Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
supermike80

Did Boeing cheese off CNN at one time?

Their attack on Boeing over the 737 crashes seems excessive.

Now knowing, of course, that CNN is as far from responsible journalism that can exist in America,  I wonder what Boeing did to piss them off?

I thought they had a line on the first crash.  The second one is an eerily similar part of flight so by its very nature is suspicious.  I wouldn't be in a hurry to jump on one of these today.

CNN does everything for ratings and profits, not politics.  

9 minutes ago, toshiba said:

So you think that 2 planes crashing in 6 months for a new type of plane doesn't warrant this coverage?

I KNEW this would be asked..I just knew it.

God it's as predictable as the sun rising.    And no, I don't think it necessarily does and it seems CNN is the biggest source for this.  So I asked the question.  If you don't have an answer, thats cool..just say so..

Jesus.

23 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Now knowing, of course, that CNN is as far from responsible journalism that can exist in America,  I wonder what Boeing did to piss them off?

Are you suggesting they shouldn't mention the fact that 2 brand new Boeings that happen to be the exact same model crashed in six months?  What kind of reporting would that be?

1 minute ago, supermike80 said:

I KNEW this would be asked..I just knew it.

God it's as predictable as the sun rising.    And no, I don't think it necessarily does and it seems CNN is the biggest source for this.  So I asked the question.  If you don't have an answer, thats cool..just say so..

Jesus.

Perhaps the better question is what did CNN do to piss off Supermike?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

Just now, JuniorNB said:

Perhaps the better question is what did CNN do to piss off Supermike?

Existed.   Just being there pisses me off.  CNN is the worst news organization ever.  And I used to like them

1 minute ago, JuniorNB said:

Are you suggesting they shouldn't mention the fact that 2 brand new Boeings that happen to be the exact same model crashed in six months?  What kind of reporting would that be?

No..I am not suggesting that.  Rolleyes

Edited by supermike80

It's not just that it was two planes of the same model that crashed.  It was that two planes of the same model crashed under very similar means.  Right after takeoff, with the anti-stall thingamabob malfunctioning.  

• Like 1

Just now, Scoresman said:

It's not just that it was two planes of the same model that crashed.  It was that two planes of the same model crashed under very similar means.  Right after takeoff, with the anti-stall thingamabob malfunctioning.  

Do they know the cause of #2 yet?

Existed.   Just being there pisses me off.  CNN is the worst news organization ever.  And I used to like them

Then just start a thread saying that.  And add a crying emojie.  Why do the whole charade about Boeing?

• Like 2

Just now, Scoresman said:

We can close the thread. Supermike admitted that he's mad at CNN for not being Foxnews and protecting Trump.

• Like 4

Just now, supermike80 said:

Do they know the cause of #2 yet?

I thought I had read that communication from the cockpit before the crash led them to believe it was a similar circumstance.  I'll try and find the link.  

Also, it did the same exact thing where the initial climb was slow and then had sudden reductions in altitude,  

We can close the thread. Supermike admitted that he's mad at CNN for not being Foxnews and protecting Trump.

Oh god. You must be one of the young kids around here?

1 minute ago, Scoresman said:

I thought I had read that communication from the cockpit before the crash led them to believe it was a similar circumstance.  I'll try and find the link.  

Also, it did the same exact thing where the initial climb was slow and then had sudden reductions in altitude,  

They have the same flight path, leveled out dipped, climbed again, then RIP.  It is suspicious but may not be the same thing.

These pilots also called that they wanted to come back to the base, but didn't specify any particular issue.

Just now, culdeus said:

They have the same flight path, leveled out dipped, climbed again, then RIP.  It is suspicious but may not be the same thing.

These pilots also called that they wanted to come back to the base, but didn't specify any particular issue.

That'd be one hell of a coincidence if two planes of the same model crashed in the same manner with the same erratic flight path after takeoff.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Scoresman said:
3 minutes ago, culdeus said:

That'd be one hell of a coincidence if two planes of the same model crashed in the same manner with the same erratic flight path after takeoff.  

But please don't report on it!

It's the top story on the Bloomberg website. That plane is temporarily grounded in 3 countries,  China, Indonesia and Ethiopia .

1 minute ago, SoBeDad said:

It's the top story on the Bloomberg website. That plane is temporarily grounded in 3 countries,  China, Indonesia and Ethiopia .

Maybe not an ax to grind...Sure seemed like it.  

But I neglected to understand CNN's standing here.

Maybe not an ax to grind...Sure seemed like it.  

But I neglected to understand CNN's standing here.

You should probably delete the thread. You haven't even had one single person support you. And there are plenty here who hate CNN.  In fact, to NOT report that they were both the same model of Boeing would have been journalistic malpractice.

38 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

How do they compare to State TV and their burying of the Stormy Daniels story because it might affect Individual 1's electability?  

2 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

You should probably delete the thread. You haven't even had one single person support you. And there are plenty here who hate CNN.  In fact, to NOT report that they were both the same model of Boeing would have been journalistic malpractice.

Wait..Is the purpose of creating threads here to have people support you?  I didn't know that.  I thought you were free to express your opinions about whatever you wish..

Is this untrue?

2 minutes ago, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Supermike, you might need a nap.  Seems DST may have made you a little grumpy.

What is DST?   Asking for a friend

3 minutes ago, Dickies said:

How do they compare to State TV and their burying of the Stormy Daniels story because it might affect Individual 1's electability?  

They both are terrible.  

Just now, ClownCausedChaos2 said:

Daylight Savings Time

OHHHH!!!!  LOL Ok thats funny. I sincerely thought it was some political acronym like TDS.....No lie.

Plane crashes pretty much don't happen any more.  So when two occur in a six month window involving the same new aircraft, it's certainly prudent to take a closer look.

• Like 3

Wait..Is the purpose of creating threads here to have people support you?  I didn't know that.  I thought you were free to express your opinions about whatever you wish..

Is this untrue?

You started a thread topic and two minutes later admitted that what CNN did wrong was existed.  After having every single response tell you that they were absolutely correct in reporting that this was the exact same plane that crashed six months ago.  So while getting support isn't necessarily the purpose of starting a thread, having everyone tell you you're wrong is probably a good reason to try to think of a better topic to start.

Now I'm curious, hasn't Fox News mentioned that they were the same model of plane? Or NBC?  Or CBS?    Why was CNN even made the target? Hopefully, they've all reported that little coincidence.

Edited by JuniorNB

You started a thread topic and two minutes later admitted that what CNN did wrong was existed.  After having every single response tell you that they were absolutely correct in reporting that this was the exact same plane that crashed six months ago.  So while getting support isn't necessarily the purpose of starting a thread, having everyone tell you you're wrong is probably a good reason to try to think of a better topic to start.

Whatever..I posted my thought, this board disagreed..If you aren't man enough to take the disagreement and have to delete posts like a weak minded person, that's your decision.  My post remains.  If no one agrees with my thought, I can handle it. I am a mature guy that knows other people don't always agree with me.

taking your ball and going home ended at childhood.

Whatever..I posted my thought, this board disagreed..If you aren't man enough to take the disagreement and have to delete posts like a weak minded person, that's your decision.  My post remains.  If no one agrees with my thought, I can handle it. I am a mature guy that knows other people don't always agree with me.

taking your ball and going home ended at childhood.

You just admitted that you don't even know if the other networks reported the fact that they were both Boeing 737 Max's. Which destroys the entire premise of the thread that CNN must have a bone to pick with Boeing. Like I said, just start a thread saying that CNN upsets you. Why disguise it as a plane crash issue?

So if CNN reports on a massive storm, does that mean they hold a grudge against the sky?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 4

You just admitted that you don't even know if the other networks reported the fact that they were both Boeing 737 Max's. Which destroys the entire premise of the thread that CNN must have a bone to pick with Boeing. Like I said, just start a thread saying that CNN upsets you. Why disguise it as a plane crash issue?

I admitted I didn't know what Fox posted. I don't go to their website or their network.  So I would have no idea what they are reporting.  

Secondly, and MUCH more importantly.  I didn't say CNN must be doing anything.  It just seemed like they did.  Clearly no one here knows if they did and I am happy with that response

Edited by supermike80

Just now, Skoo said:

So if CNN reports on a massive storm, does that mean they hold a grudge against the sky?

Not in  my opinion, no.

But cool analagy bro--you must be one of the smart ones here?

I admitted I didn't know what Fox posted. I don't go to their website or their network.  So I would have no idea what they are reporting.  

Ummm, thanks for proving my point. 

So, if I go check Fox News' website and they mention that two of the same model Boeings have crashed in six months, will you agree to add Fox News to your thread title?

Edited by JuniorNB

4 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

Sure man.  Do you feel like you've won?  

So, if I go check Fox News' website and they mention that two of the same model Boeings have crashed in six months, will you agree to add Fox News to your thread title?

4 minutes ago, JuniorNB said:

It really is a yes or no answer isn't it?    Why are you complicating things.

However..I did just look at fox news's website for fun.  It appears the attention being paid to this story by them is quite different.  

Edited by supermike80

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It really is a yes or no answer isn't it?    Why are you complicating things

That's what I thought. NOW I know I've won. Carry on.

If you are going to attack a news organization over something specific can you at least link us to what you are referencing?  When I look up Boeing 737 I get articles from every news organization being at least critical of Boeing.

2 minutes ago, supermike80 said:

It really is a yes or no answer isn't it?    Why are you complicating things

Dude, come on. It was obviously not a yes or no question, because nobody who posts here would have any reason to know unless they currently work at CNN.  It was a loaded question intended to pave the way for you to take broader shots at a news organization you dislike (you couldn't even get through the OP without taking a shot). Which is fine, I don't like them either. But you can't really get upset when a loaded question gets loaded responses.

4 minutes ago, Dickies said:

If you are going to attack a news organization over something specific can you at least link us to what you are referencing?  When I look up Boeing 737 I get articles from every news organization being at least critical of Boeing.

I was specifically referncing CNN's home page and the very large headlines...multiples of them.

Not sure what I can link for you    I mean it's cnn.com if you want the website?

1 minute ago, Officer Pete Malloy said:

Oh no question it's a story. But it is a single link on their home page.  Where as CNN has it ALLLLLLL OVVEEERRRR The left side of their page.

So I was just curious.  Clearly you all dont think there is anything to it.  I have accepted it and have moved on.  Unless you want to keep going?