What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Parris Campbell, PHI (1 Viewer)

I believe he could be a good WR3 for the Colts and I also believe with the addition of Pittman it will help Campbell.  I'm not sure he is startable in most leagues, but could help out during bye weeks......or not....not sure.  One thing I do know is that the Colts passing game is better with all four Rivers / Hilton / Pittman / Campbell than they were last year.
I mean this roster (and assuming everyone stays healthy) looks 5x better than last year IMO. Add in Taylor and you've got a night and day offense, on paper at least

Super Bowl was a long time ago.  I can't see anyone paying more than a 3rd at this point.  You're in the Van Jefferson/Hamler/Duvernay territory at that point and that's about right.  If one is to take a flier, it's tough to do so on a guy that just had a bellcow RB and WR drafted right over his head and a way-veteran QB that has a very-veteran WR that he's likely to trust more.  Zero chance he gets more than 50-60 touches without an injury or Pittman being lost in the learning curve.  I'm a raging OSU homer and will forever love Campbell for what he did to the skunk weasels but I just can't bring myself to invest much in him.
Well, Hilton has a history of injuries and all rookie WRs are behind the 8-ball this season.

Campbell had 22 touches in 7 games last year, which extrapolates to almost exctly 50 through 16 games.  So literally all he has to do is stay on the field (which is still a BIG if).

Colts WR Parris Campbell (foot) said he's "100 percent" and has been running routes at full speed "for the last two months."

The second-year wideout said he stuck to a "strict routine" this offseason after dealing with four separate injuries across seven appearances as a rookie. Expected to open Colts minicamp with a clean bill of health from the slot, Campbell (6'0/205, 4.31 40) projects as a late-round value in fantasy drafts as Philip Rivers' reliable safety valve underneath. T.Y. Hilton and No. 34 overall pick Michael Pittman are expected to start on opposite boundaries.

SOURCE: Jim Ayello on Twitter

May 27, 2020, 2:32 PM ET

The Herald Bulletin reports Parris Campbell is "starting to resemble the star the Indianapolis Colts believed they drafted in the second round in 2019."

“He looks strong, fast, explosive, good hands, understands the offense, consistent,” were the words of coach Frank Reich. “I mean, it’s early, but that’s what we are looking for from him. Now we just need that to continue to build.” Reich believes Campbell is thinking less and playing faster. Campbell's rookie season never got off the ground because of injuries, but the former No. 59 overall pick could turn out to be the Colts' second most targeted pass catcher. Play-maker Campbell is expected to spend more time in the slot. He's an exciting late-round flier. 

SOURCE: The Herald Bulletin 

Aug 18, 2020, 5:52 PM ET

Colts WR Parris Campbell was placed in the concussion protocol after being in a car accident, though head coach Frank Reich said Campbell is "going to be fine." 

Apparently photos of the car accident were harrowing. “If you looked at his car, you wouldn’t say ‘minor,'" Reich told reporters. It appears Campbell didn't suffer any serious injuries and the team is proceeding with caution.
https://twitter.com/AWalkerColts/status/1299389212630843394?s=20

Colts WR Parris Campbell (concussion) returned to practice Tuesday.

Campbell was donning a red no-contact jersey but it's still a step in the right direction after he entered the league's protocol following a minor car accident last week. With negligent competition in the slot for Week 1, Campbell is a viable high-floor FLEX play against Jacksonville if cleared prior to kick-off.

SOURCE: Andrew Walker on Twitter

Sep 1, 2020, 2:49 PM ET

Colts WR Parris Campbell (concussion) was activated from the league's protocol.

He'll reportedly be a "full go" for Week 1 against Jacksonville. Sidelined for a week's worth of practices following a minor car accident, Campbell is in "good shape" and available for practice ahead of the team's season opener. He qualifies as a high-floor FLEX play in deeper PPR leagues to start the year.

SOURCE: Joel Erickson on Twitter

Sep 3, 2020, 1:36 PM ET

High floor? This writer must be high.  I don't think anyone would be shocked if he catches 1-2 balls for 30 yards. 

Colts WR Parris Campbell hauled in 6-of-9 targets for a team-high 71 receiving yards in Indianapolis' Week 1 loss to the Jaguars.

He also received one carry for nine yards. Campbell was slept on throughout the offseason after battling through a hamstring injury, sports hernia, broken hand, and broken foot in his rookie year, but the 4.31 40-speedster showed immediate rapport with Philip Rivers over the middle of the field, flashing his 94th-percentile SPARQ athleticism on downfield shots and yards earned after the catch. As the team's starting wideout across from Hilton, Campbell will be a high-floor WR3/4 (and waiver pickup) in Week 2 against the Vikings.

- Rotoworld
I have to verify this with the snap numbers and make sure that this writer is not on some sort of drug, but I think he got more than one catch for thirty yards. I didn't watch the game though...

Last edited by a moderator:
Andrew Erickson™

@AndrewErickson

Parris Campbell played 95% of his snaps and saw all nine of his targets from the slot.

His next matchup - the Minnesota Vikings - allowed two touchdowns and 132 receiving yards to slot receivers in Week 1

Soup's on for the second-year receiver to FEAST

pff.com/news/fantasy-f…

9/15/20, 8:03 AM

First of all, I was surprised this guy wasn't drafted...second, I was last in waivers.....and third, I was happy to grab him......everyone was scrambling for the RB scraps.

I'm not sold on old man rivers arm anymore, but this guy is their #2, with #1 upside......seems like a no brainer

He is getting no love yet from the public.  I have him as my #4 behind Golladay, A-Rob, Thielen and I can only start a max of three.  I have been shopping him and nobody wants him.  

He is getting no love yet from the public.  I have him as my #4 behind Golladay, A-Rob, Thielen and I can only start a max of three.  I have been shopping him and nobody wants him.  
The shark move, if you are a Campbell truther, is to trade one of the other three.

The shark move, if you are a Campbell truther, is to trade one of the other three.
I have definitely thought about doing that but it's still a bit early.  I also have Slayton, Robby Anderson, Shenault, and Lamb so my depth is very good.  I may put out some feelers

I'm about to drop Preston Williams for Campbell. Please talk me out of it.
I just chose Campbell over Preston to pick up (some of that is short term) thought with M Thomas out and Parker gimpy that I need short term help.   Miami against Buffalo and Williams likely lined up opposite T. White  for Buffalo...contrasted with Campbell against a bad Minnesota secondary .

I'm about to drop Preston Williams for Campbell. Please talk me out of it.
I would find someone else to drop. I feel like Tua is coming, because we have bad Fitz. If that change happens sooner than later it would give Tua time to develop & for us to see if Tua time is timely for Tua. 

:shock:

anyway, it’s not a zero-risk proposition. The upside is you get a really good WR for the stretch run, assuming the rest of your team doesn’t suck.

The downside is that Tua is Tuerrible & Tuanks. Which would be Twua Bad. :(  

CC'd from the Doyle thread:

Jack Doyle (ankle, knee) did not practice Wednesday.

Doyle turned four targets into a 3-49-0 receiving line in the opening loss to the Jaguars. Parris Campbell and Nyheim Hines are really going to eat into his middle-field targets. Doyle is well off the fantasy radar outside of TE-premium formats. If he sits, Mo Alie-Cox should see more reps against the Vikings.

Sep 16, 2020, 3:48 PM ET
We'll have to see how Doyle progresses this week. If he sits or slugs through the game, it could mean bigger things for PCamp.

Crowder leaning towards missing week 2, so Paris is probably my ride or die in a great matchup unless Parker puts in a couple full practices.  :unsure:

I would find someone else to drop. I feel like Tua is coming, because we have bad Fitz. If that change happens sooner than later it would give Tua time to develop & for us to see if Tua time is timely for Tua. 

:shock:

anyway, it’s not a zero-risk proposition. The upside is you get a really good WR for the stretch run, assuming the rest of your team doesn’t suck.

The downside is that Tua is Tuerrible & Tuanks. Which would be Twua Bad. :(  
I dropped my backup QB to hold both. I am going to need to find someone to wheel and deal with me or I will have to drop some of these guys to fill bye week issues at TE and QB. But we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

I'm in a very good situation in a perpetual dynasty league (10 teams) and was shocked to nab Parris after also scooping up Aiyuk, who seemed a bit forgotten about due to his injury,  missing Week 1. Like most of you, other owners scrambled for RB "scraps",  and even prioritized post-hype receivers like Corey Davis over Campbell. Laviska was the other rookie WR, aside from Aiyuk, still available, and he was also acquired ahead of Parris. 

I'm excited to have him on my roster, dropping Preston Williams without a second thought. On, and FYI, I'm a Dolphins fan.

Let's all slow down just a bit. I mean don't get me wrong... I'm as desperate of any of you (AJB owner) and will almost surely be starting PCamp this weekend, but I want to add a bit of reservation to the enthusiasm in this thread so that we don't jinx him! 

5-60-0 + full health this Sunday. Anything more would be manna.
Well I didn't guarantee the confidence wouldn't be misplaced....

Users who are viewing this thread