What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Super 70's Sports - Love this on my tweeter feed (1 Viewer)

Devil's advocate take:   I think this guy is getting a bit too enamored with himself as his popularity increases.  It used to be just hilarious images with little or no commentary.  Since his followers have exploded, he does much more snarky commentary which is more often miss than hit.

CletiusMaximus said:
Devil's advocate take:   I think this guy is getting a bit too enamored with himself as his popularity increases.  It used to be just hilarious images with little or no commentary.  Since his followers have exploded, he does much more snarky commentary which is more often miss than hit.
agreed, trying a little too hard.  

CletiusMaximus said:
Sometimes, the evil or humor inherent in the system needs no words. Good call. The pictures are enough. 

CletiusMaximus said:
Can you give some examples?  That's kind of the culture today.  Always needing to one-up yourself/get a little more edgy than you were previously.  The popularity window opens and closes so fast.  Need to keep interest while you can.  Many move on quickly if you don't.  Not disagreeing with you necessarily, just a sign of the times.

CletiusMaximus said:
I've mostly only seen his site from what is posted here.   I'm going to guess as it got more popular, he posted more tweets and there are going to be more misses.  I was actually pretty good friends with this guy from about '90-05. We went to a Reds game together in '01.   He's a really good guy. Very smart. Very confident in himself.  Loved baseball.  Probably just riding the wave as long as he can.  I didn't know it was him until a few weeks ago...and it made total sense that it was him.  LOL.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've mostly only seen his site from what is posted here.   I'm going to guess as it got more popular, he posted more tweets and there are going to be more misses.  I was actually pretty good friends with this guy from about '90-05. We went to a Reds game together in '01.   He's a really good guy. Very smart. Very confident in himself.  Loved baseball.  Probably just riding the wave as long as he can.  I didn't know it was him until a few weeks ago...and it made total sense that it was him.  LOL.
still well worth it

CletiusMaximus said:
I only lurk on Twitter--don't have an account--but from what I gather, having that little blue checkmark next to your name is kind of a big deal.

Judging by some of the snarky comments by his followers in the various threads, he won't get verified as long as he is just posting other people's photographs/video clips. Maybe the shtick is an attempt to differentiate himself from just the photographs/video clips.  

CletiusMaximus said:
I don't disagree with you - sometimes he does seem to try a bit hard.

That said, no one can be that funny all the time and when he comes up with gems like the one I posted above about "Honey, I shrank Dave Winfield", it makes it all worth it. Overall, I love his sarcastic wit and get-off-my-lawn mentality. And I'm a sucker for 70s nostalgia, so it doesn't take much for me.

I’ve changed my tune - he doesn’t try too hard - the dude is just damn hilarious. Has picked up his game even more of late.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread