What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Baseball Forum Pinned Thread (1 Viewer)

Last year put me in my place and I've just about given up on baseball better entirely.  
I think there's a place for MLB betting, but it isn't April.  Every April is different, but they're all nuts.  Just in their own unique ways.  It's difficult, but I really try not to act on much until at least later in the month and preferably not til sometime in May.

Cubs extend David Bote for 5/15M beginning next year.  It'll cover his age 27-30 seasons plus two club options.

I don't know what this says about the state of the game.

Eephus said:
Cubs extend David Bote for 5/15M beginning next year.  It'll cover his age 27-30 seasons plus two club options.

I don't know what this says about the state of the game.
I think this might mean that Addison Russell has played his last game as a Cub.

Javy looks to have Wally Pipped him at SS, so Bote will become the starting 2B.

Last edited by a moderator:
Acuna and Soto should compete for a few MVP awards in the future.
Both off to slow starts but both have that thing that makes baseball players great. Looking at their overall profiles it’s hard to imagine prolonged slumps for either. Plus both of them have a positive approach to the game. 

Chris Sale velocity is down but i don't think they're terrible. The 11 game west coast road trip to open the season is really not fair imo.
I would agree. Really stupid. And even worse for defending champs. 

MLB is screwed either way with a team like Boston in late March/early April.

Start them on a west coast trip with retractable roofs and sunny weather? "Not fair to the defending champs!"

Start them at home and let Northeast weather postpone opening day twice until they play in "35 and windy" conditions? "MLB is so dumb. Don't they understand weather?!?"

Moral of the story: Complainers gonna complain.

Start them on a west coast trip with retractable roofs and sunny weather? "Not fair to the defending champs!"

Start them at home and let Northeast weather postpone opening day twice until they play in "35 and windy" conditions? "MLB is so dumb. Don't they understand weather?!?"

All teams still get 81 home games

• Smile
Reactions: RnR

Literally all you do is complain about posts other people make. You’re the whiniest person I’ve ever come across in any form in my life. Couple people were discussing their schedule on the [checks notes] discussion board and you of course have to fly in to ##### about it. 

Yikes.

For the record, I think MLB did a pretty solid job of scheduling the first 10 days this season. Properly utilized warm weather cities, roofed stadiums and "two days to play one opener" in cities that needed the coverage.

We're still dealing with very small sample sizes.  A couple of plays here or there and a 2-6 team would be 4-4.

The Cubs bullpen is a small sample of a small sample but it's still a mess.  Carl Edwards was sent to AAA.  Montgomery, Barnette, Cedeno and Morrow are hurt.  Cishek and Brach haven't been effective.  The pen could be a trouble spot all year.

We're still dealing with very small sample sizes.  A couple of plays here or there and a 2-6 team would be 4-4.

The Cubs bullpen is a small sample of a small sample but it's still a mess.  Carl Edwards was sent to AAA.  Montgomery, Barnette, Cedeno and Morrow are hurt.  Cishek and Brach haven't been effective.  The pen could be a trouble spot all year.
Edwards spent all spring working on a pause in his delivery (like Jansen and Kershaw) and then got told on Opening Day that it was illegal, and he would get called for a balk. 

No one can explain why he wasn't told this in February. 

If Chris Davis and Trevor Rosenthal squared off head-to-head, what's the end result?  :oldunsure:

I would appreciate a Chris Davis cut away every at bat.  This doesn't need to be just sports channels, all channels should cut to his ABs.

How does Ervin Santana still have a job in this game?  There really isn't a minor league pitcher somewhere who is a better option than him right now?  Baseball is weird.

Yeah, that's a shame

Users who are viewing this thread