not yet wealthy and their ability to receive proper personal trainer/therapy attention, doctor checkups and just in general places to workout. May not matter but can't be a positive for their recovery either.

It's a work comp injury. everything is 100% covered by the Dolphins

38 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

It's a work comp injury. everything is 100% covered by the Dolphins

That really has nothing to do with the issues I brought up.

1 hour ago, menobrown said:

That really has nothing to do with the issues I brought up.

you said he doesnt have lots of money so he may have a hard time getting care for his knee... 

2 hours ago, menobrown said:

If money isn't a thing (because its work comp), he should have plenty of access. We see professional athletes all the time on work comp. they're the best ones to treat because work comp reimburses 100%. If anything, therapy, doctor check ups (which are paid for in the original cost of surgery) should be a hot commodity; providers would be falling over themselves to treat him. 

Gym memberships and personal trainers arent expensive either. 

3rd string and practice squad guys are treated the same as big name guys. Out here they work out next to some of the biggest names in the NFL. Same gym. Same access to therapies. Same doctor pool to choose from. Different pocket books. :shrug:

Edited by Dr. Dan

40 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

you said he doesnt have lots of money so he may have a hard time getting care for his knee... 

If money isn't a thing (because its work comp), he should have plenty of access. We see professional athletes all the time on work comp. they're the best ones to treat because work comp reimburses 100%. If anything, therapy, doctor check ups (which are paid for in the original cost of surgery) should be a hot commodity; providers would be falling over themselves to treat him. 

Gym memberships and personal trainers arent expensive either. 

3rd string and practice squad guys are treated the same as big name guys. Out here they work out next to some of the biggest names in the NFL. Same gym. Same access to therapies. Same doctor pool to choose from. Different pocket books. :shrug:

Ummm I think you missed his point. None of that matters now. 

• Like 3