What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

BECKHAM IS A BROWN!!!!!!!!! (FOR REAL) (1 Viewer)

You were not going to win anything in the next couple of years so why not set yourself up with a ton of picks and 2 future all pros coming out in the next 2 years.  Pretty savvy if you look long term.  Tank for tua, lose for lawrence
And trade one of your two best players on a speculative play that you can land one of those guys.  Good call.

And trade one of your two best players on a speculative play that you can land one of those guys.  Good call.
just trying to play devils advocate here.  If you trot out manning without any wr's and cutting one of your best defensive backs while not filling out your roster you are going to lose a lot of games.

Last edited by a moderator:
The giants took a 16m dead cap hit on this trade. It's a terrible trade for them. 
I don't disagree with the last part, but I think the important part to them with regards to the cap is that it clears $20m in cap space next year.  I doubt they care that much about this year's cap hit since they're not winning anything this year anyway.

Oh yeah! Browns are my AFC team and the future was already looking pretty good even before this move.. Stay healthy OBJ! 

Why would the Giants do this? The Steelers were forced trade Brown and got peanuts, but the Giants weren't in nearly as bad of a position and should have done better than this. For an elite skill position player ENTERING his prime this is #### return

[Rapoport] Odell Beckham Jr saw Antonio Brown receive added money without adding New Years upon being traded to the #Raiders. My understanding is Odell wants the same thing from the #Browns.

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1105637581696499713?s=09

Doesn’t seem like a bad deal to me if you’re the Giants. Peppers was a 1st round pick, whom the Giants almost took instead of Engram. Plus another 1st and 3rd. Paying a WR 19 million a year isn’t the way to build a championship team. Get your young QB, build that line and win with Barkley.

Doesn’t seem like a bad deal to me if you’re the Giants. Peppers was a 1st round pick, whom the Giants almost took instead of Engram. Plus another 1st and 3rd. Paying a WR 19 million a year isn’t the way to build a championship team. Get your young QB, build that line and win with Barkley.
Peppers is terrible. Losing him is the second best thing about this trade.

Thats kind of how I see this as well.

Two 1st round picks (Peppers) and a 3rd may not be a Hershel Walker deal but it is pretty close to the max that teams will pay for a player.

Peppers still has 2 years left and an option year.

Gotta do it quick, probably, and not miss. That’s what would worry me as a Giants fan watching one of their best players traded today.

obj says he was "shocked"

... As in his bags were already packed and he's been txting landry for days about it

Why would the Giants do this? The Steelers were forced trade Brown and got peanuts, but the Giants weren't in nearly as bad of a position and should have done better than this. For an elite skill position player ENTERING his prime this is #### return
You're early to the party.  Was excited for you to announce this trade in a few weeks!

Sorry if I missed it but this has to increase his stock right? He’s no longer “the man” since Cleveland has more talent than the Giants did but targets should be comparable. 

Users who are viewing this thread