What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lori Laughlin & Felicity Huffman BUSTED! (1 Viewer)

Tom Servo

Nittany Beavers
You're getting the Full House - Prison Break crossover you didn't know you wanted.

TV actresses Felicity Huffman and Lori Loughlin are among dozens of people charged with paying bribes to get their kids into top universities in a widespread college admissions scam, according to reports Tuesday.

More than 40 people have been indicted in the scheme that allegedly involved students gaining entrance to schools including Georgetown, Stanford, Wake Forest University, UCLA and Yale as recruited athletes — regardless of their athletic ability.

Federal prosecutors in Boston say parents paid an admissions consultant $25 million from 2011 through Feb. 2019 to bribe the coaches and administrators in order to help their kids get accepted.

The California man is accused of steering that money to either an SAT and ACT administrator to help the students get admitted.

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1105492355510083592

Indictment against wealthy parents buying their kids into selective college is stunning. Some kids didn't know about their parents efforts. But Lori Loughlin's kids did. They pretended to row crew - even posed on ERG machines - to get into USC. They are both Instagram stars.

After receiving provisional admission based on pretended to row crew, Loughlin's daughter couldn't figure out how to fill out the actual application, so they had the fraudster fill one out for her. The scope of laziness and entitlement here is something

:lmao:

https://twitter.com/JuddLegum/status/1105492355510083592

Indictment against wealthy parents buying their kids into selective college is stunning. Some kids didn't know about their parents efforts. But Lori Loughlin's kids did. They pretended to row crew - even posed on ERG machines - to get into USC. They are both Instagram stars.

After receiving provisional admission based on pretended to row crew, Loughlin's daughter couldn't figure out how to fill out the actual application, so they had the fraudster fill one out for her. The scope of laziness and entitlement here is something

:lmao:
Isn't that what USC is? The place rich LA people send their kids who can't get in elsewhere?

Isn't that what USC is? The place rich LA people send their kids who can't get in elsewhere?
That’s my kids top choice. Definitely used to have that reputation back when I was applying to college, but not so much these days. Very competitive admissions (unless you’re a rich participant in a bribery scheme that is).

Some kids didn't know about their parents efforts. But Lori Loughlin's kids did. They pretended to row crew - even posed on ERG machines - to get into USC. They are both Instagram stars.
Sure they are.

If accurate, all those busted deserve what they get.

Lori Loughlin is said to agreed to $500,000 in bribes for them to get into USC?  That seems like an awful lot for someone with an estimated net worth of $8 million.  And honestly, who cares where they go, they have their lives already secure.

So...… yeah....

I just need to know if the tip I gave the tour guide in Gainesville was too big or too small.  kthanks.

Sigh... Thorton Mellon did this the right way
I love that Rodney Dangerfield has been a part of two different fictional comedy schemes to get admitted to a prestigious university through bribes. Once as Thornton Mellon and once as Larry, Mr. Burns' long-lost son.

Too bad he's dead, the news networks could've had him on as an expert.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to believe this is the tip of the iceberg. There have to be many many more of these so called “ fixers” who are getting kids into schools they have no business attending. 

I bet this is just the start 

Payments run through a 501(c)(3) charity. How despicable. If any of these parents actually sought charitable deductions for their bribes, the feds need to tack on another year or two. 
Apparently, that's one of the ways they were caught and it is increasing the charges. Not only were they making donations in upward of $400K to the sham charity, but the main guy had his employee's sending them letters saying "no goods or services were exchanged for the donation" and then they went ahead and deducted it from their income tax. That's why the IRS version of the Feds are involved b/c thats tax fraud. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Apparently, that's one of the ways they were caught and it is increasing the charges. Not only were they making donations in upward of $400K to the sham charity, but the main guy had his employee's sending them letters saying "no goods or services were exchanged for the donation" and then they went ahead and deducted it from their income tax. That's why the IRS version of the Feds are involved b/c thats tax fraud. 
400k each?  That seems like a hell of a lot to pay for this service.  

400k each?  That seems like a hell of a lot to pay for this service.  
not all of them but the press conference said that it was as high as $400k 

I guess it depends on what school they wanted to get into...and its a hell of a lot cheaper than building a new gym. 

Users who are viewing this thread