Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Bucky86

Christchurch, New Zealand; Terrorist Attack

The shooter live-streamed it. Targeted innocent civilians in a mosque. :( 

Not that it makes the situation any less tragic but for the purpose of adding to the knowledge of the incident - this took place in New Zealand.

Just saw a 24 second livestream on YouTube.

Not linking it but don't look for it. You can't unsee it. 

He also posted his assault rifle and several photos with magazine clips with names written on them on his Twitter feed. On March 12.

Not linking it.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BobbyLayne said:

He also posted his assault rifle and several photos with magazine clips with names written on them on his Twitter feed. On March 12.

Not linking it.

I’ve seen stills. Not going to watch.

1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

Not linking it.

Not linking it either, but there are 16 minute versions floating around the more unseemly areas of Reddit. Also links to his twitter and a thread on 8chan where he posted about and linked to the livestream.

Edited by mcintyre1

3 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

CBS News reporting as many as 27 killed. But they say it's unconfirmed. 

I'm not gonna watch it a second time to count but that seems consistent with the number of bodies I saw in the mosque.

1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

I'm not gonna watch it a second time to count but that seems consistent with the number of bodies I saw in the mosque.

Yeah, it's going to be real bad. I saw about a minute of a clip and I regret it. His twitter had a few pictures from a few day ago of a bunch of rifle magazines with 4chan/pol/The_Donald "Crusader" #### written on it. References to the "14 words." Very much in the ideological vein of Breivik. 

Logical conclusion of current social media and political environment. Disgustingly sad and disappointing, not remotely surprising. 

• Sad 1

It’s horrifying how much of this we are going to have to deal with in the next decade.  White supremacists have been gathering and building for quite some time virtually unchecked.

• Sad 3

As many as 500 people in the Mosque. The shooting continued for 5 to 20 minutes. 

The president speaking with strong support of immigrants: "They are us."

Edited by SoBeDad

1 minute ago, SoBeDad said:

The president speaking with strong support of immigrants: "They are us."

New Zealand president? If it's the one in the US, he can eat all the d1cks

Edited by Northern Voice
  • Like 2
  • Love 1

Just now, Northern Voice said:

New Zealand president? If it's the one in the US, he can eat all the #####

The current US President would never say that. 

• Like 3

"There are multiple scenes involved in this incident," says New Zealand Prime Minister @jacindaardern. "This is one of New Zealand's darkest days...an extraordinary and unprecedented act of violence."

6 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

It’s horrifying how much of this we are going to have to deal with in the next decade.  White supremacists have been gathering and building for quite some time virtually unchecked.

It's why I've never really treated places like The_Donald as a joke. This #### is harmful, and leads to radicalization. I remember when there was controversy on Reddit's /r/news section after some anti-Muslim stuff was taken down when the Pulse nightclub shooting happened. It caused an offshoot to be created called /r/uncensorednews that drew in a bunch of people. What wasn't immediately clear was that the people who made that sub-reddit were White Supremacists, and used it to recruit and influence people. It was recently banned for this reason. Similar #### happens in a bunch of "edgy anti-PC" communities on the site, a lot of them descended from Gamergate (which had nothing to do with white supremacy or the alt-right, yet has become a ripe recruiting ground for them through their own efforts). Just sickening to watch happen.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:

The current US President would never say that. 

Yeah he actually tweeted a link to Breitbart in the hour of a white supremacist attack. What a scourge on the planet he is :(

That video is nuts. Went in a second time to make sure everyone was dead shooting them in the head. Went out and shot down people trying to leave. The lady in the gutter, holly hell.  

BREAKING: Multiple suspects arrested from the location of a third incident site - a school - in Christchurch. #NewZealand

Apparently there’s also a bomb in a car near one of the sites.

1 minute ago, Bucky86 said:

Wtf. This is really ####ed up.

These guys are radicalized and emboldened around the world right now.  

• Sad 2

I still had his Twitter open in my phone app from before they suspended it, grabbed a bunch of screenshots. Linked to his manifesto, lots of pictures of his rifle, extended mags, tactical vest, etc. All scrawled with the names of obscure right-wing extremists from recent times and historical figures famous for fighting Muslims. Alexandre Bissonette (Quebec mosque shooter), Luca Traini (Italian neo-fascist who shot migrants), Sebastiano Venier (some old Christian admiral who fought the Ottomans in the 16th century).

He's a radical Christian extremist who thinks of himself as a crusader, fighting against the inhuman Muslim enemy.

2 minutes ago, Bucky86 said:

Apparently there’s also a bomb in a car near one of the sites.

The video guy had several gas cans, he went to grab one at one point, then put it back. Didn't end up using it. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, mcintyre1 said:

I still had his Twitter open in my phone app from before they suspended it, grabbed a bunch of screenshots. Linked to his manifesto, lots of pictures of his rifle, extended mags, tactical vest, etc. All scrawled with the names of obscure right-wing extremists from recent times and historical figures famous for fighting Muslims. Alexandre Bissonette (Quebec mosque shooter), Luca Traini (Italian neo-fascist who shot migrants), Sebastiano Venier (some old Christian admiral who fought the Ottomans in the 16th century).

He's a radical Christian extremist who thinks of himself as a crusader, fighting against the inhuman Muslim enemy.

“14 words” is what I keep reading. No idea what that is but sounds like a White Supremacist saying?

Those historical references may sound totally random and obscure, but there's a whole, thriving internet culture around this ####. It is often defended as "not serious" or just people joking around and being "anti-PC" -- and yet...

That video might be the most disturbing 16 minutes and 55 seconds of footage I've ever watched.  

Edited by tonydead
  • Sad 1

11 minutes ago, tonydead said:

That video is nuts. Went in a second time to make sure everyone was dead shooting them in the head. Went out and shot down people trying to leave. The lady in the gutter, holly hell.  

Ugh. Won’t be watching that. Saw a bunch of people get run over by a car while in college and still go to a dark place to this day every time there is a mass killing. 

3 minutes ago, tonydead said:

That video might be the most disturbing 15 minutes of footage I've ever watched.  

The screen shots were enough for me

2 minutes ago, tonydead said:

That video might be the most disturbing 15 minutes of footage I've ever watched.  

Noted. If you don't mind, please refrain from describing what you saw. What you've already said is terrifying enough.

1 minute ago, Dickies said:

Ugh. Won’t be watching that. Saw a bunch of people get run over by a car while in college and still go to a dark place to this day every time there is a mass killing. 

Yeah don't. It's F'd up bad bad.  I can tell my brain doesnt want to believe it's real. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Dickies said:

Nope.  Not watching something I can't unsee.

And to think that this city was decimated by an earthquake not too long ago.  How awful - double whammy.  Prayers for all in Christchurch.

1 minute ago, Herb said:

Noted. If you don't mind, please refrain from describing what you saw. What you've already said is terrifying enough.

While everyone else provides as much detail as possible as it's put out in the media?  Ok I won't. 

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, mcintyre1 said:

It's why I've never really treated places like The_Donald as a joke. This #### is harmful, and leads to radicalization. I remember when there was controversy on Reddit's /r/news section after some anti-Muslim stuff was taken down when the Pulse nightclub shooting happened. It caused an offshoot to be created called /r/uncensorednews that drew in a bunch of people. What wasn't immediately clear was that the people who made that sub-reddit were White Supremacists, and used it to recruit and influence people. It was recently banned for this reason. Similar #### happens in a bunch of "edgy anti-PC" communities on the site, a lot of them descended from Gamergate (which had nothing to do with white supremacy or the alt-right, yet has become a ripe recruiting ground for them through their own efforts). Just sickening to watch happen.

A newspaper in the periodical kiosk at the Polish Legislature today had a front page headline about “how to recognize a Jew.”

In Poland.

• Sad 1

As always happens with these things, rumors of up to two more shooters. Supposedly there are photos of police arresting two men other than the live-streamer, who were wearing camo and black and had rifles, though I have no seen these supposed photos.

1 minute ago, Northern Voice said:

Since we're in the political forum, any thoughts on this?

Not always, but it certainly seems to be right now. 

• Like 2

Such a tragedy.  Wish we lived in a world where such hatred, illness, and destruction of human life was not present.

The mosques are a fair distance apart, I wouldn't be surprised if there were actually multiple attackers. 

I don't understand the PewDiePie angle.  Seems this was mentioned by the shooter?  

Live streaming the massacre?  Music playing?  PewDiePie?  What the hell is going on?