What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

900 lbs. of pot confiscated in NW Minnesota (1 Viewer)

they are both summer white water river guides, the kind of people tourists trust with their lives.

prolly in need of some some winter cash to ski on and picked up an odd job.

Seems odd that  a K9 unit would be just sitting on a random piece of Interstate. My hunch is that it's been successful before.

That really sucks for them, but you gotta be pretty dumb to commit traffic violations and smoke in the car when mule-ing millions of dollars of drugs cross-country. This mission had little to no chance of success. 

Yeah, there is a massive glut here. Prices have collapsed.  I just bought 1/4 of super good kind bud for $23 after tax.  I'm going to cook with it.  This place is drowning in flower and yet transporting it over a line in the dirt is criminal.  
It's not like they walked into a dispensary and bought a little bit of weed to take back home and smoke. It's 900 lbs. There is obviously some larger criminal conspiracy involved here. 

Yeah, there is a massive glut here. Prices have collapsed.  I just bought 1/4 of super good kind bud for $23 after tax.  I'm going to cook with it.  This place is drowning in flower and yet transporting it over a line in the dirt is criminal.  
we have three times the amount of weed than we can consume!

It's not like they walked into a dispensary and bought a little bit of weed to take back home and smoke. It's 900 lbs. There is obviously some larger criminal conspiracy involved here. 
I was just addressing the point that it might have come from Oregon.  Not a bad assumption...

So they went from MT to OR or WA to collect, then got pulled over heading east in MN...they covered a ton of ground. I wonder where they were heading. If it was the Twin Cities they got awfully close. Seems like a legit supplier would have to be involved one way or the other, how do two dudes like that get their hands on that much product otherwise? 

So they went from MT to OR or WA to collect, then got pulled over heading east in MN...they covered a ton of ground. I wonder where they were heading. If it was the Twin Cities they got awfully close. Seems like a legit supplier would have to be involved one way or the other, how do two dudes like that get their hands on that much product otherwise? 
Doubt it was a legit supplier.  Tons of illegal grows in central / southern OR and NorCal 

I so much want to drive to Colorado this summer, stay a few days and bring a bunch home but I’m scared to drive back through Kansas. 

I so much want to drive to Colorado this summer, stay a few days and bring a bunch home but I’m scared to drive back through Kansas. 
I've done that a few times. Sort of nerve-racking but If you have everything in order with your vehicle, and don't give them a reason to pull you over you should be fine. You will see a ton of highway patrol and cops on I-70 between the border and Salina though, but it calms down from there. 

they are both summer white water river guides, the kind of people tourists trust with their lives.

That is cool they are guides, an awesome career and service to the people.

Transporting 900lb of weed (valued at $4.5 million) is not an odd job to pick up some lift ticket cash.

No offense, but your friends are ####### morons.

If you are committing a felony with decades of potential prison time that involves driving 1000+ miles across state lines and you don't have the common sense to spend $300 to fix your windshield then you probably deserve whatever is coming your way.

That being said, I hope they get off on a technicality.

I can't wait until Mass has this problem

$30K for the gig per the story.

Now they'll get 30 years.

Should be legal everywhere.

Police find 900 lbs of weed. 

Evidence locker overflows with 800 lbs of weed. 

Trial evidence includes over 600 lbs of weed.  

Afterwards the police hold a giant evidence bonfire, burning all 400 lbs of weed. 

Police find 900 lbs of weed. 

Evidence locker overflows with 800 lbs of weed. 

Trial evidence includes over 600 lbs of weed.  

Afterwards the police hold a giant evidence bonfire, burning all 400 lbs of weed. 
In my 20's, the Sherrif's son was the main supplier of my area. 

Not a Sherrif's Deputy, the Sherrif. 

He is still in office too...and I'm 50.

We know our ballot options well. 

Users who are viewing this thread