What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast.....Rank them! (1 Viewer)

How do you rank pancakes, waffles, and french toast (1 is best and 3 is worst....from left to right)

• Pancakes, Waffles, French Toast

Votes: 13 9.4%
  • Pancakes, French Toast, Waffles

Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Waffles, Pancakes, French Toast

Votes: 19 13.8%
  • Waffles, French Toast, Pancakes

Votes: 27 19.6%
  • French Toast, Waffles, Pancakes

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • French Toast, Pancakes, Waffles

Votes: 23 16.7%
  • Some other order not listed above.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
All I know is that in May, there are three fairs that happen near me in consecutive weeks, and I can't wait to walk around the midway eating one of these bad boys.
State fairs are so challenged when it comes to providing reasonableness, I thought that the middle might actually be a type of fried butter. 

Ice cream sounds wonderful. Nice pic.  

Last edited by a moderator:
State fairs are so challenged when it comes to providing reasonableness, I thought that the middle might actually be a fried butter. 

Ice cream sounds wonderful. Nice pic.  
This has been a staple at fairs in the PA area for probably half a century.  Maybe more.  And I'm sure more states.  In fact, I grew up thinking everyone knew about these.  Then I was in Texas and I mentioned them and people had no clue.  I couldn't imagine living a life where an ice cream waffle didn't exist.

pancakes are a good median for extra items as well.    but a good old fashioned cinnamon French toast with Texas toast as bread and real maple syrup. 

It's really kind of a shame. I feel like I've missed out. 

I love the powdered sugar in the picture. Dang if I couldn't go for one of those on a spring/summer night.  
They are heaven.  And the powdered sugar is what brings it all together.  You can either get all vanilla or Neapolitan.  I prefer just vanilla.  They cook the waffle right there so its warm and crunchy and the ice cream melts as you eat it.  OMG.  Usually after the fairs are over, our family goes on a kick trying to make them at home.  But there's just something about a carnie making it.   

my old man used to tell me that real men just drink coffee and chew on a stick for breakfast he said his favorite was hickory but look fellas my dad had lot of batshartcrazy ideas there is really no way around it but hey he did love him some hickory take that to the bank bromigos 

Pipes said:
You all realize you can use the same recipe for pancakes as you do for waffles right?  You just don't have that stupid waffle iron thing to clean out afterwards. 
Clearly, this is where you are ####### things up.  

When done right, there aren't really any losers here but the correct answer is WPF.  You french toast lovers have been fooled.  Have a nice bread omelette, guy.

They're interchangeable, imo. 

Depending on my mood, hunger level, what I'm craving, and how they're made. 

Sometimes, some huge fluffy challah french toast will hit the spot, strawberry pancakes might hit the spot at another time, and some huge Belgian waffle will at other times. 

Best french toast you'll ever have - Anyone ever in NYC, head to Carroll Gardens, go have brunch at Buttermilk Channel and order the Pecan Pie French Toast.

bad pancakes are just... bad. the kind you get at a buffet, camp, etc. I think pancakes and french toast hit lower lows than waffles.
That is a fair point about buffet pancakes. I find even those to be tolerable with ample butter and syrup and perhaps removal of the tough outer edges. Also agree on bad french toast,  but for the purposes of voting, I was going with best of the best. 

my old man used to tell me that real men just drink coffee and chew on a stick for breakfast he said his favorite was hickory but look fellas my dad had lot of batshartcrazy ideas there is really no way around it but hey he did love him some hickory take that to the bank bromigos 
F - W - P - HS

• Laughing
Reactions: SWC
F - W - P - HS
for my old man it was c then hs and then if you even thought of anything else you could get the hell out of his house thats just how it was take that to the bank brohan 

French toast should not even be listed.  

Let me take a piece of bread and dip it in some #### and think it compares to a waffle or a pancake.  Wtf is wrong with you people?

Finally a pole I can get behind, death to pancakes!...

Current Weighted Scores from 131 votes:

(1st choice: 3pts, 2nd choice: 2pts, 3rd choice: 1pt)

French Toast: 289

Waffles: 264

Pancakes: 233

The "Best Thing I Ever Ate" was the Bouchon French Toast in Las Vegas (when it was still on the menu).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread