Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
cloppbeast

Parris Campbell WR Colts

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

This is a good example of why you draft the player and not the situation.

This. 

the main reason people loved him so much was  because of his situation. 

He was being drafted ahead of AJ Brown. AJ Brown would have been 1.1 or 1.2 if he was drafted to any other team in the nfl. 

 

Edited by Dr. Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, JohnnyU said:

Unless your dynasty roster size is < 22, there is no way I would drop him right now.

 

 

ours is only 18 spots so he's gone

he's going to have a mediocre season this year so he's not going to be top of people's mind next year...waste of space

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

This. 

the main reason people loved him so much was  because of his situation. 

He was being drafted ahead of AJ Brown. AJ Brown would have been 1.1 or 1.2 if he was drafted to any other team in the nfl. 

 

I don't think it's obvious that AJ Brown is more talented than Campbell, regardless of situation. I actually think AJ Brown is pretty overrated in dynasty at this point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, RushHour said:

I don't think it's obvious that AJ Brown is more talented than Campbell, regardless of situation. I actually think AJ Brown is pretty overrated in dynasty at this point. 

AJ Brown is overrated but Parris Campbell is more QB proof than TY Hilton. okay 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dr. Dan said:

AJ Brown is overrated but Parris Campbell is more QB proof than TY Hilton. okay 

When did I say that?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Biabreakable said:

This is a good example of why you draft the player and not the situation.

Fully agree for dynasty, but not necessarily for redraft.  Situation is much more important in redraft.  Sure, the cream rises to the top, but sometimes the cream is smothered by a JAG - just look at Chubb's stats to start the season.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, RushHour said:

When did I say that?

you avoided the question.

said Campbell didnt need to be tied to a great qb to do well. Except TY Hilton struggled without Luck in 2017. so, do you think TY Hilton needs to be tied to a great qb? Is Campbell better?

maybe you're right; maybe it is the biased owner in you

Edited by Dr. Dan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Dr. Dan said:

you avoided the question.

said Campbell didnt need to be tied to a great qb to do well. Except TY Hilton struggled without Luck in 2017. so, do you think TY Hilton needs to be tied to a great qb? Is Campbell better?

maybe you're right; maybe it is the biased owner in you

Wow OK.

I guess not responding to every post is avoiding a question. All I was saying is I thought Campbell had a skill set which made it possible to still be productive with a less than elite QB. I also acknowledged that the overall downgrading of the offense couldn't be overlooked and that will impact Campbell to an extent obviously I think.

You can agree with my view on Campbell or not, I don't really care. If you think Hilton struggling without Luck in 2017 is relevant, then that's fine. I don't really. I never said Campbell was better, he may be just as talented, who knows? We haven't seen him in the NFL yet. 

You were acting like AJ Brown is a slam dunk better talent than Campbell. I don't think he is. We can disagree. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, RushHour said:

 

You were acting like AJ Brown is a slam dunk better talent than Campbell. I don't think he is. We can disagree. 

I was using him as an example as he was a consensus top 3 wr in the class prior to the nfl draft. hes generating no hype, yet hes "overrated" which I thought interesting as you were suggesting that Campbell was QB proof

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

AJ Brown would have been 1.1 or 1.2 if he was drafted to any other team in the nfl.

I never, ever heard Brown's name listed that high in any of the discussions leading into the draft.  It was Jacobs, Harry, a smattering of Metcalf, and then everyone else.

Edited by tangfoot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Drafted him 2.6 in my dynasty league yesterday. 12 team PPR been going since 2004.

 

I find that to be extremely good value for kid with his talent/skill set.  We will watch and wait to see if he develops. But man what a fall since Luck retired! Good.....fell into my lap. Hope it works out down the road.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Dr. Dan said:

you avoided the question.

said Campbell didnt need to be tied to a great qb to do well. Except TY Hilton struggled without Luck in 2017. so, do you think TY Hilton needs to be tied to a great qb? Is Campbell better?

maybe you're right; maybe it is the biased owner in you

Maybe you’re making an assumption and correlation that others don’t necessarily agree?  

I think some people would find merit in that one type of WR (an underneath/slot specialist) may in fact be more QB proof than another (deep/speed guy).  He never said that Campbell was better than Hilton.  But the fact that Hilton struggled noticeably from a production standpoint without Luck /=/ that Campbell may not be AS IMPACTED by Luck’s departure as Hilton would be. 

(Bolded because there’s obviously an impact to everyone dropping from Luck to Brissett, but that impact isn’t necessarily level across the board.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had our PPR Rookie Draft yesterday. Campbell went 2.10. 10th WR off the board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Stephen Holder @HolderStephen

Frank Reich’s presser.... Parris Campbell practiced yesterday and MIGHT play on Thursday. Really, really high hopes for him. This is a big development.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SayWhat? said:

Maybe you’re making an assumption and correlation that others don’t necessarily agree?  

I think some people would find merit in that one type of WR (an underneath/slot specialist) may in fact be more QB proof than another (deep/speed guy).  He never said that Campbell was better than Hilton.  But the fact that Hilton struggled noticeably from a production standpoint without Luck /=/ that Campbell may not be AS IMPACTED by Luck’s departure as Hilton would be. 

(Bolded because there’s obviously an impact to everyone dropping from Luck to Brissett, but that impact isn’t necessarily level across the board.)

For the record, Hilton didn't struggle his one year without Luck, or his 'struggles' have been greatly exaggerated. He got 22% of the targets at 8.9 ypt, and a TD on .037 of them. These are just barely below his career averages. He suffered from lack of volume more than anything; Brissett only made 469 pass attempts in 2017.

With or without a great QB, Campbell will need to be good to put up FF relevant stats. Luck being there added a lot of upside though, so his value has gone down a bit. This is preferred for me because I wasn't using a mid 1st on him with Luck, but I will burn a late 2nd on him now.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, cloppbeast said:

For the record, Hilton didn't struggle his one year without Luck, or his 'struggles' have been greatly exaggerated. He got 22% of the targets at 8.9 ypt, and a TD on .037 of them. These are just barely below his career averages. He suffered from lack of volume more than anything; Brissett only made 469 pass attempts in 2017.

With or without a great QB, Campbell will need to be good to put up FF relevant stats. Luck being there added a lot of upside though, so his value has gone down a bit. This is preferred for me because I wasn't using a mid 1st on him with Luck, but I will burn a late 2nd on him now.

 

 

that's the thing though there is probably going be 1500 yards and 50 catches less in that offence this year.  I don't see a first year wr coming out and dominating.  He was a stretch this year with those yards and catches available...without, i'll take a pass

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just don't think you can or should ignore situation. 

In the event there is a generational talent--sure.  But I think a lot of people viewed several of the receivers as very similar.  And when you're all that close--situation matters.  Being in a spot to be Luck's #2 and maybe even his #1 at some point is better than a slightly more talented receiver being Mariotta's #1 or 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 catches, 42 yards, 4 targets 

nice starting game for him, love him in dynasty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Stealthycat said:

3 catches, 42 yards, 4 targets 

nice starting game for him, love him in dynasty

One of those was a 5 yard slant over the middle that he ran for another 25 yards. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, pghrob said:

Thought in him in dynasty sans Luck?

Strong buy (if you can pry him away)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RushHour said:

Strong buy (if you can pry him away)

he's been cut in the three leagues i play in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RushHour said:

Dynasty? Ridiculous

Yes, but with a short 18 person bench.  I'll admit I was one of the people that cut him.  The way i see it, is there won't be much there this year for him and then mix him in with the rookies who do perform this year and the batch coming out seems like a pointless roster carry.  

There is a very strong chance the colts are going into qb wilderness for the next bunch of years.  They already have a wr1 so there is little for campbell to bite off

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, killface said:

Yes, but with a short 18 person bench.  I'll admit I was one of the people that cut him.  The way i see it, is there won't be much there this year for him and then mix him in with the rookies who do perform this year and the batch coming out seems like a pointless roster carry.  

There is a very strong chance the colts are going into qb wilderness for the next bunch of years.  They already have a wr1 so there is little for campbell to bite off

 

I guess I don’t have experience in rosters that small. Maybe he is a cut candidate in a league like that, I don’t know.

Seems I’m higher on him as a prospect than many others on this forum. I’m not thinking short term with him (although I still think he’ll have a productive rookie season).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RushHour said:

I guess I don’t have experience in rosters that small. Maybe he is a cut candidate in a league like that, I don’t know.

Seems I’m higher on him as a prospect than many others on this forum. I’m not thinking short term with him (although I still think he’ll have a productive rookie season).

In a shorter bench league he will be around next year to pick up no problem.  He's not going to set the world on fire this year so there will be very little buzz about him next year.

If Bissett tanks than nobody will pick him up next year either...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm drafting Parris at the end of my drafts. He looks like he plays with a 6th gear. I would not be surprised to see him as a hot waiver wire add by 4-5th week of the season.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, thehoch said:

I'm drafting Parris at the end of my drafts. He looks like he plays with a 6th gear. I would not be surprised to see him as a hot waiver wire add by 4-5th week of the season.

 

I'm intrigued by the love for him given the situation.  What do you see as his ceiling and floor?

Edit to add that drafting him with your last pick is not a bad idea for sure....and it doesn't show any undying love for him.  

 

Edited by killface
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, killface said:

I'm intrigued by the love for him given the situation.  What do you see as his ceiling and floor?

Edit to add that drafting him with your last pick is not a bad idea for sure....and it doesn't show any undying love for him.  

 

In the limited plays I've seen him explode after the catch. Also Deon Cain looks the part. Too bad Luck isn't staying, this would have been his most explosive WR corp in my opinion.

As far as ceiling or floor? You never can tell until the prove it, so can't say. But for me these kind of players just need one big play in the game to justify drafting them. Take a 40 yard catch to the house and it's all good for the rest of the day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, thehoch said:

In the limited plays I've seen him explode after the catch. Also Deon Cain looks the part. Too bad Luck isn't staying, this would have been his most explosive WR corp in my opinion.

As far as ceiling or floor? You never can tell until the prove it, so can't say. But for me these kind of players just need one big play in the game to justify drafting them. Take a 40 yard catch to the house and it's all good for the rest of the day.

For me i can't stand the weeks in between of 2 catches for 10 yards

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, killface said:

For me i can't stand the weeks in between of 2 catches for 10 yards

Well if he's home run hitter, he'll have a big game and they'll be forced to get the ball into his hands.

Edited by thehoch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Coming out party today?

Until they throw for more than 190 yards the answer is no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, JohnnyU said:

Coming out party today?

I picked up Deon Cain instead of Campbell.

woot? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Colts WR Parris Campbell (abdominal) will be monitored throughout the week.

Campbell should be considered questionable for the Colts' Week 5 matchup against the Chiefs. His eight targets in Week 4 were tied with Jack Doyle for the highest mark on the team, but obviously this was inflated by the absence of T.Y. Hilton (quad). Still, the Colts have seemingly made an effort to get Campbell's game-breaking speed more and more involved in the offense, which resulted in multiple deep-ball targets in Week 4. He's emerging as a boom-or-bust WR4 with upside for more.

SOURCE: George Bremer on Twitter.

Sep 30, 2019, 4:08 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Parris Campbell (abdominal) has been ruled out for the Colts' Week 5 matchup against the Chiefs.

Campbell underwent a procedure for his abdominal injury and doesn't have a timetable for a return. It's disappointing news for the explosive rookie, who was getting more snaps and targets in recent weeks. The Colts will continue to utilize a committee approach at WR with Zach Pascal, Chester Rogers and Deon Cain behind the group's alpha T.Y. Hilton.

SOURCE: Mike Chappell on Twitter.

Oct 4, 2019, 2:26 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

Parris Campbell (abdominal) wasn't spotted at the open portion of Monday's practice.

S Malik Hooker (knee) and DL Tyquan Lewis (ankle) were also absent. Campbell had last week's bye to rest but still needs more time to recover from an abdominal procedure he underwent earlier this month. With Campbell absent in Week 5, Deon Cain and Zach Pascal rotated opposite T.Y. Hilton on the outside with Chester Rogers manning the slot in a win over Kansas City.

SOURCE: Kevin Bowen on Twitter

Oct 14, 2019, 12:19 PM ET

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.