What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lori Laughlin & Felicity Huffman BUSTED! (1 Viewer)

This irritates me much more than the original scandal:

The first lawsuits targeting elite universities and individuals charged by federal prosecutors in a sweeping college admissions scandal were filed by a student and parent on Wednesday in California.

The parent, Jennifer Kay Toy, claimed in San Francisco Superior Court that her son Joshua — with a 4.2 grade-point average — was not admitted to some schools because of the "despicable actions" of parents implicated in the scandal.

In addition to Toy's civil complaint, a Stanford student filed what she's hoping will become a class-action lawsuit against the school and all the other implicated universities, claiming their degrees will not be "worth as much as" before.
Everyone is a victim, they just need the a little external justification of their victimhood to let it shine. That's the kind of world we live in.

Hey guys you don't spend much time in the dark side, aka PSF, so good on you for not knowing TJ is a troll.  
It’s because I’m not. I definitely have views that are obviously distinctly different than some others, and especially from others on this specific board. Big deal. So if I post my opinion like everyone else does who’s not a troll and it’s 180 degrees from yours, and then I get challenged for having that opinion, and I respond honestly and consistently, I’m a troll? Gotcha. Should I ignore when people quote me and just take their shots? 

By the way, I run an NCAA pool you’re welcome to join. There’s a thread on the free for all somewhere.

In that case, you should care very much about what has happened here.

This scam has reduced enrollment opportunities for underprivileged white kids, just like Affirmative Action has done.
Dude. You act like the people number is in the millions. Gimme a break already. 

Phil Mickelson only used the agency to help his daughter figure out which college would be a good fit.  He is shocked about all this.  Hmmm.

https://twitter.com/PhilMickelson/status/1106271208692244481
He got out in front of this because his name was probably going to get floated/leaked out.  As much as his reputation as FIGJAM makes me suspicious as to his ego with regards to his kid's school, it's entirely possible and even likely that he didn't do anything wrong.  

Sand said:
He got out in front of this because his name was probably going to get floated/leaked out.  As much as his reputation as FIGJAM makes me suspicious as to his ego with regards to his kid's school, it's entirely possible and even likely that he didn't do anything wrong.  
i am of the other opinion.  he definitely is trying to get out in front of it.  but, i'd guess he's dirty.

Capella said:
@bobvulfov

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: ur child was not accepted to our college

FELICITY HUFFMAN: then i will have to do a crime

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: u can just donate some money & we'll let em in

FELICITY HUFFMAN: a crime i shall do

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: just make a donation

FELICITY HUFFMAN: crime time
This post has been getting love, but I've been laughing all night. 

:lmao:

I can just see it.  

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: did u hear the word donation

FELICITY HUFFMAN: help mchuff take a bite out for crime

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to think of a clever name for the title of her movie.  Something that would play on words like it's so often done.  Full House might just be perfect, though.
Fluffer House? 

Fuller Hoes?

Fuller Holes? 

Fill'em Up House?

ETA: Hey, that's someone felon daughter guy! 

Sinn Fein said:
This irritates me much more than the original scandal:

The first lawsuits targeting elite universities and individuals charged by federal prosecutors in a sweeping college admissions scandal were filed by a student and parent on Wednesday in California.

The parent, Jennifer Kay Toy, claimed in San Francisco Superior Court that her son Joshua — with a 4.2 grade-point average — was not admitted to some schools because of the "despicable actions" of parents implicated in the scandal.

In addition to Toy's civil complaint, a Stanford student filed what she's hoping will become a class-action lawsuit against the school and all the other implicated universities, claiming their degrees will not be "worth as much as" before.
I would suggest these lawsuits are helpful in putting the screws to colleges allowing this to happen. I bet it’s much, much more rampant than just these celebs.

As far as the second lawsuit, there is some merit there too. Much like the Penn State scandal, when one hears “Penn State”, inevitably child molestation comes to mind. 

Statorama said:
Who wouldn't watch a prison reality show with Lori and Felicity
Long haired felicity or short haired felicity? If it is long haired i would watch that 8 days a week. 

I would suggest these lawsuits are helpful in putting the screws to colleges allowing this to happen. I bet it’s much, much more rampant than just these celebs.

As far as the second lawsuit, there is some merit there too. Much like the Penn State scandal, when one hears “Penn State”, inevitably child molestation comes to mind. 
Its a BS money grab.

I hope these lawsuits are tossed and attorney's fees awarded against these plaintiffs.

from my reading on this, it seems as though it was found because a coach decided to cut out the middle man and just ask a parent for a bribe himself.  that parent was currently being investigated for another crime so he tipped off the FBI hoping for a reduced sentence.  the FBI then used this parent to further investigate and ended up wiring a room up so they could listen in.  I would like everyone to note how the FBI worked: they used a criminal looking for a better deal to set up the bigger criminal they were looking to get, and wired a room so they could listen in.  yet somehow 6 pages in and not one person has called the parent that tipped this thing off a liar who is lying just to get a lesser sentence.  and no one has whined about how they set up a meeting and then wire-tapped the room to listen in.  not one person has questioned if the FBI had any bias towards these criminals.  its almost like people think the FBI did some good work in breaking this case.  keep that in mind when you hear a certain group of people who will be all over the FBI for doing the same thing to a certain Individual 1 who will go unnamed. 

Capella said:
@bobvulfov

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: ur child was not accepted to our college

FELICITY HUFFMAN: then i will have to do a crime

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: u can just donate some money & we'll let em in

FELICITY HUFFMAN: a crime i shall do

ADMISSIONS OFFICE: just make a donation

FELICITY HUFFMAN: crime time
I thought the exact same thing when I heard this story break. But then I read that in order to make a donation to the institution to get your kid in you need to donate enough for a building or a big wing to a big building. That the donor would need to give 10-20 times what Lori gave to Singer. 

While bribing the university in the form of a donation happens, it happens on a much smaller scale as it requires waaaay more funds....

from my reading on this, it seems as though it was found because a coach decided to cut out the middle man and just ask a parent for a bribe himself.  that parent was currently being investigated for another crime so he tipped off the FBI hoping for a reduced sentence.  the FBI then used this parent to further investigate and ended up wiring a room up so they could listen in.  I would like everyone to note how the FBI worked: they used a criminal looking for a better deal to set up the bigger criminal they were looking to get, and wired a room so they could listen in.  yet somehow 6 pages in and not one person has called the parent that tipped this thing off a liar who is lying just to get a lesser sentence.  and no one has whined about how they set up a meeting and then wire-tapped the room to listen in.  not one person has questioned if the FBI had any bias towards these criminals.  its almost like people think the FBI did some good work in breaking this case.  keep that in mind when you hear a certain group of people who will be all over the FBI for doing the same thing to a certain Individual 1 who will go unnamed. 
Yeah, no criminal in the history of crime ever rolled for a lighter sentence. :rolleyes:

If he’s dirty and the Feds are fleshing this all out, what does getting out in front it accomplish?
claim ignorance.  look at me, i was honest and told everyone.  i thought the exorbitant amount of money i was paying was normal.  cooperate.  superior lawyers.

i don't know, i just find it odd that he is getting out in front of it.

it'd be like, i went to the asian orchid massage place, but i only had a massage.  nothing else!

I wonder how far back internet sleuths, universities, law enforcement, etc will look into this.  If it has been going on for a while we could possibly have people with well established careers that cheated to get into college.  I find it hard to believe that this just began in the last few years.  This really could be the tip of the iceberg.

This has been an interesting glimpse into the mind of a few of our fellow citizens, whose reasoning is along the lines of "what's the use of striving for money and power if I can't use it to benefit myself at the expense of those who didn't achieve it (or strive for it)?" There are probably gradients of this line of thought, though, nuances that escape slackers like me.

I'm not sure you're addressing the gist of jomar's post.
Criminal does not want to go to jail.

Criminal rats to the FBI who obtain a wiretap to get evidence on higher-ups in the scheme.

FBI bugs room, gets information, seeks warrants for arrest.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Criminal does not want to go to jail.

Criminal rats to the FBI who obtain a wiretap to get evidence on higher-ups in the scheme.

FBI bugs room, gets information, seeks warrants for arrest.

Seems pretty clear to me.
jomar's post pointed out that the FBI used techniques almost identical to another, better known investigation currently going on. Yet, in that one, the Bureau's integrity and use of said techniques is endlessly criticized yet no one has done so in this admissions scandal.

I actually have no issues with some amount of "Presidential admissions" where if you give 250k your kid gets in to USC or wherever.  A school can do a lot to help disadvantaged kids get money for school with money like that (it's a lever arm).  There are all kinds of doors to get into schools like these and I don't see a particular problem with a purely monetary door being there.

The backhanded way these folks went about it, though, definitely deserves some punishment.  You have to enter through the front door.

jomar's post pointed out that the FBI used techniques almost identical to another, better known investigation currently going on. Yet, in that one, the Bureau's integrity and use of said techniques is endlessly criticized yet no one has done so in this admissions scandal.
Redacted to keep this non-political.

One began based on some real evidence and resulted in a ton of people getting arrested for crimes about which the original evidence pointed to.  The other was based on a fantasy dossier and has led to a ton of people getting arrested for process crimes.
Wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread