What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

8 police officers surround black student while picking up trash where he lives in Colorado (1 Viewer)

Cops aren't your friends in America anymore. If they know its wrong and tell you they are just doing their job they aren't real cops. Now Understand theresgood cops but non of them can speak up because the dirty cops go all the way to one HPD sometimes and even inside the police Unions. Any good cop who speaks out can and will get threatened for their life, career and family or blacklisted with some company Bull#### where they forfeit their pension and other bennies. So when people say why don't the good cops speak up there's a good reason why. Look up on google about good cops being black listed and threatened. Theres a ton of stories on smaller blog sites and else where about these issues. The problem is Cops are part of the "Good Boy Club" we hear about routinely in the GOP. If you think a cop is in the wrong film it, question them, ask for their name and badge number (They are by law suppose to give you that info if you ask no mater what), and tell them if they are in the wrong to stop or this goes up on social media and sent to their supervisor. If a cop tells you to stop recording or tells you to do anything so they can get away with it you tell them you are in your right to record and ask questions as a concerned citizen of the state. Tell them they do anything to you or your property they will be hearing from your lawyers. Make sure to use those buzzwords to keep pigs in line. also any cop who uses they were afraid of their lives who shoot an animal or an unarmed person is a #####. They think because they got a badged gun the law doesn't apply to them. I have family friends who are cops and some of the stuff I just said to do is what they've told me to do in a situation a cop is breaking the law or breaching rights. In fact I got 1 cop in my district reassigned to desk duty after an incident at my school where I went to visit (since he didn't follow proper procedure) and the other one I got fired for an incident that happened when a friend and I were waking home one night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Edited out of respect for the English language.... nah, I'm not gonna get in to it. Nothing to be gained or served.
You don't think there's cops who act like they can do whatever they want because they have a badge and gun? A cop telling someone to stop filming because they know what they are being filmed doing is wrong or breaking the law themselves? It's unfortunate our Law enforcement is like this but like I said it's "The Good Boys" network we so routinely here about and anyone who goes against it is either blackballed threatened. 

EYLive said:
If you don't get it by now, you'll never get it. Just consider yourself lucky if you aren't constantly profiled and harassed, and move on with your life. It's too late for you.

But for certain groups in this country the options are: Don't comply - get shot to death; Comply - get shot to death. And some of you out of touch dummies are still posting "but why is he screaming?!?!?!" Just admit that you don't care.
What is this nonsense?

The common sense related to complying with law enforcement has nothing to do with the fact that groups of people are profiled and harassed. 

People are profiled and harassed, cops abuse power, use excessive force.  There is no place for these things.

AND

You are a fool to not comply with law enforcement.

The common sense related to complying with law enforcement has nothing to do with the fact that groups of people are profiled and harassed. 
I agree that they are separate issues, but they are also connected.  Getting profiled and harassed leads to more interactions with the police and due to the circumstances involved ("I've done nothing, I'm just walking while black"), those interactions can lead to frustration and less compliance.  When something awful happens, the lack of compliance is used as an after the fact justification to excuse police violence towards innocent civilians.  At some point, we need to recognize that the profiling was the starting point that set everything in motion.  It doesn't excuse the noncompliance that escalated the violence, but without that racial profiling, the chain of events doesn't happen.  

Whenever there is a thread like this, and sadly it is too often, people come in and act like white people do not get profiled, do not get roughed up and do not get shot by police. They do and all of the time. There is just zero coverage of it and zero outrage, or the moment of outrage dies down really quickly.

Go ask the trailer park boys how they get treated by sherrif Coltrane and listen to their stories and you will hear familiar sounds. 

These videos always start too late and somehow the bodycam footage changes the situation SOMETIMES.  Obviously sometimes the police are totally wrong, sometimes the suspect is after further review.
I have no idea if you are right or the stats but I have wondered I the past if some of the police abuse we assume is racially motivated is really motivated by the person being poor or in a poor neighborhood.  I think one of the best ways to help minorities is to help them with education, jobs and wealth equality.  I don’t think things like this happen too often in even lower middle class areas.  

Note - everything I just said is MO - I could be talking out my ###.

100 Million Police Traffic Stops: New Evidence of Racial Bias

The Stanford study sliced the data in three distinct ways to search for evidence of racial bias:

• Police stops: A "veil of darkness" test was done to analyze whether black drivers are being pulled over at a higher rate during the day than at night, when officers would have a harder time distinguishing race from a distance. After adjusting for the variation in sunset times across the year, researchers found a 5 to 10 percent drop in the share of stopped drivers after sunset who are black, suggesting black drivers are being racially profiled during the day.

• Police searches: Researchers reviewed the rate at which drivers were searched and the likelihood that those searches turned up illegal drugs and guns. There was evidence that the bar for searching black and Latino drivers is lower than that for white drivers, even though white drivers were more likely to have contraband. Across states, contraband was found in 36 percent of searches of white drivers, compared to 32 percent for black drivers and 26 percent for Latinos.

• Impact of marijuana legalization: After the legalization of recreational marijuana in Colorado and Washington state, there has been a reduction in searches of both white and minority drivers. But the search rate remains twice as high for minorities, a trend also noted in a 2017 Stanford study.

Cops aren't your friends in America anymore. If they know its wrong and tell you they are just doing their job they aren't real cops. Now Understand theresgood cops but non of them can speak up because the dirty cops go all the way to one HPD sometimes and even inside the police Unions. Any good cop who speaks out can and will get threatened for their life, career and family or blacklisted with some company Bull#### where they forfeit their pension and other bennies. So when people say why don't the good cops speak up there's a good reason why. Look up on google about good cops being black listed and threatened. Theres a ton of stories on smaller blog sites and else where about these issues. The problem is Cops are part of the "Good Boy Club" we hear about routinely in the GOP. If you think a cop is in the wrong film it, question them, ask for their name and badge number (They are by law suppose to give you that info if you ask no mater what), and tell them if they are in the wrong to stop or this goes up on social media and sent to their supervisor. If a cop tells you to stop recording or tells you to do anything so they can get away with it you tell them you are in your right to record and ask questions as a concerned citizen of the state. Tell them they do anything to you or your property they will be hearing from your lawyers. Make sure to use those buzzwords to keep pigs in line. also any cop who uses they were afraid of their lives who shoot an animal or an unarmed person is a #####. They think because they got a badged gun the law doesn't apply to them. I have family friends who are cops and some of the stuff I just said to do is what they've told me to do in a situation a cop is breaking the law or breaching rights. In fact I got 1 cop in my district reassigned to desk duty after an incident at my school where I went to visit (since he didn't follow proper procedure) and the other one I got fired for an incident that happened when a friend and I were waking home one night.
Paragraphs are your friend.

Just wondering about the conclusions when they state that they are finding drugs at a very similar percentage while searching a larger percentage of minority vehicles. Finding contraband in approx one third of the vehicles searched seems to support the police and their instincts on who to search. I would never think that one third of vehicles on the road contain something that would be considered contraband. 

Am I seeing this from a bootlicker angle? Because when I have been pulled over I have never been searched or given any reason to even be considered suspect of anything other than speeding.

Just wondering about the conclusions when they state that they are finding drugs at a very similar percentage while searching a larger percentage of minority vehicles. Finding contraband in approx one third of the vehicles searched seems to support the police and their instincts on who to search. I would never think that one third of vehicles on the road contain something that would be considered contraband. 

Am I seeing this from a bootlicker angle? Because when I have been pulled over I have never been searched or given any reason to even be considered suspect of anything other than speeding.
Based on what?

Actually, the article states that minorities are being searched at a higher rate despite the fact that contraband is discovered at a higher rate among whites.

Actually, the article states that minorities are being searched at a higher rate despite the fact that contraband is discovered at a higher rate among whites.
Not only searched at a higher rate, but arrested at a higher rate, convicted at a higher rate, and sentenced more punitively.  But pointing out that elephant in the room severely hampers the crutch argument of the profiling apologists.

Yes the minorities are being searched at a higher rate and the percentages with found contraband between white and black is very close. This indicates a lot of things and it all depends on how you wish to interpret the numbers. If you want to stay at the straight bias aspect, then just saying that since more black people's vehicles are searched over white people's vehicles, then I am with you. 

You can also say that the police are pretty consistent in discovery percentage to search with both black and white vehicles being searched despite searching more black people's vehicles. Do you think that the numbers would increase or decrease if they searched more vehicles of both races?

Such a high gotcha to search percentage seems like the police are making the right decision based on limited information a lot of times. Obviously you can also say that they are making the wrong call more often. All about perspective and bias in reading the numbers.

Just spit-ballin' here, but my guess is the white people aren't searched unless the cops are confident there is something to be found whereas the black people are being searched for being black, resulting in more searches and a lower percentage.

Just spit-ballin' here, but my guess is the white people aren't searched unless the cops are confident there is something to be found whereas the black people are being searched for being black, resulting in more searches and a lower percentage.
Any chance the search percentages go up when people are less cooperative?

Any chance the search percentages go up when people are less cooperative?
It goes down for minorities because Cops will just shoot them then use the bs I was scared for my life. If you are scared for your life by someone and in a job where you need to risk your life maybe being a cop isn't for you. It's all fun and games for most of these #######s with a gun and badge bossing people around etc until #### gets real and #### hits the fan. Then they become #######. Most cops who are in the wrong if someone more intimidating is protecting the real victims (The person/s the cop is bullying) Cop/s change their tune real fast and walk away. Don't be mistaken the quota is real and it also helps the prison company systems pay for profit who's in jail and who isn't. 

Look at how minorities are treated compared to Whites. A Black women in the MidWest (I believe Illinois or Indiana) was charged with fraud to a school district similar to these celebs who scammed Universities so their kids could go to school there and I think she is facing 5-8 yrs in prison. Watch these celebs get a slap on the wrist and just have to pay a fine with zero jail time. As the saying goes the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. If you got money and are in trouble with the law it's easier being rich as you can just pay your way out of trouble where many people especially minorities in low income neighborhoods don't have the funds to even afford a good lawyer. The state just provides them one that they know will play ball with the court. 

It goes down for minorities because Cops will just shoot them then use the bs I was scared for my life. If you are scared for your life by someone and in a job where you need to risk your life maybe being a cop isn't for you. It's all fun and games for most of these #######s with a gun and badge bossing people around etc until #### gets real and #### hits the fan. Then they become #######. Most cops who are in the wrong if someone more intimidating is protecting the real victims (The person/s the cop is bullying) Cop/s change their tune real fast and walk away. Don't be mistaken the quota is real and it also helps the prison company systems pay for profit who's in jail and who isn't. 

Look at how minorities are treated compared to Whites. A Black women in the MidWest (I believe Illinois or Indiana) was charged with fraud to a school district similar to these celebs who scammed Universities so their kids could go to school there and I think she is facing 5-8 yrs in prison. Watch these celebs get a slap on the wrist and just have to pay a fine with zero jail time. As the saying goes the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. If you got money and are in trouble with the law it's easier being rich as you can just pay your way out of trouble where many people especially minorities in low income neighborhoods don't have the funds to even afford a good lawyer. The state just provides them one that they know will play ball with the court. 
Cool rant.  You didn't answer the question though.

Don't be mistaken the quota is real and it also helps the prison company systems pay for profit who's in jail and who isn't.
Not sure I understand this. I would think money is paid by the state per inmate? If so, why would it be more or less profitable to incarcerate a minority vs a white? Or do they just get an annual budget? Not being antagonistic, serious question.

I agree that they are separate issues, but they are also connected.  Getting profiled and harassed leads to more interactions with the police and due to the circumstances involved ("I've done nothing, I'm just walking while black"), those interactions can lead to frustration and less compliance.  When something awful happens, the lack of compliance is used as an after the fact justification to excuse police violence towards innocent civilians.  At some point, we need to recognize that the profiling was the starting point that set everything in motion.  It doesn't excuse the noncompliance that escalated the violence, but without that racial profiling, the chain of events doesn't happen.  
This has been explained to the dense people in this thread many times, but of course they still don't understand. So your logic will fall on deaf ears.

I'm white, so probably not actually. The only time I have ever had my car searched, I had a black passenger. True story.
Were you cooperative?

Since you asked me the definition, nevermind.  You wouldn't know if you were or not.

In all seriousness though, I will go out on a limb and say that people of any race have a much lower chance of being searched if they are cooperative as opposed to being uncooperative.

This has been explained to the dense people in this thread many times, but of course they still don't understand. So your logic will fall on deaf ears.
Hey super smart guy can i ask you some questions about this study since you are super smart and everything?

Did this study normalize for vehicle? Did it take into account number of drivers in the areas where people were pulled over?  Did it compare to other crimes in the area? you know something that might bring more police into an area... 

Thanks so much for helping out super smart guy. 

I don't know what everyone's race is in here, or where you live. But a lot of you should just enjoy getting to live with your head in the sand. The more you pretend to care, the more disingenuous and ignorant you sound. 

Hey super smart guy can i ask you some questions about this study since you are super smart and everything?

Did this study normalize for vehicle? Did it take into account number of drivers in the areas where people were pulled over?  Did it compare to other crimes in the area? you know something that might bring more police into an area... 

Thanks so much for helping out super smart guy. 
That's all covered in the article.

EYLive said:
I don't know what everyone's race is in here, or where you live. But a lot of you should just enjoy getting to live with your head in the sand. The more you pretend to care, the more disingenuous and ignorant you sound. 
I made sure that when I moved, I looked for an area that was not full of crime and police activity. So this is not an issue where I live, by choice. And my town is pretty mixed demographic overall, so not some classic whitetopia.

He's on his property. He isn't breaking any law and wasn't under arrest. He's under no obligation to produce any ID. 

It's a basic right in this country to not be asked for your "papers" or be expected to produce identification just because a LEO asks unless a crime has been or is being committed.

The whole Louisiana outstanding warrant stuff was just nonsense.

Could you unpack this?

The bottom line is that a cop has ZERO authority over you until you break the law, with a few exceptions. As a matter of fact they are public servants and work for us. Many of them forget that.

Wow, I watched that entire video. It was fascinating. I would have immediately complied because, well, I don’t particularly care for unnecessary and unproductive conflict.  That said, I’d be lying if I said I didn’t respect that guy for standing his ground. The cop was just unwilling to back down even though he knew he had screwed up. Even when his fellow officers were trying to get him to back off, he was still sticking to his guns (figuratively, if not literally).

Yep.  He even pointed out that THEY should be the ones to leave when he asked them to get off his property. 

I still don't understand what the probable cause was to even approach him and ask him for his ID anyway.  That's what police states do.  Not here.  What would they have done if he turned around and walked back into his home? 
Now that the full body cam video is available, we have confirmation that the “probable cause” was that the guy was hanging out on his back porch. Which is sort of the purpose of a back porch. 

Oddly, from the cop’s body cam video, the guy yelling through the window appeared to be a complete non-factor. 

And get paid through February 2020. 
Right.  It's ridiculous. 

It looks like Atkinson's attorney is now planning on suing the city because of this (and rightfully so). 

That police officer couldn't have handled that any worse other than actually shooting him at some point.  I really wonder what would have happened if he tried to walk back into his building instead of continuing to pick up trash. 

Users who are viewing this thread