What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Harry Potter, Wizards Unite: Community Day. Aug 10 (1 Viewer)

@AcerFC Not sure where you're at in the tree but I opened up the Proficiency Charm in the middle of the tree (second middle from the bottom). The Hex charms to the bottom left of the Proficiency have +3, +3, +4, +5 (for the first one) and +3, +3, +4, +4, (for the second one to the previous left). I did the +3, +3 for the first one and to do the +4 you need 22 scrolls AND 14 Spell Books. I can currently do that when I get the scrolls but the +3 for the next circle is 22 Scrolls. I assume the other +3 is 22 Scrolls but those 14 Spell Books may be better used elsewhere.

The Stamina increase in the middle of the tree, above the Proficiency, I have 3/5 on one and the next increase is +14 for 10 scrolls and 7 spell books. The Stamina below it, that I haven't put anything into yet but it is only scrolls for now.

So, I'm currently holding onto Spell books instead of putting them in power or stamina.

@AcerFC Not sure where you're at in the tree but I opened up the Proficiency Charm in the middle of the tree (second middle from the bottom). The Hex charms to the bottom left of the Proficiency have +3, +3, +4, +5 (for the first one) and +3, +3, +4, +4, (for the second one to the previous left). I did the +3, +3 for the first one and to do the +4 you need 22 scrolls AND 14 Spell Books. I can currently do that when I get the scrolls but the +3 for the next circle is 22 Scrolls. I assume the other +3 is 22 Scrolls but those 14 Spell Books may be better used elsewhere.

The Stamina increase in the middle of the tree, above the Proficiency, I have 3/5 on one and the next increase is +14 for 10 scrolls and 7 spell books. The Stamina below it, that I haven't put anything into yet but it is only scrolls for now.

So, I'm currently holding onto Spell books instead of putting them in power or stamina.
I have that proficiency one unlocked. I have been debating what to do next. Having more power would be nice, BUT, 22 scrolls are so much. 

I am not really getting scrolls anymore where I am at with my registry. So to wait until and then use 22, who knows when Ill get any more. 

I know this is part of the game design, but a little frustrating. I may just try to raise my defense to the max since it doesnt cost as much up front. 

I have that proficiency one unlocked. I have been debating what to do next. Having more power would be nice, BUT, 22 scrolls are so much. 

I am not really getting scrolls anymore where I am at with my registry. So to wait until and then use 22, who knows when Ill get any more. 

I know this is part of the game design, but a little frustrating. I may just try to raise my defense to the max since it doesnt cost as much up front. 
I have one achievement coming up that will give me 10 scrolls but then I'm waiting a long time for other achievements with scrolls. I'll have to get some from fighting and building my levels... maybe with Dark Detectors a bit to help.

They need to make spell energy gradually refill. I have no inns around me so I quit about 2 weeks ago.

Got my 10th formidable pixie. That was a big pain
I've only gone to a fortress the last few days to get the daily reward of +10 coins. I failed in my one attempt yesterday to move up, so I've been taken a quick battle and that's it.

However, tonight, I got more scrolls than I thought I would get. I was all set to Increase the Damage per hex but because I have 32 scrolls right now, I'm able to open one right underneath the Proficiency Charm... it would increase my maximum focus from 5 to 7. This would allow a couple strategic spells per battle if the focus is 6/7... however, I may not have the necessary strength in defense charms or whatever to utilize the 7 focus. So, just talking about it, maybe Hex is the way to go.

The +6 in Critical Power, in the same row as the Increase Focus (Maximum Focus) is 26 scrolls.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just hit level 22 this morning. 

I now have 40 scrolls. Decided to actually think about where to use them before just throwing them at anything. I also have 14 books and 3 restricted books. 

#wuproblems

One more thing. It just happend to work out that I will hit my 7 potions for my SOS task tonight opening the werewolf one as they are about to spawn for the first time. Score.  

So, interesting notes from Barcelona

1. I did not get the 2 country achievement. 

2. There are literally inns every 5 feet but the spawns are very rare. Contrast to home in NY or the beach in ocmd and its like there is no calamity here. 

3. Really bummed bc I really wanted the werewolves. But havent seen any yet. Ill keep trying. But most people say they are everywhere 

My hotel is right next to 3 inns and a greenhouse. Really wish it was a fortress instead. 

Zero werewolves last night  :sadbanana:

Needs to happen tonight for me or I Have to wait a whole month for my SOS mission. 

They pushed an update out last night. It was over the air so nothing to download

Zero werewolves last night  :sadbanana:

Needs to happen tonight for me or I Have to wait a whole month for my SOS mission. 

They pushed an update out last night. It was over the air so nothing to download
Werewolves are, supposedly, out for three nights. One night before and after the full moon. I got two. They also changed Challenge XP so lower levels don't get as much. Too many people were spaming those to gain levels... I did not. I'm still on the Formidable Pixie SOS so I hope I don't get the Werewolf one.

@AcerFC massive XP with a Brain elixir. 1100 and 1200 per Hedwig and Harry. I'm out of energy so I have to go spam a place near me later tonight to also get the fortresses. Hedwig gives +5 and Harry gives +20 for the ranking in the registry. I'm at Rank 12 already and have two Harry's to go. Hedwig is full but I got an extra ~10 Hedwigs because Harry didn't show up... massive XP. Also sitting on 19 Spell books, 85 Scrolls, and 10 Restricted.

Not sure about the Restricted yet, haven't checked reddit, but I think I'm putting them into the more powerful defense... Deterioration Hex Maxima for when an opponent attacks or defends.

@AcerFC massive XP with a Brain elixir. 1100 and 1200 per Hedwig and Harry. I'm out of energy so I have to go spam a place near me later tonight to also get the fortresses. Hedwig gives +5 and Harry gives +20 for the ranking in the registry. I'm at Rank 12 already and have two Harry's to go. Hedwig is full but I got an extra ~10 Hedwigs because Harry didn't show up... massive XP. Also sitting on 19 Spell books, 85 Scrolls, and 10 Restricted.

Not sure about the Restricted yet, haven't checked reddit, but I think I'm putting them into the more powerful defense... Deterioration Hex Maxima for when an opponent attacks or defends.
Yeah, i got a ton as well. But the event didnt start until 8 so Im pretty beat (its past midnight) 

Stayed out until I tracked down my 2 werewolves. 

I got Hedwig done but only 4 Harrys. In terms of books, I have 16 red books, 130 scrolls and 10 greens. 

They really changed the fortress stuff around. I threw a couple of Harry runestones into challenges but got nothing back from them. 

Leave tomorrow on a cruise. 4 total days at sea. Not sure ill be able to do community day as Ill be in Rome, and you know. Prioroties. 

Ok. Pretty close to sailing off. Was able to get Harry in the sticker book as well as Harrys trunk.

All I have left for the week is brewing 7 potions and wizarding challenges that actually give the reward. Did 3 yesterday but nothing. 

Should be able to get it done in Rome or Florence. 

Ok. Pretty close to sailing off. Was able to get Harry in the sticker book as well as Harrys trunk.

All I have left for the week is brewing 7 potions and wizarding challenges that actually give the reward. Did 3 yesterday but nothing. 

Should be able to get it done in Rome or Florence. 
Big issue with the Challenges on reddit. The piece can be rare to get... some with ten challenges and nothing. I've done three and nothing so far.

Deterioration Hex Mastery Mastered. 

Event completed. Next strand will be confidence to open up the initial focus 

I am, like many, stuck with two fragments and zero runs stones to get them. I’m close to getting one more but I’ve tried at levels 6-10 and have two. Two Restricted Books are at stake here. 

@AcerFC, you and me must be diagnosing the best way to spend Restricted Books because our trees must be almost identical. Haven’t spent Spell Books to max Attack Damage, holding onto those for now, so I guess stamina might be next for me until Spell / Restricted Books are needed for those. 

Wasted opportunity for the game at the Coliseum in Rome. Would have been great to duel in a fortress there, but there werent any. 

AcerFC said:
Wasted opportunity for the game at the Coliseum in Rome. Would have been great to duel in a fortress there, but there werent any. 
I have a fortress near me that is a liquor store. So...

I got 15 scrolls for my mystery box today. Awesome. Have to go use my Brilliant rune stones to complete the event today. With enough fighting today, I could turn level 25.

Main goal is to max out each skill with scrolls. If a skill needs spell books, stop. Saving spell books to see what happens coming up. For now, saving them cause they may be hard to come by later. 

Almost level 25. 

After leveling to 25, some other Confoundables have opened up. I haven't got them all but I have seen many others. I have 5 port keys ready to be opened but won't till tomorrow when I go to a Fortress and use a Brain Elixir. My SOS ain't moving for sometime now. I need 2 Werewolf tufts from oddities... next full moon for those. But, I need 5 Doxy droppings... I haven't seen one yet so I don't know what to do or where to go. Dark Detectors? IDK

When you get to the final SOS for the event, @AcerFC, switch professions to Auror and focus on floor 3 with low runestones (1, 2, or 3's), to get the Common Dark Wizards. I wasted so many runestones with my Professor and had to buy a bag of rune stones cause I didn't want to waste my 4's and 5's.

Found this info on reddit.

When you get to the final SOS for the event, @AcerFC, switch professions to Auror and focus on floor 3 with low runestones (1, 2, or 3's), to get the Common Dark Wizards. I wasted so many runestones with my Professor and had to buy a bag of rune stones cause I didn't want to waste my 4's and 5's.

I'm not paying attention to the details of this game at all, so this is a stupid question I'm sure.  What is the difference in the numbers on the runestones?  Higher level enemies?

I just got that last set of tasks today. I have a few days to try and get the dark wizards. I actually faced one this morning in the level 1 fortress. If its not happening Ill switch. Thx

I'm not paying attention to the details of this game at all, so this is a stupid question I'm sure.  What is the difference in the numbers on the runestones?  Higher level enemies?
Yes, higher level, more difficult enemies but also different prizes. Some of the prizes not getting filled in are due to the rune stones not being of higher level. I believe they go up to 10, at least the beta version, I believe. 

Switched to Auror. Finished it. Thx

@Mario Kart

What are you doing with your next 15 books. 

It seems like everything left is about upping the defense or proficiency of your team. I dont play with anyone so.....

Im holding on to them until i read up a little. 

This event was too easy. Finished AND completed my vampire and werewolf registries tonight. Need to push for that centaur bow and maybe prestige that page. 

@Mario Kart

What are you doing with your next 15 books. 

It seems like everything left is about upping the defense or proficiency of your team. I dont play with anyone so.....

Im holding on to them until i read up a little. 

This event was too easy. Finished AND completed my vampire and werewolf registries tonight. Need to push for that centaur bow and maybe prestige that page. 
I didn't finish it but I did take a 5 mile walk to get most of it done. I'm holding green books for now. I'm working on saving scrolls to open up the second column to the bottom. I'm on Protego Power right now and need 38 to get the next one... I think the final one in that node will involve red books so I'm going around maxing things until they are red book needed. After Protego, in that column, is Defense. All the way on the right is where I might use 4 green books to get to Proficiency Power. Other than that, saving up scrolls now.

https://www.harrypotterwizardsunite.com/post/hpwuff2019-recap/

I opened up 24 (1km) portkeys for the event. This coming week (begins noon today where I am) I'm going to hit up fortresses to get me closer to level 30. I have many rune stones. I'm not picking up portkeys until tomorrow after noon since I don't want any 3km Brilliant ones because I completed that challenge. I walked 10 miles yesterday but do need to walk a bit today but without portkeys, meh. Maybe pick up one and go and see.

A couple weeks back I did a massive greenhouse campaign. My area, if I walk one street, into a cemetery, circle around, I can replenish my energy. I am sitting at 55 leaping toadstools (some of the 1km portkeys gave a few) and 44 wormwood. I'm constantly brewing potions.

I defeated Dark Tower 1... took about 40 energy and 30ish potions.

I completed  the dragon eggs and then stopped. Too much going on now that soccer started and school starts tomorrow. Thinking my trek to 30 will be a while. 

I Wont even be able to catch any dragons as I have a 430 away game on Saturday. no way I can play between 2-5 est. Bummer. 

The QOL changes they made have been great. Ill stay with it even though I wont level up much until next summer again. 

My goal is to hit level 30 this week. After this week... my game is going to slow down. As long as the weather is good, I may get out and walk around to open up portkeys but I might just stick to one fortress battle a day, to get the coins. Level 35... maybe by Christmas.

My goal is to hit level 30 this week. After this week... my game is going to slow down. As long as the weather is good, I may get out and walk around to open up portkeys but I might just stick to one fortress battle a day, to get the coins. Level 35... maybe by Christmas.
The 25% boost to xp may have me popping some Barrufios and hitting the fortresses myself. I have two off periods in a row and a fortress down the block from school. 

Since Sunday, I have unlocked ~24 portkeys. Since Sunday, I have walked 26 miles just to unlock these things. In the portkeys I have picked up, none have been of the 10km kind. I'm not bummed however, wth?

Since Sunday, I have unlocked ~24 portkeys. Since Sunday, I have walked 26 miles just to unlock these things. In the portkeys I have picked up, none have been of the 10km kind. I'm not bummed however, wth?
Same. Cant find that 10k one

I'm still going strong here. Should be hitting level 35 this week or next week. Portkeys will be fewer unlocked as winter sets in and I can't go for walks. Took a walk today to fill and empty my bank of eight. Colder temps equals fewer walks though.

@AcerFC I have over 1100 coins now. I want to buy the 475 stuff but just collecting coins is fun too. I want lots of silver keys too.

I'm still going strong here. Should be hitting level 35 this week or next week. Portkeys will be fewer unlocked as winter sets in and I can't go for walks. Took a walk today to fill and empty my bank of eight. Colder temps equals fewer walks though.

@AcerFC I have over 1100 coins now. I want to buy the 475 stuff but just collecting coins is fun too. I want lots of silver keys too.
In the time it took me to reach 30, you went from 30-35. 

I missed that dragon day where most people leveled up twice. 

I knew work would slow me, but it has basically halted play. I completed the events, but barely. 

1st task of new event requires adding a new friend so I sent some invites to codes listed on 1st page. Others can add me if they want, 7728 4867 9165.

@AcerFC I send you two of the best runestones and I get spell energy back. Humph!

j/k
I haven’t really been into it. I broke my foot and still have portkeys from early November. Sorry. I was able to get to one fortress the other night. I think I sent you some gifts from there. 

I haven’t really been into it. I broke my foot and still have portkeys from early November. Sorry. I was able to get to one fortress the other night. I think I sent you some gifts from there. 
Just pulling your leg. I figured I'd send the best gift to you, and will continue to do so, rather than some stranger.

Users who are viewing this thread