What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Kareem Hunt suspended 8 games (1 Viewer)

Yogibear

Footballguy
I'm watching ESPN and they just ran a thing on the bottom of the screen from Adam Schefter reporting that Kareem Hunt has been suspended for 8 games this season.

That... is very light. I'll be interested to see if he was judged as having 2 incidents or 3, because it sounds like they gave him 4 games apiece for 2 incidents.

Really not after the fact saying this but have thought the whole time 6 was the minimum but my best guess I've been giving people that asked me was between 8-10 games.

I'll make a before the fact call right now. He's going to win a lot of people championships and major money next season.

So he'll be returning about a yr from when he was suspended.  This has to make everyone happy expect us Chubb owners

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he missed 6 games the end of last year too. Feels about right.
was thinking about this....those 6 games last year weren't really the suspension....although they kind of were...

I saw that he is not appealing....and I guess I get it, but you would think he would at least try to appeal and maybe get it reduced to 6 or something (considering he did also miss those 6 games last year).....if he appeals does it make him look worse?...idk...

as a Chiefs fan....I am a fence rider on this....I understand why they felt they had to cut him loose at the time....but I also knew he would be playing again and some of the "sting" of him playing for "your" team would kind of go away over time....especially if he starts performing at the level he was before all this happened....so that part of me wishes it was still for KC and that it felt like a little bit of a knee jerk overreaction since we knew he would be playing again.....and it would probably be different if was JAG.....I guess the PR optics are different for the team that has him at the time, compared to the team that signs him and gives him the second chance....I'm not hearing a bunch of outcry in CLE....

Rice's career was on the steep downslope and Hunt's on the rise. There was never much remaining career comparison.
I would think the comparison we should focus on should be on the heinous act, not that one was 7 years older than the other when it occured.  Rice was good enough to keep playing for at least one team somewhere in the NFL.  Hunt is getting off easy.  I honestly thought he would have to lose about two years before he could play again.  Guess this is another case of the hypocrisy of the NFL.

I would think the comparison we should focus on should be on the heinous act, not that one was 7 years older than the other when it occured.  Rice was good enough to keep playing for at least one team somewhere in the NFL.  Hunt is getting off easy.  I honestly thought he would have to lose about two years before he could play again.  Guess this is another case of the hypocrisy of the NFL.
You are mad at the NFL while the actual LEGAL SYSTEM didn't even punish him.

If anything I think the NFL does far too much in terms of suspensions when compared to the actual legal issues for the player.  

Quit being mad at the wrong people.

So if you play a week 16 SB, he will be there for a max of 7 games for you. But he still may help you win that SB.

I'm a hunt owner and i just don't think he's that great of a rb.  I can't put my finger on why, he just doesn't show great to me

I think by week 10 he's getting 10 carries a week, and maybe down the stretch he improves on that but he's not much of an overall threat to chubb

Was Rice suspended for 2 years?

I don’t get were some people’s heads are at. Rice knocked his girlfriend out. Hunt pushed some girl. Only in the shark pool would anyone compare the 2.

Ray Rice’s career ended because Goodell was caught sweeping his incident under the rug (he gave him two games). Then TMZ released the video and Ray Rice was punished for the same crime twice and suspended indefinitely. Goodell said Ray lied about what happened, but when it went to court, it was discovered Goodell was lying, so Ray Rice was reinstated. But at that point, Rice was toxic and would never play again. It’s a shame this incident didn’t bring down Mr Integrity himself Roger Goodell. 

He signed a one year contract. That's this year.

I'm just guessing he won't want to play 1b/2/whatever with Chubb. He'll try to get starter money elsewhere, and will get it.
It gets tricky because Hunt will be a restricted free agent next year, not unrestricted.  So if Cleveland puts a 1st round tender on him it may make it unlikely that another team would pay up.

It gets tricky because Hunt will be a restricted free agent next year, not unrestricted.  So if Cleveland puts a 1st round tender on him it may make it unlikely that another team would pay up.
But then they would have to pay him a bunch, right? Doubt they'd do that.

Mixon

Ty Hill

DL for Panthers couple years back 

NFL picks and chooses when to care

(hell, A Peterson beat the living heck out his small kids with a stick ..........)

This is about the outcome most expected, but (as an owner) I'm kind of glad this suspension appears to be of the pre-negotiated type w/the NFL. There won't be a 10 game that could be knocked to 8 or 6 with a bunch of unknowns involved, multiple stories, and more non-sense. This seems clean.  The league appears content, Hunt is (at least) saying the correct things, and his career should be able to continue.  If he does something stupid between now and mid-season he was going to mess it up somehow anyway.  Today has to be considered a very good day for Hunt's FF value.

But then they would have to pay him a bunch, right? Doubt they'd do that.
It was $4 million this year, which is a pretty reasonable amount with Chubb still on his rookie deal.  Adrian Peterson and Tevin Coleman are both making that much for not necessarily starting roles.

What makes you say THAT?
Not to answer for ghostguy but I agreed with him and it's because they own his rights and Dorsey is in business of collecting talent, not letting it walk out the door.

I'd just add a caveat to what he said for reasons he won't be a Brown and add via trade.

It was $4 million this year, which is a pretty reasonable amount with Chubb still on his rookie deal.  Adrian Peterson and Tevin Coleman are both making that much for not necessarily starting roles.
Huh?  Hunt's salary is $975 and that was knowing some would be credited back with a looming suspension.

What makes you say THAT?
I agree with him.  There' no reason not to bring back a dynamic weapon.  They will have the cap room (they are still $56M under the cap now and may roll a ton over) and Baker is on a rookie deal.  Why not bring back guy that are really good?  Even if it's a Gurley contract they can easily absorb that.

Huh?  Hunt's salary is $975 and that was knowing some would be credited back with a looming suspension.
😕

We were talking about how much a 1st round RFA tender would cost next year and if it would be more than they'd be willing to pay for him at that time.

Cleveland will get Hunt pretty cheap next year if they want him.  A first round tender, probably no NFL team will want to sign Hunt, pay him big $$$$ and they have to give Cleveland their 1st round pick.   Hunt would probably make between $5 or $6 million next year if the Browns tender him at the first round value.

Cleveland will get Hunt pretty cheap next year if they want him.  A first round tender, probably no NFL team will want to sign Hunt, pay him big $$$$ and they have to give Cleveland their 1st round pick.   Hunt would probably make between $5 or $6 million next year if the Browns tender him at the first round value.
They probably don't even do a 1st round tender.  If they do a 2nd and some team signs him they can match what would probably be a pretty team friendly deal since no team will give up a 2nd AND offer a huge deal.  

Or they get a 2nd rounder if someone gets crazy

😕

We were talking about how much a 1st round RFA tender would cost next year and if it would be more than they'd be willing to pay for him at that time.
Ok the post I quoted didn't have that in there, my bad, thought "it" was his current salary.

They probably don't even do a 1st round tender.  If they do a 2nd and some team signs him they can match what would probably be a pretty team friendly deal since no team will give up a 2nd AND offer a huge deal.  

Or they get a 2nd rounder if someone gets crazy
They'd be nuts not to offer the 1st tender.  You gotta believe he's getting some kind of monster offer so the starting baseline they put out is irrelevant.  But they should absolutely point the biggest gun they have at the offering team, maybe they are willing to offer him a little less money since he costs a higher pick.  And if they can't match it they get the best compensation.  That's a no-brainer.

was thinking about this....those 6 games last year weren't really the suspension....although they kind of were...

I saw that he is not appealing....and I guess I get it, but you would think he would at least try to appeal and maybe get it reduced to 6 or something (considering he did also miss those 6 games last year).....if he appeals does it make him look worse?...idk...

It sounds like he’s owning his actions and accepting his punishment. That’s a good sign IMO

Seriously, you can’t compare what Rice did to what Hunt did - especially considering the mitigating circumstances.

Was Rice suspended for 2 years?

I don’t get were some people’s heads are at. Rice knocked his girlfriend out. Hunt pushed some girl. Only in the shark pool would anyone compare the 2.
Domestic violence is domestic violence. Your logic is like saying that killing a person with a spoon isn't as bad as killing them with a knife.  The actual intent and act count.

You are mad at the NFL while the actual LEGAL SYSTEM didn't even punish him.

If anything I think the NFL does far too much in terms of suspensions when compared to the actual legal issues for the player.  

Quit being mad at the wrong people.
You assume way too much. I never said I was mad.  I was just questioning the consistency.  

Seriously, you can’t compare what Rice did to what Hunt did - especially considering the mitigating circumstances.
You absolutely can. Both men physically touched and harmed another person. That is not okay.  If you send your kid to school and the come home with a report they were pushed or punched or even their hair pulled, doesn't matter.  It's no allowed and there are consequences for that.  

Users who are viewing this thread