What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Game of thrones (1 Viewer)

Long Ball Larry

Footballguy
Should I watch this dumb show?  I am not a sci fi/fantasy person in any way but everyone is creaming their jeans now as we come up to the final season, so maybe I should do it.  What say you? 

My wife hates sci-fi stuff, has never seen a Star Wars or Lord of The Rings movie and won’t even try.  She likes GoT a lot.  

Give it a shot, nothing to lose but a bit of time.   

Yes, I think it has plenty of crossover appeal for those that don’t like Fantasy. I’m not into fantasy but do like movies like Gladiator and Braveheart and it had a lot of that in it. Lots of scheming for power and warring families.The first 4 seasons are some of the best TV I’ve seen. Just a warning, it’s very complicated and isn’t the kind of show you can half pay attention. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch the first episode and quit. Be honest about quitting. Not sure that will happen. Eagles are trash....cowboy fans love GOT...hope you never watch....enjoy if you do. 

Yes, I think it has plenty of crossover appeal for those that don’t like Fantasy. I’m not into fantasy but do like movies like Gladiator and Braveheart and it had a lot of that in it. Lots of scheming for power and warring families.The first 4 seasons are some of the best TV I’ve seen. Just a warning, it’s very complicated and isn’t the kind of show you can half pay attention. 
This.  

I dont like fantasy stuff for the most part, but would rank S1-S4 as some of the best TV ever.  Yes, I have soured a bit on it now, but still worth the watch.  

The fantasy elements are more in the background and it's far more about the characters and families.  

Good looking women take their clothes off and have sex with guys who have no johnson. Yeah, this show might not be for everybody.

Think of it like this. Most TV shows have cliff hangers/characters die at the end of the seasons. This has a major event every couple episodes and it's so well thought out that you will want to go rewatch the whole damn thing just to see all the easter eggs and hints that were right in front of your face the entire time. It's brilliant. 

That being said, I got my wife to watch the first show and she just shrugged and never watched another episode. And when you see the first episode, you will think my wife is nuts. 

Users who are viewing this thread