What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (1 Viewer)

Dan Lambskin said:
Vogelbach...I don’t think he was drafted in all leagues
I still remember how mad I was when @shady inc sniped him from me in the Pie draft, and then how happy I was when he dropped him on April 1st.  :thumbup:

Too bad the rest of my team sucks.  :bag:

The way I draft my teams they're usually at a deficit with sb and sp.  So for me the most valuable pickup's are usually speed guys and starting arms.  So Vogelbach may be the most valuable waiver pickup, but he actually wouldn't help my teams much - as long as I drafted well anyway.  Dyson has probably been my most valuable pickup.  Didn't get him in every leeg though.  So I'm still trying to chase sb's.  Mainly with Laureano and Mercado, both of which I think prove to be more valuable than Dyson.  The most valuable arms had I gotten to them would have been Giolito and Odorizzi.  They were on my radar, just wasn't fast enough to them.  I didn't so mine are Soroka, Eflin, and Woodruff.  Never really gave much thought to Minor and Boyd, but they've been good too.

Wife had her company outing at the Phils this year.

I need to take my daughter (13) to more games.  Now that she plays high competitive softball she really understands the game for the most part.  She was calling out stuff, cheering, telling me the OF took a bad angle :lol:

Before the game they announce Jim Joyce is umping. She says "oh no, he is horrible". I'm like :mellow:  how do you know that?  She is saying YOUTUBE!!@#  :lmao:    Anyway, it was just a real fun time now that she actually watches teh game.  My favorite part is I showed her a long time ago stuff my team used to do in the dugout.   One of our schtick was 2 - 2 -2 count. We would take our hats and "beg for a hit".  WHole team would do it.  Now she wants to do it with me and if the batter gets a hit she's all excited.  :hifive:

Hearing from a reliable source, that Tim Anderson’s injury is much worse than they are leading on 

Torn Achilles is two places, out for year at the least 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hearing from a reliable source, that Tim Anderson’s injury is much worse than they are leading on 

Torn Achilles is two places, out for year at the least 
Not even sure if that is possible.  Once it tears you have no tension for it tear again.  Unless it was cut by something (spiked?).  I didn't see the injury so I have no idea what happened other than he rolled his ankle (high ankle sprain is what was reported).  Typically a roll of the ankle doesn't put the stress on the Achilles needed to tear it.  Now he may have torn multiple ligaments in his ankle but would be surprised if the Achilles was involved. 

Not even sure if that is possible.  Once it tears you have no tension for it tear again.  Unless it was cut by something (spiked?).  I didn't see the injury so I have no idea what happened other than he rolled his ankle (high ankle sprain is what was reported).  Typically a roll of the ankle doesn't put the stress on the Achilles needed to tear it.  Now he may have torn multiple ligaments in his ankle but would be surprised if the Achilles was involved. 
Hey, I'm just Wrigley.....not Dr Wrigley.  

All I'm trying to convey, is the front office/coaching staff do not expect him back this year.   The injury is much  worse than reported

Interested to see how the deadline pans out since there won't be any waiver trades this season. Assuming more teams will be very aggressive  :popcorn:  

Coors is amazing. Reds become the first team in modern era to hit 5 triples and 3 homers in the same game. 

The game ended after 3am and they play a day game today. 

cheese said:
Coors is amazing. Reds become the first team in modern era to hit 5 triples and 3 homers in the same game. 

The game ended after 3am and they play a day game today. 
And in typical 2019 fashion, they outscore the Rocks by 6 runs over the weekend and lose the series 2-1.

Troy Tulowitzki announced his retirement today.  He leaves the game with 44.2 rWAR (1.4 more than Rabbit Maranville).  He was a great player when healthy, which unfortunately wasn't very often.  He ended up with only 3 seasons (out of 13) with more than 600 PAs and 7 seasons with more than 500 PAs.

Tulo's B-R comps list is unusual with five MIs, four Cs and Carlos Gonzalez.  The similarity scores are quite low as well.

1. Javy Lopez (868.0)
  2. Elston Howard (851.9)
  3. Carlos Guillen (848.4)
  4. Dan Uggla (843.6)
  5. J.J. Hardy (843.2)
  6. Rich Aurilia (842.9)
  7. Carlos Gonzalez (838.4)
  8. Asdrubal Cabrera (836.7)
  9. Roy Campanella (831.5) *
  10. Mike Stanley (831.0)

Going to see kershaw in person today.

thinking about hall of famers I’ve seen live.

trout

pujols

schmidt

maybe machado

maybe harper

rick schu...

I guess the Mets are going for it?

Trading prospects to Jays for Stroman and....

@Ken_Rosenthal: In talks with at least one team on Syndergaard, #Mets only were seeking major-league talent that could help right away, sources tell The Athletic. Team is currently six games out in NL wild card race, trailing five teams.

Bizarre all around. The Mets being buyers. The Blue Jays selling for probable junk (Mets have a bad farm system). The Yankees not trying to up the offer. 

@Ken_Rosenthal: #BlueJays getting Anthony Kay and Simeon Woods Richardson for Stroman, sources tell The Athletic.

baseball reference has been doing a countdown of the top 8 mid-season trade acquisitions since 1986, as measured by post-trade WAR.

number 3 will shock you!

8. Rich Harden, SP, 2008, acquired by CHC

7. Fred McGriff, 1B, 1993, acquired by ATL

6. Roy Oswalt, SP, 2010, acquired by PHI

5. Manny Ramirez, LF, 2008, acquired by LAD

4. Mark Teixeira, 1B, 2008, acquired by LAA

3. Daniel Hudson, SP, 2010, acquired by ARI

2. Randy Johnson, SP, 1998, acquired by HOU

1. CC Sabathia, SP, 2008

Bauer to Cincy? As part of three team trade with SD. Bizarre. He'll be happy the fences are shorter in cincy. Easier to reach from the mound. 

Puig to Cleveland in the deal 

Last edited by a moderator:
Bauer to Cincy

Puig and Franmil Reyes and Logan Allen to CLE

Taylor Trammell to SD
Cleveland also gets AA LHP Scott Moss and 19 year old 3B/OF Victor Nova.  They both sound like OOTP randos.

I like the deal from Cleveland's perspective.

Seems like a high price to pay for 1 1/2 years of Bauer.

The Padres must love them some Taylor Trammell. He has upside to be a 5-tool star but he needs to reach it for this to be a good deal for San Diego, and right now he’s struggling in AA.

40-man roster concerns were probably a factor though. The Padres could get hit hard in a Rule 5 draft at some point and Trammell is still exempt from that this offseason.

Users who are viewing this thread