What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Going bowling tomorrow (1 Viewer)

Ten pins?

Use a light ball, like 10 or 12 oz, until you figure out what's working. You won't get as much pin action, but you'll be more accurate than using a 16 right out of the gate.

I was in a bowling league many moons ago.  I remember one team in the league consisted of a group of guys probably in their mid-late 50's (I was still a young buck at the time).  They were a stereotypical typical blue collar bunch with vintage bowling shirt uniforms with name/advertising on the back, hair all greasy, smoking, etc...  After any of them made a strike or converted a spare, they would turn around and while pulling both clenched fists toward themselves would thrust their hips forward and yell "Bada Bing".  In response all his teammates would return the gesture and yell "Bada Boom".   You guys ought to try this.

I think I used to throw my back leg high up after a throw.  Shark move.

My grandfather had a ton of bowling trophies but never bowled with him :(

He was too busy hustling cars.

Over a decade ago, we were hanging out in a bar.  Right down the road there was a bowling alley.  My buddy and his wife suggested let's go bowl.  We did.

The next day when I woke up, I was sore.  I didn't say anything to my wife until she finally said, I hurt like hell from bowling.......ME TOO.  One of life's lowlights but funny as hell.

If someone foot fouls, be sure to repeatedly yell "mark it zero!"... bonus points for brandishing a .45 while you do so

I was in a bowling league many moons ago.  I remember one team in the league consisted of a group of guys probably in their mid-late 50's (I was still a young buck at the time).  They were a stereotypical typical blue collar bunch with vintage bowling shirt uniforms with name/advertising on the back, hair all greasy, smoking, etc...  After any of them made a strike or converted a spare, they would turn around and while pulling both clenched fists toward themselves would thrust their hips forward and yell "Bada Bing".  In response all his teammates would return the gesture and yell "Bada Boom".   You guys ought to try this.
Isn't that backwards?

I thought it was Bada Boom, Bada Bing.

ETA -- Nope, looks like I've had it backwards all this time.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was in a league with friends right out of college. League was a really mixed group, mostly serious with older guys, and another group of young guys we grew up with (we were all friendly). We were all ok 140-200 avg, but mostly the game nights we're just another excuse to get high off our asses. The second time we played against our buddies, the knew we were fried...one of them took a look at me and just before I went for my first roll, asked if I inhale or exhale when I release the ball. ####er knew exactly how to destroy me. Pretty sure I didn't top 100.

I was in a league with friends right out of college. League was a really mixed group, mostly serious with older guys, and another group of young guys we grew up with (we were all friendly). We were all ok 140-200 avg, but mostly the game nights we're just another excuse to get high off our asses. The second time we played against our buddies, the knew we were fried...one of them took a look at me and just before I went for my first roll, asked if I inhale or exhale when I release the ball. ####er knew exactly how to destroy me. Pretty sure I didn't top 100.
It's also fun to ask someone that before they shoot a free throw.

My first year of league bowling.  I guess I was in my mid-20s.  An experienced opponent asked me which foot I started with on my approach.  I had never thought of that #### before, I just did it.  I was toast for a game and a half until I could get enough alcohol in my to forget about it.

Users who are viewing this thread