What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players That Could Excel If Given The Opportunity - Was: Players That Are "Being Held Back" (1 Viewer)

the lone star

Footballguy
Name some players you think are "Being Held Back" in their current situation. 

For instance, Duke Johnson is being held back IMO.

Joe Edit Title

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of middle school football players in Texas are held back so that they can be older than those they’re playing against once they get to high school.

Sometimes when there is a brawl in a football game the coaches will hold back some players on the sidelines so that they don’t rush onto the field to join the fight.

Hey Guys. This can be a good discussion. 

I've changed the title to something a little more to the point.

Players That Could Excel If Given The Opportunity.

These are players you might stash that may not have the value right now, but if a few things go the right way, could excel if given the opportunity. 

There are probably 365 or so players who can Excel if the guys in the office had a different outlook and gave the player access that would take them to a level of scoring fantasy power points.

There are probably 365 or so players who can Excel if the guys in the office had a different outlook and gave the player access that would take them to a level of scoring fantasy power points.

:goodposting:

Can someone list off every NFL player so we can /thread?

Hey Guys. This can be a good discussion. 

I've changed the title to something a little more to the point.

Players That Could Excel If Given The Opportunity.

These are players you might stash that may not have the value right now, but if a few things go the right way, could excel if given the opportunity. 
no

:confused:    "no" what?
The discussion can be good.  When we have someone promoting himself starting threads that don't have relevancy, then you as the Admin just change thread instead of interfering in a more direct route it doesn't send the right message.  I have a few dynasty drafts going on right now and I look to a few threads to help with where the forums place value.  When I see the top 6 threads started by this clown it is frustrating because I thought you care about your forum.

Understood. I'm talking more narrow than that. Maybe like guys who are a super talented RB that are an injury to the starter away. Not all second team RBs are equal of course. Or maybe just a good second team RB with a great O-line that could instantly produce if the starter were to be injured. That kind of thing.

The discussion can be good.  When we have someone promoting himself starting threads that don't have relevancy, then you as the Admin just change thread instead of interfering in a more direct route it doesn't send the right message.  I have a few dynasty drafts going on right now and I look to a few threads to help with where the forums place value.  When I see the top 6 threads started by this clown it is frustrating because I thought you care about your forum.
I care a ton about this forum. It's why I'm working on it on a Sunday. This can be a good discussion. If people will discuss. Would love to hear your thoughts on it. 

Ok I'll bite.  Look at the success receivers have had playing alongside Antonio Brown.  Now that Brown is with the Raiders I'm going be looking at who wins the job alongside him.  Jordy Nelson and Ateman currently, but that may change with the draft and free agency.  So whomever wins the other 2 spots I see as having an opportunity to excel

I care a ton about this forum. It's why I'm working on it on a Sunday. This can be a good discussion. If people will discuss. Would love to hear your thoughts on it. 
Talk more about the originator then.  Why encourage the 5 threads he started.  I thought he was supposed to only start one relevant thread a day?  

Since he was able to create one relevant thread you changed the title to something more relevant to continue the discussion?

Understood. I'm talking more narrow than that. Maybe like guys who are a super talented RB that are an injury to the starter away. Not all second team RBs are equal of course. Or maybe just a good second team RB with a great O-line that could instantly produce if the starter were to be injured. That kind of thing.
There are probably several overlapping functions that concatenate these players into a single dataset. 

Talk more about the originator then.  Why encourage the 5 threads he started.  I thought he was supposed to only start one relevant thread a day?  

Since he was able to create one relevant thread you changed the title to something more relevant to continue the discussion?
It was a good topic. :shrug:  I think we'll be better if we use the forum to discuss football. Thanks. 

It was a good topic. :shrug:  I think we'll be better if we use the forum to discuss football. Thanks. 
That is alright, I will continue to try to ignore Lone Star on your forum.

You have a lot of posters on here I value there opinion a lot regardless of if I agree on their opinion.  I will look elsewhere then Lone Star or I will look to other forums to gain knowledge I think is useful to help me.  I realize you try to always redirect to speak about football.  This guy has been banned on other forums so it is frustrating that a site administrator/owner will simply change thread title on some of his posts.  

Thanks for being excellent.

I mentioned Jalen Richard in the breakout thread as a guy who could break out if no one of substance is brought in. But at the end of the day, despite comparing him to Charlie Garner, I don’t think Gruden will give Richard enough of an opportunity to excel.

Users who are viewing this thread