What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Anyone in here good at Photoshop? - Update: HE GOT HOPS IPA (1 Viewer)

dickey moe

Fingerpicker
I'm entering my company's homebrew contest and I need help with the design of the beer bottle label. Would anyone in here be able to help me with this? I have an idea already but need help with the implementation. You'll have a six-pack coming to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, pigeons...sure.  No problem.  But you’re talking beer label, dude.  That’s a whole other level. 

Unless, of course, your idea involves putting a pigeon on a beer label...then we should talk.

Fiverr.com will probably be your best bet if you don't get a bite here. 

If you're not familiar, you can either post "jobs" for people to respond to or search through services offered by graphic designers, photographers, crafty people, etc. Starts at $5 and goes up from there based on whatever your or their specifications are, how many edits you want, etc.

In the past my wife used it to design her business logo, I used it for a simple tattoo design, and most recently I used it because I had a great picture from the first family vacation we took after our daughter was born.

Problem was there was an absolute behemoth of a woman right in the middle of the background of the picture that the waitress took for us in some restaurant. Went on fiverr and $5 later she was scrubbed right out of existence and the picture has been beautifully displayed in our house ever since.

I'm entering my company's homebrew contest and I need help with the design of the beer bottle label. Would anyone in here be able to help me with this? I have an idea already but need help with the implementation. You'll have a six-pack coming to you.
PM Sent

glvsav37 and LAUNCH check your PMs. I would need this label by early next week at the latest. Best one gets recognition and a six-pack.

LAUNCH - FBGs says you can't accept messages in your inbox. Post a regular (or burner) email address in here if you can.

Fiverr.com will probably be your best bet if you don't get a bite here. 

If you're not familiar, you can either post "jobs" for people to respond to or search through services offered by graphic designers, photographers, crafty people, etc. Starts at $5 and goes up from there based on whatever your or their specifications are, how many edits you want, etc.

In the past my wife used it to design her business logo, I used it for a simple tattoo design, and most recently I used it because I had a great picture from the first family vacation we took after our daughter was born.

Problem was there was an absolute behemoth of a woman right in the middle of the background of the picture that the waitress took for us in some restaurant. Went on fiverr and $5 later she was scrubbed right out of existence and the picture has been beautifully displayed in our house ever since.
Would rather pay a FBGs with homebrew than some schmoe $5.

dickey moe said:
Would rather pay a FBGs with homebrew than some schmoe $5.
How good is the beer? I'm happy to act as the GC and get you your logo via a Fiverr schmoe.

Most of us still don't know what the logo idea is!

Are you afraid that we work for the same company as you ... and are entering the same home brew contest as you?

Should we just start guessing until we figure it out?

Can you at least let us know what type of beer you are labeling? Larger? Porter? IPA??

Are you afraid that we work for the same company as you ... and are entering the same home brew contest as you?

Can you at least let us know what type of beer you are labeling? Larger? Porter? IPA??
glvsav37 is working on it. I'll share the logo in here after I ship the homebrew out to Denver for the judging/contest.

The contest is following Beer Judge Certification Program (BJCP) 2015 style guidelines.

We were aiming to brew a West Coast IPA, but need to check the final gravity this weekend. If the ABV comes out below the guidelines for an IPA, we might have to call it a Pale Ale or a Session IPA.

the phrase "session ipa" needs to go away... I ran across a "double session ipa" online the other day and kicked myself in the nards for even reading it.
I hate all that jazz too, but this is a competition so it has to follow da rulez.

dickey moe said:
glvsav37 is working on it. I'll share the logo in here after I ship the homebrew out to Denver for the judging/contest.
TELL US YOUR IDEA SO WE CAN HAVE FUN WITH IT WHILE THE ACTUAL LOGO IS WORKED ON!!1!!1! 

It's coming...glvsav37 did an amazing job, just needs some final minor tweaking. I'll post a link to it when it's finalized.
Why are we continually going back and forth on this? It’s not really about the final label for us right now. We’ll inevitably see that later. We want to know the ideas you originally had so we can schtick it up.  :whoosh:

Why are we continually going back and forth on this? It’s not really about the final label for us right now. We’ll inevitably see that later. We want to know the ideas you originally had so we can schtick it up.  :whoosh:
He doesn't get it. He just can't seem to grasp the potential entertainment value that he's stolen from us.

All business and no fun. Such a shame. 

Thankfully I found what I think is a prototype for his label idea:

Dicky Moe Brewing Co.

He doesn't get it. He just can't seem to grasp the potential entertainment value that he's stolen from us.

Dicky Moe Brewing Co.
Plenty of time for more shtick. More label discussion for future brews will probably spawn from this.

Bossman said:

Dicky Moe Brewing Co.
I remember talking to one of my local beer store workers about labels and she pointed that one out and said something along the lines of “who the hell thought that was a good idea”

I remember talking to one of my local beer store workers about labels and she pointed that one out and said something along the lines of “who the hell thought that was a good idea”
What cracked me up was the remark on the label .. below the government warning and above the "Brewer Owned" banner.

I've never seen that noise spelled out before. Not an easy thing to do but they nailed it.

glvsav37 really came through with the label for HE GOT HOPS SESSION IPA.

Now we have to decide between the vertical or horizontal label.
so racist. 

Why's it have to be a man of color on the label? White guys from Europe can't dunk?

oh boy, .... and it looks like he's dunking a cannabis bud. 

Might as well just call it "He Got Hops Gin and Juice".

... and you're late to the party. There's already "Got Mad Hops IPA" and "Baby Got Hops". Not very original.

You really should have consulted with us prior to finalizing. FBG army would have come up with a witty and original idea ... that isn't so racist.

Users who are viewing this thread