What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Raiders Runners (1 Viewer)

hunter1

Footballguy
I usually have a pretty good handle on, you know, stuff.  But I have no idea whether either Marshawn Lynch or Doug Martin are worth a #######.  They're still in the league, right?  Need to cut down to 16 in my FFPC dynos in a couple weeks and these guys will factor into my decision-making on a couple of my sketchier teams (sad!).  Can someone pleae throw me a clue?  Thanks in advance!

He’ll be in the mix, but likely as the pass catching/change of pace. It will be interesting to see if Chris Warren is given an opportunity.
This would be a nice keeper consolation prize for me if Tyreek ends up crashing and burning.

He’ll be in the mix, but likely as the pass catching/change of pace. It will be interesting to see if Chris Warren is given an opportunity.
Agree -- Richard is best used as a COP and is a proven passing down back.

Warren has a lot to prove, given that he only ran against 2nd stringers on down in preseason last year before getting hurt and put on the shelf for the season.

But he passed my eye test with flying colors -- the guy ran with violence, power, and vision. He dragged people with him and always fell forward in the north/south game. Not a speed merchant (think his combine 40 was around 4.7) but he showed good burst and has enough speed to make it around corners, looking for contact.

I'm really high on him, and probably need to temper my enthusiasm. But I do sincerely believe what he showed translates to 3-down back ability.

I have no idea if this team will retain Lynch or Martin. I don't think Martin showed lots in his opportunity last year, and Lynch is yet another year older -- at this point the Raiders have no reason to let them go unless they make another big FA signing, and it seems you would want them in camp for competition, and one of them at least for depth.

That said, I think Warren is this team's future and can easily be their early down back as of this year. 

That said, I think Warren is this team's future and can easily be their early down back as of this year. 
The Raiders will definitely use one of their picks on a runningback, suppose it's a 1st or 2nd? Seems to me likely the Raiders back to own isn't on the roster yet. Tough to count on an UFA without a real carry. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I usually have a pretty good handle on, you know, stuff.  But I have no idea whether either Marshawn Lynch or Doug Martin are worth a #######.  They're still in the league, right?  Need to cut down to 16 in my FFPC dynos in a couple weeks and these guys will factor into my decision-making on a couple of my sketchier teams (sad!).  Can someone pleae throw me a clue?  Thanks in advance!
Both are free agents currently.

Being under contract doesn't mean they are using soap.  They all stink.
What? - the point being of course they will be adding more RBs in either FA or the draft. I also do not think anyone sees any of these guys as the Raiders feature back (expect for maybe a few Warren believers).

Their starting runner by week 5 isn't on their roster.  Their current backs are garbage.
You may be right, but as a non-betting man, I'd be willing to bet on Warren taking over 1st and 2nd down duties in the Raiders backfield -- if not this next year (if Lynch, Martin, etc. resign) than certainly in the future.

Guy showed me at least he's the real deal.

I don't like fat RBs. 
Seriously what is wrong with Warren if true. You have a chance to be in the mix for a starting job if you show up in the best shape of your life. But instead of doing that you show up weighing 270 pounds??? That’s absurd.

Well I consider this to be a good landing spot for a RB. In case Gruden isn't so crazy. I assume the starter is not on the roster right now. Unless Warren defies the odds. Would be cool to see.

Users who are viewing this thread