What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (1 Viewer)

The Official Xander Bogaerts Victory Lap Account‏ @greatstuffTM 12 hours ago

YOUR 2030 ANGELS

C Jeff Mathis

h1B Shohei Ohtani

2B Howie Kendrick again

3B Vlad Guerrero III

SS How is Jordy Mercer still playing?

LF Mike Trout

CF Jo Adell

RF Kole Calhoun

DH Albert Pujols

Brewers talking to Kimbrel, per Twitter.

Don't know how serious it is, but if he signs there it would cause some fun reactions on the north side of Chicago.

Brewers talking to Kimbrel, per Twitter.

Don't know how serious it is, but if he signs there it would cause some fun reactions on the north side of Chicago.
Kimbrel should wait until after the draft, at which point the compensation pick expires. That has been the deal breaker, almost as much as his salary demands. 

He would make more money by waiting, probably have teams bidding against each other for his services. 

Kimbrel should wait until after the draft, at which point the compensation pick expires. That has been the deal breaker, almost as much as his salary demands. 

He would make more money by waiting, probably have teams bidding against each other for his services. 
Easy to say if you're not sitting on him in a dynasty league. 😡

I kind of agree though. High-end relievers make their biggest impact in the postseason. It's not a huge deal if he misses April and May, and whatever contender's bullpen implodes first (Red Sox? Braves? Cubs?) will be feeling the heat to do something about it.

I did read somewhere that the Brewers' draft pick compensation would be lower, which may be part of the reason for their interest.

Man, Kikuchi hides the ball extremely well. I wonder why more pitchers don't learn to pitch like that. 

I predict he has a big year

Last edited by a moderator:
Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta all make the Brewers' rotation.  At least one will be a good fantasy option this year.  I'm guessing Burnes because of the goggles :nerd:

Woodruff, Burnes and Peralta all make the Brewers' rotation.  At least one will be a good fantasy option this year.  I'm guessing Burnes because of the goggles :nerd:
Surprised they sent Anderson to the pen, but he's the worst of the 4. Bravo, Brew Crew. How many turns before Nelson is healthy? 

Surprised they sent Anderson to the pen, but he's the worst of the 4. Bravo, Brew Crew. How many turns before Nelson is healthy? 
Nelson appears to be healthy based on his last spring start, had a great stat line and hit 95 on the gun. Now he just needs to get stretched out, I'm hopeful he only misses 2 turns.

Nelson appears to be healthy based on his last spring start, had a great stat line and hit 95 on the gun. Now he just needs to get stretched out, I'm hopeful he only misses 2 turns.
He complained of some elbow soreness after yesterday's four inning outing.   Brewers are saying it's no big deal but it is a setback.

He complained of some elbow soreness after yesterday's four inning outing.   Brewers are saying it's no big deal but it is a setback.
When a guy hasn’t pitched in 18 months every setback feels like a big deal. Probably now looking like May for his season debut and that’s if nothing else goes wrong.

When a guy hasn’t pitched in 18 months every setback feels like a big deal. Probably now looking like May for his season debut and that’s if nothing else goes wrong.
The Brewers have enough SP depth to be patient with Nelson.  We'll see how well that holds up once the games start to count.

Upon his return from Japan, Matt Olsen had surgery on his right hand.  Hand/wrist injuries are especially tough for power hitters.  Huge downgrade.

Man, Kikuchi hides the ball extremely well. I wonder why more pitchers don't learn to pitch like that. 

I predict he has a big year
Scott Servais has said that every third or fourth start Kikuchi will pitch just one or two innings, then get pulled. They have him on an innings limit, and this method will allow him to pitch until the end of the season rather than get shut down in August. 

The early ESPN game is Yanks versus Baltimore, rather than Washington versus the Mets. We get Tanaka against the immortal Andrew Cashner instead of DeGrom and Mad Max. 

Makes sense. 

The early ESPN game is Yanks versus Baltimore, rather than Washington versus the Mets. We get Tanaka against the immortal Andrew Cashner instead of DeGrom and Mad Max. 

Makes sense. 
O's lineup for Opening Day. What a treat!

Mullins, CF, Smith Jr., LF, Villar 2B, Mancini DH, Ruiz 3B, Rickard RF, Davis 1B, Sucre C, Martin SS, Cashner P.

A dude acquired for int'l bonus signing money 3 weeks ago is hitting #2 in an opening day lineup...and another dude claimed off wavers 3 months ago is hitting 5th in that same lineup - and neither was injury fueled.

Users who are viewing this thread