What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dog Poop Protocol (1 Viewer)

The General

Footballguy
Need a ruling here.

You walk your dog, it does it's business, you pick it up in the little green bag. It's trash day so everyone has their bin out.

Do you deposit your dog's doo in the nearest bin or do you carry it home.

Need a ruling here.

You walk your dog, it does it's business, you pick it up in the little green bag. It's trash day so everyone has their bin out.

If the garbage hasn't been emptied, it goes in the closest bin.

Last edited by a moderator:
closest garbage bin should be acceptable, if not expected. garbage day, however, with empty bin requires a Jane Austen-like level of etiquette and ask you to deposit the bag of dog crap in your own garbage bin or the equivalent (parking lot, park, street corner, etc).

NextDoor. 

This topic is the source of much division. Pitting neighbors against one another.
Wife was yelled out by some distant (she takes them on long walks) neighbor for using their garbage can.  Stupid, everyone is welcome to use my can, just pick up your dog #### please.

I have a smaller dog, and we don't go on that long of a walk, so I always carry home. I can see if I had a Great Dane, I might want to drop off, but on the other hand, I may not want to drop a Great Dane's bag in someone else's trash.

I use the golden rule. 

I don't think I can rationalize why, but if someone is using my bin for their garbage -- dog poop or otherwise -- I'd rather they keep their paws off my bin.

So even though I pass all these garbage cans on the way back to my own house, and it's much easier to get rid of it earlier, I'm carrying that bag with me and depositing it my own bin. 

On a side note NextDoor is as bad as any other social media.  Spent less than two days on there thanks to a stupid invite from our neighbors next door:

1- Offered to pick up any neighbor's leftover pizza before they threw it out for free.

2- Wife started a campaign to get everyone to pick up dog #### and report offenders.

3- Someone's account get's hacked and everyone gets spammed.

4- People start soliciting us for all kinds of things.

5- Promptly deleted account.

I use the golden rule. 

I don't think I can rationalize why, but if someone is using my bin for their garbage -- dog poop or otherwise -- I'd rather they keep their paws off my bin.

So even though I pass all these garbage cans on the way back to my own house, and it's much easier to get rid of it earlier, I'm carrying that bag with me and depositing it my own bin. 
I can help here. 

Because people don't want some fellas dog mess stewing in their can for a week :lol:

That goes for all the garbage that gets thrown out on the side of the road.  I'd leave my can out there 24x7 if people would just put their trash in it instead of throwing it in the ditch.  

You're assuming everyone freely picks up their ####, which they don't.  I'm willing to sacrifice a little if it even gets one less #### off the street.

I can help here. 

Because people don't want some fellas dog mess stewing in their can for a week :lol:
Do people really leave cans out all week?

Cans really only appear on our street the night before garbage day. And most are put away/off the curb by the following afternoon. So was going by the assumption the question was about placing your dog's poop in someone else's full-and-ready-to-be-picked-up bin.

If I come home after the trash is picked up and my bin is empty save for a bag of someone else's dog's doo? I'm hunting that owner down. That's a total d move and 100% not cool.

Also just as uncool (and something I see too often than I should): someone picking up their dog's poop, tying up the bag, then leaving the damned bag right there on the lawn. Infuriating.

That goes for all the garbage that gets thrown out on the side of the road.  I'd leave my can out there 24x7 if people would just put their trash in it instead of throwing it in the ditch.  

You're assuming everyone freely picks up their ####, which they don't.  I'm willing to sacrifice a little if it even gets one less #### off the street.
You're heart is in the right place...Napkins, junkmail is one thing.

Poop. Hell no. We are living in a society people.

Need a ruling here.

Nearest bin.  Especially if it is early in the walk as I really do not want to carry a steaming hot load around. Plus I have Labradors so it usually it a good pound.

Do people really leave cans out all week?

Cans really only appear on our street the night before garbage day. And most are put away/off the curb by the following afternoon. So was going by the assumption the question was about placing your dog's poop in someone else's full-and-ready-to-be-picked-up bin.

If I come home after the trash is picked up and my bin is empty save for a bag of someone else's dog's doo? I'm hunting that owner down. That's a total d move and 100% not cool.

Also just as uncool (and something I see too often than I should): someone picking up their dog's poop, tying up the bag, then leaving the damned bag right there on the lawn. Infuriating.
There is like a 5 hour window once a week where someone can get to my bin and I'd say 50% of the time the poopers get me.

If the poop bag is tightly knotted, I have no problem with others dropping their bag in my empty trash can. I do the same when I'm around the neighborhood on trash day.

We have a Nest camera that can see the trash can region.

The wife tracked down the perp...DAN my next door neighbor. Caught brown handed. JUDAS.

For those of you that welcome other people's trash -- poop or not -- in your can: you are way better people than me. 

For those of you who feel it's OK to drop a bag of your dog's poop in someone else's can -- not including @tonydead who is clearly a saint on earth -- do you feel it's OK if someone leaves a huge Glad bag filled with rotting trash in your bin? 

To me, it's kinda the same thing. We all have cans. We all pay for the service. So use your own. I'm not paying to throw out someone else's trash, and it also feels like a little bit of an invasion of privacy -- I'm not comfortable with the thought of someone lifting my can's lid to see what nefarious things I'm trying to get rid of this week.

I'm not such a BLOUSE that someone properly using a trash can is going to bother me. Stop crying and get a life.

In principle, I don’t mind if someone uses my can for their doggo’s poop (though I would prefer if they didn’t). 

What gets me fired up is a poop-bag in the recycle bin. ###### savages. 

Need a ruling here.

Are you asking if I throw it in the trash?

Users who are viewing this thread