What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast.....Rank them! (1 Viewer)

How do you rank pancakes, waffles, and french toast (1 is best and 3 is worst....from left to right)

• Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Pancakes, French Toast, Waffles

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • Waffles, French Toast, Pancakes

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • French Toast, Waffles, Pancakes

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • French Toast, Pancakes, Waffles

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • Some other order not listed above.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I eat more pancakes but like waffles waaaay better. Especially since watching Triple D has showed me how to push the envelope on ingredients. Now i'm throwin bacon and corn and leftover herbs and such in there, and ever since a thing i saw about turning leftover turkey stuffing into waffles as the base for enjoying holiday leftovers, i'm making stuffing now just to turn em into waffles. Boy howdy!

I went Waffles, French Toast, Pancakes, however, I eat pancakes the most because they’re the easiest 

waffles also gain points for versatility, can be breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert.

i could really go for a nice thin waffle topped with a ton of butter, syrup and pecans right about now 

Find the right waffle recipe and get yourself a good waffle iron and they are the clear winner here. 

French Toast comes in 2nd and pancakes the clear cut loser of these three.

1. Waffles (but they have to be relatively thin so that they get evenly coated with butter).

2. French Toast (but only when made from Cinnamon Swirl Bread or something similar).

3. Pancakes (when made with buttermilk they can rival the mighty waffle, but when made with Krusteaz and water then I'll pass every time).

You all realize you can use the same recipe for pancakes as you do for waffles right?  You just don't have that stupid waffle iron thing to clean out afterwards. 

I eat more pancakes but like waffles waaaay better. Especially since watching Triple D has showed me how to push the envelope on ingredients. Now i'm throwin bacon and corn and leftover herbs and such in there, and ever since a thing i saw about turning leftover turkey stuffing into waffles as the base for enjoying holiday leftovers, i'm making stuffing now just to turn em into waffles. Boy howdy!
This sounds fantastic I may have to adjust my rankings a bit.

You all realize you can use the same recipe for pancakes as you do for waffles right?  You just don't have that stupid waffle iron thing to clean out afterwards. 
But that stupid iron thing is what gives it the texture that keeps it from becoming a soggy mess like pancakes.

I never ever have interest in finishing an order of pancakes. Best thing to do if out to breakfast is to order a short stack for the table to share. A few bites is more than enough.

But that stupid iron thing is what gives it the texture that keeps it from becoming a soggy mess like pancakes.

I never ever have interest in finishing an order of pancakes. Best thing to do if out to breakfast is to order a short stack for the table to share. A few bites is more than enough.
Part of the reason for the pancake love is I feel it's a better compliment to the star of a good breakfast...the Egg.  More specifically an eggs cooked overeasy.  I like the yolk absorption factor of a pancake especially combined with syrup and butter.

That stupid iron thing is what makes them come out too dry... eff a waffle.

You forgot pancakes that are then dregged through egg and turned into french toast........... seriously!!  

apparently there is also this thing called German Toast, but I have never had that. 

Dan Lambskin said:
I went Waffles, French Toast, Pancakes, however, I eat pancakes the most because they’re the easiest 

waffles also gain points for versatility, can be breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert.

i could really go for a nice thin waffle topped with a ton of butter, syrup and pecans right about now 

definition of waffle house. 

[scooter] said:
3. Pancakes (when made with buttermilk they can rival the mighty waffle, but when made with Krusteaz and water then I'll pass every time).
never tell anyone you have money

Voted P F W

... because of the consistency in which they are made.

I will say though, there’s something great about how a waffle captures different pockets of flavors. Oh this bite has more butter! Oh the powdered sugar clumped up in this bite etc etc ...

Also. I rarely eat any of them lol. I’m mostly a non-sweet breakfast eater.

french toast can hit higher heights than most pancakes or waffles, IMO. goes better with fruit and spices than the other two.

that said- Clinton St Bakery pancakes are sprinkled with crack dust or something... so- ####### good, I'd paint two murals for some of that action.  we live basically around the corner and used to go every weekend when it opened... but the word got out, and people from all over NYC started coming- and then the japanese tour-buses. no reservations for breakfast and it's usually 1-2 hour wait. but  it's hard to vote against those particular pancakes for me.

waffles. meh. I like them, but I like them better when it's chicken n' waffles. they're not much on their own, no matter where I've had them.

so P-F----------W

It depends on the quality of the items, but if we are talking perfect specimens of each, it's F - W - P. Waffles can be finicky with thickness and texture issues. Pancakes are the old consistent standby. I don't think I've ever had a bad pancake. I have definitely had bad french toast and bad waffles. Simply put, perfect french toast is hard to beat. 

It depends on the quality of the items, but if we are talking perfect specimens of each, it's F - W - P. Waffles can be finicky with thickness and texture issues. Pancakes are the old consistent standby. I don't think I've ever had a bad pancake. I have definitely had bad french toast and bad waffles. Simply put, perfect french toast is hard to beat. 
bad pancakes are just... bad. the kind you get at a buffet, camp, etc. I think pancakes and french toast hit lower lows than waffles.

I'm gonna wait til we get a post from that guy here who's way too into Belgian food before I weigh in. 

wikkidpissah said:
Same can be done with French toast. First off, the bread is critical - don't settle for ####ty run-of-the-mill white bread. Buy an uncut loaf of fresh Challah and slice it thick. Maybe slice it EXTRA thick, then make a cut into it and stuff some fruit or PB & J or any other crap you like into the bread. Mix some OJ into the beaten egg you dip the bread in to give it some citrus tang. Or ad some crumbled bacon to the egg wash. Crush up some of your favorite cereal and after dipping in the egg, roll the bread in a pile of the crumbs to give it some crunchy texture....Corn Flakes, Cinnamon Toast Crunch, any of the Chex varieties, Cocoa Pebbles, whatever. Be creative and take some pride in your work boys!

Hmm, I guess that explains why the local stores are always wiped out of bread, eggs, and milk before every snow storm.

Users who are viewing this thread