What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Obama's DOJ was Corrupt (1 Viewer)

Opie

Footballguy
DOJ to FBI:  Do not pursue charges against Hillary

DOJ to Public:  We will back any decision made by the FBI

Sounds legit.

“When you say advice you got from the Department, you’re making it sound like it was the Department that told you: ‘You’re not going to charge gross negligence because we’re the prosecutors and we’re telling you we’re not going to.'”

That’s correct,” Page answered.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds legit.
Of course...But Russia! Bill Clinton > than Trump as a womanizer and Hillary is >>>>>than Trump when it comes to being a criminal. But.....Russia!

Sounds legit.

Ratcliffe responded, “When you say advice you got from the Department, you’re making it sound like it was the Department that told you: ‘You’re not going to charge gross negligence because we’re the prosecutors and we’re telling you we’re not going to.'”

The FBI doesn't "charge" people.

Just to be clear, it is obvious that the DOJ was...and the FBI is under the DOJ
You're saying that Page was saying the FBI wanted the DOJ to charge Hillary. That takes Page, Strzok, Comey and anyone else in FBI totally off the claim of bias.

Jim Comey actually said that prosecutors in DOJ made the decision whether to prosecute. He said that in July 2016.

So, the corrupt Obama-era DOJ kept a public dialogue going on the Clinton investigation, and kept the Trump investigation under wraps?

They are not very good at being corrupt, imo.

So we are going to take out of context clips of the testimony portrayed on Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller rather than what Saints has posted in the other threads?  All for a new thread making what appears to be a big reach to a conclusion?

So we are going to take out of context clips of the testimony portrayed on Tucker Carlson's Daily Caller rather than what Saints has posted in the other threads?  All for a new thread making what appears to be a big reach to a conclusion?
Of course, Why does that surprise you?

“When you say advice you got from the Department, you’re making it sound like it was the Department that told you: ‘You’re not going to charge gross negligence because we’re the prosecutors and we’re telling you we’re not going to.'”

Page discussed this a lot, not surprisingly as Sho point out this is out of context.

Ms. Page: We did not blow over gross negligence. We, in fact and, in fact, the Director because on its face, it did seem like, well, maybe there's a potential here for this to be the charge. And we had multiple conversations, multiple conversations with the Justice Department about charging gross negligence. And the Justice Department's assessment was that it was both constitutionally vague, so that they did not actually feel that they could permissibly bring that charge, and also that it had either never been done or had only been done once like 99 years ago. And so they did not feel that they could sustain a charge. And, in fact, one thing I will note is that the Director asked the Department to pull for him a record of every mishandling case that had been brought in the last like 30 years.

Mr. Ratcliffe: I saw that. I saw a series of emails about that. But my question, the question I had was: He requested all of those in the June 2016 time frame. He wrote his memo, what we've referred to as the exoneration memo, on May 2nd of 2016. So he made the request to look at the cases to see the cases weeks after he'd already written a draft ruling out gross negligence.

Ms. Page: That's right. Well, no, no, no. So we should clarify a couple things. So the cases were about mishandling, not about gross negligence. So the 39 years back were really about like: Show me the types of mishandling cases that we do bring. So it's true I think the Director had a sense already like, well, we can't make out garden variety 793(f). And so let me challenge my own views on this, could you please produce, like let me see, what kinds of cases we brought and sort of the facts that surrounded those cases. And so that's what that pull was. Separately, you know, we had multiple conversations with the Justice Department about bringing a gross negligence charge. And that's, as I said, the advice that we got from the Department was that they did not think ... - that it was constitutionally vague and not sustainable.

Mr. Ratcliffe. Okay. So let me if I can, I know I'm testing your memory, but when you say advice you got from the Department,you're making it sound like it was the Department that told you: You're not going to charge gross negligence because we're the prosecutors and we're telling you we're not going to ...- bring a case based on that.

Ms. Page: That is correct.

Mr. Ratcliffe. Who at the Department was telling you that?

Ms. Page, Richard Laufman is my understanding.

Mr. Ratcliffe. Okay.

Mr. Parmiter. Sorry, did you mean David Laufman?

Ms. Page: I'm sorry. Richard Scott. No, no, that's my fault.

It works great in the Trump-supporting echo chambers.  Why not here?

We are still looking for any tiny clue that might show corruption in the past President's Departments while ignoring or providing cover for all the outward corruption inside the current President's departments? Not a great look Opie. 
seriously the man's entire administration and everyone close to him has quit or been arrested....

It just warms my heart to see the Liberals crying "injustice" when minorities go to jail...but when connected Liberal elites get a pass from "justice", they defend them.

You want equal justice under the law?  The sword swings both ways.

I sure Holder has gotten some very nice Christmas cards from HSBC.  I find myself bereft of any other logical explanation for how that went down.

It just warms my heart to see the Liberals crying "injustice" when minorities go to jail...but when connected Liberal elites get a pass from "justice", they defend them.

Another bogus straw man to deflect from you falling for bogus talking points about the testimony.

When minorities go to jail at a much higher rate than whites for minor crimes, despite the fact that they do not commit said crimes at a higher rate than whites, then yes. I would cry "injustice."

But if the FBI, DOJ or any other 3-letter agency can bring charges up against Holder, Lynch, Hillary, Obama or any other liberal, elite or otherwise, and make them stick in court, then lock 'em up. NOBODY DISAGREES WITH THIS.

So hold an investigation, and make the findings public. Lock anyone up that broke the law. For any administration. Heck if you want to posthumously revoke Nixon’s pardon and put him on trial go for it. I, personally, am very tired of the protection that gets thrust upon dirty politicians. It’s like the pedo community leader who keeps prowling because turning them in “would be too harmful to the community” even though you wouldn’t let your kids go near him. 

Gotta stretch before those reaches, Bro.  You're going to pull something. 

It was and it cost Dems the 2016 election. Along with other things. A lot of people just want a change from poor performing government. Trump wasnt the change people were looking for.  We'll see what 2020 brings.  

Users who are viewing this thread